PDA

View Full Version : SpaceX NASA Dragon Capsule Launch

polydeuces
03-02-19, 02:42
We're Baaaaaack........!

BIG!!! congrats to all the gear-heads at SpaceX, Nasa! - OUT-F#*KING-STANDING WORK!!!!!!!
Free enterprise at its very best (...with a bit of good ol' gub'ment 'corporate wellfare'...) about to change the manned spaceflight paradigm.
(Wanting to say this for a long...long ...long.....time...)

Been a long painful 8-some years but soon.
REALLY soon.
We will be back with man-rated spaceflight capability.

And from where I'm sitting, we're about to it with a vengeance. Literally opening the floodgates.

Good luck, Godspeed to Boeing, Virgin, Blue Origin, etc.....and goodbye to buying overprices seats on antiquated commie-rides - let the first BFR launch be a big middle finger to that ripoff!

dwhitehorne
03-02-19, 04:41
Good to hear. I’ve always wondered why with one of our most advanced technological programs, we threw our hands up and called “I’m riding shotgun” with someone who is not one of our closest allies. David

Grand58742
03-02-19, 07:43
Good luck, Godspeed to Boeing, Virgin, Blue Origin, etc.....and goodbye to buying overprices seats on antiquated commie-rides - let the first BFR launch be a big middle finger to that ripoff!

I like the option of having multiple spacecraft and whatnot, but screw Boeing and their overpriced nonsense.

SpaceX contract for the Crew Dragon: $2.6 billion to develop, launched first.

Boeing contract for the CST-100: $4.2 billion to develop, hopefully will launch this spring. And built on partially developed technology with funds from another program

ULA average price for a rocket launch: $225 million each pop without being able to be reused (at the moment)

SpaceX average cost per launch: $62 million (can reuse the first stage many of the times)

SpaceX has done it cheaper (even with the dose of "corporate welfare"), more efficiently and quicker than the "big boys" in the business. And with the reusability of the Falcon 9 first stage, will continue to do it cheaper and more efficiently. Even if NASA doesn't choose the reusable booster option for safety reasons, those can still be reused with other clients and bring the overall price for launch down.

It's time for Boeing/ULA to realize their days of overcharging because they are the only game in the business are over. If I was Jim Bridenstine, I'd be taking a hard look at any future contracts that saved me money so I could reallocate that money elsewhere in my Agency.

BrigandTwoFour
03-02-19, 08:35
Good to hear. I’ve always wondered why with one of our most advanced technological programs, we threw our hands up and called “I’m riding shotgun” with someone who is not one of our closest allies. David

What it really came down to was that the shuttle was too old to be space-worthy, but politicians kept cutting funding for developing a replacement. It's long been the case that politicians wanting an expanded welfare state are the enemy of the space program. They look at the cost of space flight and think of all the votes they could buy with free stuff instead.

docsherm
03-02-19, 12:33
So NASA is no longer settled with that failor of a mission that Obama gave them? To make Muslims feel better about their heritage......... LOLOLOLOL