PDA

View Full Version : Best quick release scope mount

brutus51
02-27-19, 18:13
New to AR's and their toy's. Want to get a reliable quick release scope mount so I can quickly switch to red dot's and peep sights.
Will be used on a Trijicon Accupower 1X4

sveesix
02-27-19, 18:15
Larue!

SteveL
02-27-19, 18:37
For the money I prefer ADM if i want QD.

WickedWillis
02-27-19, 18:50
For the money I prefer ADM if i want QD.

For the money, mine have been great.

Also look at Scalarworks, depending on your budget, their mounts are amazing.

rockapede
02-27-19, 18:54
I don't know that you can really go wrong with any of the major brands (LaRue, ADM, Bobro, etc). Another option to consider that I've been very impressed with as of late is Midwest Industries. I've got a couple of their QD Aimpoint mounts and have no reservations about them.

All that said, I'm not sure QD for the purpose of swapping multiple optics onto one upper makes a ton of sense, particularly when you're looking at an LPVO. You may be better served with a strong non-QD mount and offset irons/RMR OR think of QD more as a hedge against optic failure with standard BUIS.

ssc
02-27-19, 19:20
Great answers to your question. However, there was an identical thread in the "optics and mounts" section. Just a suggestion, but a search of that area will give you some additional information. I also have a sneaking suspicion that this thread will get locked or moved to the correct section.

Cheers, Steve

gunnerblue
02-27-19, 20:49
I’ve used Bobro, Larue and ADM. I prefer Bobro as it has the greatest clamping surface area of the three.

MountainRaven
02-27-19, 20:56
I've also used ADM, Bobro, and LaRue and I prefer Bobro, because there is nothing to adjust on them.

Iraqgunz
02-28-19, 06:20
https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts