PDA

View Full Version : Judge Rules Women Can Be Drafted, Too

Doc Safari
02-27-19, 12:54
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-27/congratulations-women-judge-rules-us-military-should-draft-you-too

It looks like the US courts may beat the US legislative branch to expanding this realm of submission to government dictates to include women. Gregory Korte reported Sunday at USA Today that US District Judge Gray H. Miller declared Friday in a court case decision “that the all-male military draft is unconstitutional, ruling that ‘the time has passed’ for a debate on whether women belong in the military.”

Here is the key conclusion of Judge Miller in the Southern District of Texas case National Coalition for Men v. Selective Service System:

In short, while historical restrictions on women in the military may have justified past discrimination, men and women are now “similarly situated for purposes of a draft of registration for a draft.” Rostker, 453 U.S. at 78.

If there ever was a time to discuss “the place of women in the Armed Services,” that time has passed.

Id. At 72. Defendants have not carried the burden of showing that the male-only registration requirement continues to be substantially related to Congress’s objective of raising and supporting armies.

My take: This has been a bone of contention for a long time. I say in the long run it will cause more problems than any warm fuzzies this SJW feelgood ruling might cause.

Firefly
02-27-19, 13:03
http://pm1.narvii.com/6403/d5beff928c2b14efb2a3d90cd1371aa60b053a33_00.jpg

[IT AIN’T ME INTENSIFIES]

Remember this, Femmos, when you are route stepping in knee high rice paddies hunting down Charlie.

You could have been baking pies and taking kids to soccer practice.....

Doc Safari
02-27-19, 13:04
One thing that pops to mind: How does a woman take care of "feminine needs", i.e. related to menstruation, while waste-deep in a rainwater-filled foxhole while artillery shells burst overhead?

Firefly
02-27-19, 13:05
One thing that pops to mind: How does a woman take care of "feminine needs", i.e. related to menstruation, while waste-deep in a rainwater-filled foxhole while artillery shells burst overhead?

WITH CRAVATS AND AN OD SPONGE, SON

grizzlyblake
02-27-19, 14:30
This is most excellent. Equality is equality. Be careful what you wish for and all that.

Next should be full co-ed integration of all prisons, y'know since strong independent women don't need no man. Yes we can!

MountainRaven
02-27-19, 14:33
This is most excellent. Equality is equality. Be careful what you wish for and all that.

Next should be full co-ed integration of all prisons, y'know since strong independent women don't need no man. Yes we can!

That would greatly simplify the issue of what to do with transgender prisoners.

Renegade
02-27-19, 14:43
Much about nothing, since there is no draft.

SteyrAUG
02-27-19, 15:33
Much about nothing, since there is no draft.

There was one?

Renegade
02-27-19, 15:37
There was one?

not sure if serious....

Firefly
02-27-19, 15:43
not sure if serious....

https://pics.me.me/lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

Renegade
02-27-19, 15:45
https://pics.me.me/lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

Hey I didn't threaten to kill anyone!

There are lots of folks that do not know there was a draft....

26 Inf
02-27-19, 16:55
I would love to see the maneuvering some of the folks on this site would have done to avoid a post 9/11 draft.

That being said, I appreciate the largely symbolic gesture of the ruling.

docsherm
02-27-19, 17:45
I would love to see the maneuvering some of the folks on this site would have done to avoid a post 9/11 draft.

I would have gone to Canada to avoid the draft but I couldn't find the time with all the deployments I did........ :jester:

soulezoo
02-27-19, 18:04
I would have gone to Canada to avoid the draft but I couldn't find the time with all the deployments I did........ :jester:
Yeah, same here...

vicious_cb
02-27-19, 18:45

Who says they need to be in a combat role? They are plenty of pogue positions they can do.

This is excellent indeed, equality is what they asked for, equality is what they get. Now you can dig latrines like the rest of us. :meeting:

morbidbattlecry
02-27-19, 19:12

Birth-control pills and then don't do the skip week.

SteyrAUG
02-27-19, 19:47
Hey I didn't threaten to kill anyone!

There are lots of folks that do not know there was a draft....

Go watch Stripes again. When Cruiser is asked why he joined the army.

SteyrAUG
02-27-19, 19:50

I'm opposed to compulsory military service unless we are actually being invaded and defending home ground.

Additionally, at the time I was working my ass off to pay for my house and take care of my loved ones, that would have been impossible on Army pay. Now if they want to shitcan the Dick Act and restore the Constitutional "militia" I'll be glad to do my part as a US citizen.

jsbhike
02-27-19, 20:20
Go watch Stripes again. When Cruiser is asked why he joined the army.

Figured he was just going to get drafted anyway.

lowprone
02-27-19, 20:25
There will be another war and another draft because one half of the country would never serve on their volition.

docsherm
02-27-19, 20:37
There will be another war and another draft because one half of the country would never serve on their volition.

I would say a hell of a lot more than half would not serve.

Averageman
02-27-19, 20:55
I got my notice to go down to the Post Office and apply for the Draft in Basic Training. I showed it to my Drill Sergeant and asked if I could go back home and turn it in to the Post Master,...I think I did a lot of push-ups after that.

Honestly it's a hypothetical and very slight possibility that we will ever have a call up again, but here's the thing.
You're living in the most advanced civilization ever known to man. Everyone, even our poor have microwaves, cell phones and flat screens and we live in such abundance that even our poor are obese. So on the slim possibility that it might ever happen, why bitch about it?
If it ever happens, I don't see why females can't serve, even if that means emptying bedpans at the VA, everybody needs to know they have some skin in the game.
At one point my Mother had one Son deployed, one getting ready to deploy and one in Navy boot camp, so all this whiny "Girls are gonna get Drafted" means little to me.

SteyrAUG
02-27-19, 22:05
Figured he was just going to get drafted anyway.

Then Hulka replies: Son, there ain't no draft anymore.

To which Cruiser replies: There was one?

hotrodder636
02-28-19, 08:49
Well, no maneuvering here...was on deployment in 2001 on Big E and was first carrier on station and first to launch strikes.