PDA

View Full Version : The Sisters Brothers (Review)

WillBrink
02-27-19, 18:03
Sorts of Fargo meets The Forgiven. It's bizarre, quirky, dark, and full of "WTF?" moments. Why it's listed as a comedy I have no idea. While there's a few dark comic moments, it's no comedy by any stretch. It's a who's who of top actors who apparently wanted to work on this film. It's beautifully made, top level acting, and like "There Will be Blood" I'll never be sure If I enjoyed it or not... B+/D- (which I realize makes no sense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OwvqKwTKmE

TomMcC
02-27-19, 19:23
I saw the previews of this movie and it looked a bit bizarre. I'm a sucker for a western...I take it your B+ indicates that it's worth a serious view?

WillBrink
02-27-19, 21:10
I saw the previews of this movie and it looked a bit bizarre. I'm a sucker for a western...I take it your B+ indicates that it's worth a serious view?

I really wish I could say. I considered giving it a B+/D- which makes no sense. It's one of those movies you just have to like the genre, dark, quirky, etc. Do you like movies like Fargo and such? Think Fargo meets There Will Be Blood, if that helps. From a strictly movie making POV, acting, sets, cinematography, etc, it's really well done. What I did like about it was it does not sugar coat the old west, cuz it was a dirty, harsh, often violent place. There's some real human level stuff I liked, but it's not your typical western by any means.