PDA

View Full Version : HK social media girl apparently fired and i am annoyed

TacticalFun
02-25-19, 20:02
One of the only good social media personalities (my opinion) in the firearm industry was apparently let go due to making some marine jokes. I wasn't offended. And taking from the hell they have unleashed on themselves not many others were either. Comments in article below.

https://popularmilitary.com/hk-employee-goes-rogue-on-social-unleashes-barrage-of-dumb-marine-jokes/

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Circle_10
02-25-19, 20:10
I always enjoyed HK's comically antagonistic social media presence as it fit perfectly with the "you suck and we hate you" thing. I appreciated HK's willingness to own it and run with the gag.

I don't see in the article where it says "she" was fired for the Marine jokes though.

TacticalFun
02-25-19, 20:11
I always enjoyed HK's comically antagonistic social media presence as it fit perfectly with the "you suck and we hate you" thing. I appreciated HK's willingness to own it and run with the gag.

I don't see in the article where it says "she" was fired for the Marine jokes though.Go to Instagram. The original post is deleted and her presence is gone

TacticalFun
02-25-19, 20:13

I don't see in the article where it says "she" was fired for the Marine jokes though...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/dfda84c63a2d6cc4af0b77838a619e43.jpg

NWPilgrim
02-25-19, 20:23
Folks should send HK massive amounts of chewed crayons.

TacticalFun
02-25-19, 20:24
Folks should send HK massive amounts of chewed crayons.Lmao. We need them for dinner.

jpmuscle
02-25-19, 20:50
Her instagram zingers were pure gold

Hopefully HK will Unfvck themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP3R 237
02-25-19, 20:51
Damn she was the best. I hope they bring her back

TacticalFun
02-25-19, 20:51
Her instagram zingers were pure gold

Hopefully HK will Unfvck themselves

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI hope so. She was amazing.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/2ad3814dcac1e0e2c1b2cc8487565d38.jpg

vicious_cb
02-25-19, 20:57
What do you expect from the emasculated politically correct germans? They've been living under Furher Merkel anything mildly offensive is verboten.

SeriousStudent
02-25-19, 21:53
As a recovering crayon-eater, I would appreciate it if Social Media Girl returns to work.

https://i.imgur.com/PPSHpAf.jpg

I am warning you, HK: Do not make me Summon the Mattis.

Bubba FAL
02-25-19, 21:53
Sad, apparently no one has a sense of humor anymore.

ramairthree
02-25-19, 23:20
What did she do?

Request HK stop putting rounds in magazines backwards while simultaneously making fun of the Force Recon, I mean MARSOC, shit, I mean Raider,
Or Fing whatever Sort OF SEAL, dammint, operator badge, I think.

SteyrAUG
02-26-19, 02:40
Best thing from Hk in a LONG time.

And if Hanz and Franz can't un**** themselves and hire her back with both and apology and a bonus, I might be done buying HK products altogether. As the resident HK consumer of everything HK, that should send a shiver down the backs of the dark lords of Oberndorf.

I can easily live the rest of my life without a VP whatever striker fired pistol that isn't a Glock, a MR556s that is a unreasonable muzzle heavy poor substitute for a 416 semi auto and all of the other mediocre crap they've been generating for awhile.

I was going to jump an a SP5k but MKE beat them to the punch a couple years earlier at a better price with a paddle mag already installed. HK late to the game rather than leading the game.

The Marines aren't going to stop buying 416s because some little girl showed some character and had some fun with them. The Marines actually enjoy a girl with a little bit of backbone, unlike HK. HK is now so out of touch, they didn't realize that they had the cutting edge of internet presence.

Circle_10
02-26-19, 06:20
Part of me wonders if her "firing" is part of some sort of publicity stunt on HK's part?
I have a hard time believing that nobody else in the company was keeping an eye on her FB posts and couldn't have ordered her to pull the plug on the Marine-bashing before it got "out of hand" (which it never actually did in my opinion, everyone seemed to get a kick out if it.)

I'm also not convinced that the "social media girl" is actually one specific person and not just a persona assumed by multiple people in HK's social media department.

TacticalFun
02-26-19, 08:58
Even rival manufacturers are demanding her returnhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/881481f47af2bbb06719bae365039361.jpg

Firefly
02-26-19, 10:07
Everytime a light shines in the world some fatass has to destroy it.

SteyrAUG
02-26-19, 15:58
Part of me wonders if her "firing" is part of some sort of publicity stunt on HK's part?
I have a hard time believing that nobody else in the company was keeping an eye on her FB posts and couldn't have ordered her to pull the plug on the Marine-bashing before it got "out of hand" (which it never actually did in my opinion, everyone seemed to get a kick out if it.)

I'm also not convinced that the "social media girl" is actually one specific person and not just a persona assumed by multiple people in HK's social media department.

A valid conspiracy, but I think you are giving HK too much creative credit.

AKDoug
02-26-19, 16:51
I wonder.. was it Angela that got the axe? https://www.linkedin.com/in/angela-harrell-738a152b/

bad aim
02-26-19, 17:20
I wonder.. was it Angela that got the axe? https://www.linkedin.com/in/angela-harrell-738a152b/

If her Linkedin is right, letting her go after 14 years with the company for this...? Seems pretty extreme. I also agree with the above that I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually multiple folks who adopted the "persona".

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-26-19, 18:18

If her Linkedin is right, letting her go after 14 years with the company for this...? Seems pretty extreme. I also agree with the above that I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually multiple folks who adopted the "persona".

You are saying a girl that likes guns, has a sense of humor and is anonymous on the inter webs might not be real?

NickB
02-26-19, 20:10
Plot twist: USMC hires HK social media girl to run PR.

T2C
02-26-19, 21:03
The brass at HK obviously do not understand Marines. Jarheads like to hear a good joke, but be ready for the return volley when it's their turn to speak.

Stickman
02-26-19, 22:46
Plot twist: USMC hires HK social media girl to run PR.

Exactly what would be needed. If Angela was trashed over this, I would be surprised.

TXBK
02-26-19, 23:28
What if social media girl was really a dude? Oh my, imagine all of the crushed wet dreams.

Firefly
02-27-19, 06:52
Call and complain. I did.

The guy who said she was “the smug anime girl we need right now who made HK fun again” was me if you are reading this, you heartless space nazis.

I imagine the HK top brass as being a bunch of dudes with pomade shellacked hair in black skintight unitards moving robotically as ambient Kraftwerk plays in the background as the mope about denying God, rainbows, and sunshine.

Also they all look like the nerdy kraut from Raiders of the Lost Ark who gets melted by the Ark of the Covenant

TacticalFun
02-27-19, 06:55
Call and complain. I did.

The guy who said she was “the smug anime girl we need right now who made HK fun again” was me if you are reading this, you heartless space nazis.

I imagine the HK top brass as being a bunch of dudes with pomade shellacked hair in black skintight unitards moving robotically as ambient Kraftwerk plays in the background as the mope about denying God, rainbows, and sunshine.

Also they all look like the nerdy kraut from Raiders of the Lost Ark who gets melted by the Ark of the CovenantI also called yesterday

Circle_10
02-27-19, 07:06
What I want to know is when do the "Hitler reacts" videos start?

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-27-19, 07:08
What I want to know is when do the "Hitler reacts" videos start?

The crying girl outside the meeting would be perfect to stand in for The Girl....

LMT should hire her...

Firefly
02-27-19, 07:18
....I now DEMAND a smug LMT girl

“Lol our guns have all the pluses of an HK416 without the transsexual penis”

“Omg it’s Friday night and you are using a Colt again, anon?”

“Too broke for an SR25? We have MWS. Now you can sorta hang with the cool kids.”

“Pistols? No. We are too busy making rifles”

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-27-19, 07:39
....I now DEMAND a smug LMT girl

“Lol our guns have all the pluses of an HK416 without the transsexual penis”

“Omg it’s Friday night and you are using a Colt again, anon?”

“Too broke for an SR25? We have MWS. Now you can sorta hang with the cool kids.”

“Pistols? No. We are too busy making rifles”

All bow down before the Monolith!!!

jpmuscle
03-01-19, 13:43
Awwwww shit did we win!!!???

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190301/33a953001cadd05e2e176d9b43478cd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacticalFun
03-01-19, 13:47
Awwwww shit did we win!!!???

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI hope so

glocktogo
03-01-19, 15:24

Isn't she the one who used to be a bikini fitness model? :confused:

All I know is that there's way more dour Krauts in the world than fitness models who can crack wise enough to keep up with us jarheads. I hope she kicks their asses over this! :(