PDA

View Full Version : CEO of Sig Sauer USA to face criminal charges in Germany

TexHill
02-25-19, 09:40
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/25/696690043/ceo-of-u-s-gun-maker-faces-jail-in-germany

German prosecutors accuse Cohen of colluding with Sig Sauer's sister company in Germany to violate that country's export rules. Under German law, companies are prohibited from exporting firearms or other weapons to countries in conflict.

My question is how does the German government define countries in conflict? Further in the article it states that Heckler & Koch was found guilty last week of similar charges for selling guns to the Mexican government. While I'm not familiar with the political situations in either Columbia or Mexico, my understanding is that the Mexican government is recognized by Germany as a legitimate governing body that is having to deal with organized crime. I have yet to hear anyone say that a civil war has broken out in Mexico. Makes me wonder, what would it take for Germany to declare the U.S. as a nation in conflict?

Firefly
02-25-19, 09:50
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/330/771/20b.png

He ruined Sig Sauer forever and I hope they put him on a cross

ETA and Kimber. If there's a Cohen, I aint goin'....

Lnxgeek
02-25-19, 10:13
Apparently the German gov banned sales to specific states in Mexico. Here is a Reuters note from May of last year:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-trial-heckler/heckler-koch-employees-on-trial-over-exports-to-mexico-idUSKCN1IG31F

"BERLIN (Reuters) - German prosecutors brought charges on Tuesday against employees of weapons manufacturer Heckler & Koch, whom they accuse of illegally trafficking arms to Mexican federal states to which Berlin has prohibited gun exports."

jpmuscle
02-25-19, 11:47
Germany can suck a dick

That said I’d personally deliver Cohen to them in exchange for a crate of 416s

Every man has his price
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
02-25-19, 12:20

Yep. He's a typical Wall Street type: He thinks only of profit margins and costs, and so he's good for business in that way. But he also completely guts quality of the product and quality control. So his model works for short to medium term for shareholders, but eventually people get sick of the shit product and move onto something good. The stocks take a hit, the CEO gets fired but with a huge severance, and then immediately gets hired by the next company, which he ruins doing the same things. Rinse and repeat.

titsonritz
02-25-19, 12:29

He should have faced criminal charges for that shit.

CRAMBONE
02-25-19, 12:54
Watched a documentary on YT a few weeks ago where they were linking arms used in the Yemani civil war to European manufacturers. They arms and munitions were legitimately sold to Saudi and UAE and ending up in Yemen. H&K was one of the manufactures named. Just wanted to throw this out there.

Adrenaline_6
02-25-19, 13:27
Yep. He's a typical Wall Street type: He thinks only of profit margins and costs, and so he's good for business in that way. But he also completely guts quality of the product and quality control. So his model works for short to medium term for shareholders, but eventually people get sick of the shit product and move onto something good. The stocks take a hit, the CEO gets fired but with a huge severance, and then immediately gets hired by the next company, which he ruins doing the same things. Rinse and repeat.

Yup. There are reasons why a said company is successful. Taking shortcuts or cutting back on those very reasons is business suicide. I guess if the CEO and board members know things are for the short term, they plan their careers and investments accordingly. Damn the rest and the company, they just move on to other opportunities to do the same thing again. Complete, greedy, heartless bastards...all of them.

JoshNC
02-25-19, 13:32
I very strongly dislike what Cohen has done to the Sig name and brand. That said, I do not support him being tried criminally in Germany for export violations. This is bullshit virtue signaling by the German government and whether you like Cohen or not, Germany should be told where they can stick it by the US government. Cohen didn’t break any US laws.

Averageman
02-25-19, 14:14
Why do I have a feeling that if the German Government can favor Iran of all countries to trade with, at this point they can STFU about Mexico getting some made in USA guns?
Don't get me wrong, after being burned twice by Sig USA, I have no love for them, but a trial, really?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-25-19, 14:26
I have no love for Cohen the Destroyer of Worlds. That said, his only reply to the Germans should be, "Nuts!"

SteyrAUG
02-25-19, 15:12

It's like getting Capone for taxes, but yeah.

pinzgauer
02-25-19, 15:36
End user certs, fake them at your own risk. He was turned in by a whistleblower in Sig.