PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK Customer Service

Paul45
11-07-08, 08:58
I just had a GREAT customer experience with GLOCK! I recent had a G23 go down with a sheared of left rear frame rail. I called GLOCK and they said "send it in and we'll take care of it". I got a call about 4 days later - it was Glock - they received the gun and wanted to know if I wanted the new frame to have the same serial # with a 1 or a new serial number? 8 - 10 weeks for the same # or 3 -4 for a new #. I went for new. Well less than 2 weeks later - Wednesday - the FedEx guy rings the bell and there is my G23. The only original parts on the gun were the night sights, the barrel and the slide. EVERYTHING else was new including a new mag to replace my old non-drop free that I put in it (along with old parts and springs) before I shipped it out. They put everything back to "like new" factory spec in less than 2 1/2 weeks. I am VERY happy with them. So are my 9 other Glocks.
I don't know of any other MFG that would replace / rebuild a 8 year old gun for free!

thopkins22
11-07-08, 09:19
Round count when it broke?

Sounds like great customer service though.

ToddG
11-07-08, 09:27
Not at all surprised, Glock has been outstanding in responding to the broken rail issue.

Giving you new internals is probably actually a time- and cost-savings thing on their part. They just took a complete frame and dropped your top end on it. Replacing the mag was a very nice touch, though.

Paul45
11-07-08, 09:35
The G23 had about 25000 rounds thru it. It was an "e" sreies. There was small batch back in 2001 they had an issue with the frame rails. This appears to be one of them.
They not only gave me a complete new lower end but replaced "all" the parts in the slide. NEW EVERYTHING!
The best part about the G23 breaking - it kept working even with 1 rail gone!
4 Glocks broke on me in a 2 week period but they all continued to function in manner or another. You have got to feel comfortable about a gun the goes BANG even when broken!!!!!

kymarkh
11-07-08, 10:48
Been a Glock user since 1990 and have had to contact Glock customer service twice. First time was for an 'upgrade' to a G22 in 1992 where they paid shipping both ways and took care of it quickly and professionally. Second time was about a month ago for a dead Glock light where they paid return shipping and replaced the 2+ year old broken light with a new one within a week. I'm pretty happy with Glock customer service.

LSK
11-07-08, 14:39
I also received great customer service from Glock. I cracked a slide. I called Glock and they just said send it. I got it back about ten days later and except for the frame and barrel I had a new pistol. They replaced every part in the pistol. I was never asked if I was the original owner or how long I had owned the pistol.

memberonly
11-07-08, 19:17
Not surprising at all.

I bought a 2nd gen 17 early this year as my range gun. Called Glock and asked if I could stop by for a check up. Even without asking, they replaced all my internal parts while I was there.

skyugo
11-07-08, 20:05
The G23 had about 25000 rounds thru it. It was an "e" sreies. There was small batch back in 2001 they had an issue with the frame rails. This appears to be one of them.
They not only gave me a complete new lower end but replaced "all" the parts in the slide. NEW EVERYTHING!
The best part about the G23 breaking - it kept working even with 1 rail gone!
4 Glocks broke on me in a 2 week period but they all continued to function in manner or another. You have got to feel comfortable about a gun the goes BANG even when broken!!!!!

whoa... so a gun with "issues" lasted 25,000 rounds? nice. :D

Paul45
11-08-08, 20:37
whoa... so a gun with "issues" lasted 25,000 rounds? nice. :D

YUP! And it still functioned after the rail departed!
I looked up the serial number and it was made (e series) during that period and was on the glock list as one that MAY have an issue.
It has over 25000 thru it. It was my 2nd Glock. During the 1st 2months I put over 3500 thru it - testing a new gun, taking a John Farnum 2 day class and started IDPA. That was Jan 2001. I slowed down a little with it after that but it was my main gun along with a G34 (put over 100,000 thru that) until 2005 when I switched back to .45 ( G21 and G30). I shoot a lot - not well but a lot! I currently have 4 Glock 9's, 4 Glock .40 and 3 Glock .45 along with MANY other guns. Been collecting / shooting competitively for over 45 years since I was 16 years old. Today I shot a USPSA handgun match inthe morning and a 3 gun match in the afternoon. Going out tomorrow to shoot the "NEW" g23 and sight in the red dot on the 22/45. I have a defensive pistol match Monday night - etc etc etc. I love to shoot.

St.Michael
11-09-08, 10:46
That's awesome. I am picking one up very soon I hope!

IdahoCorsair
11-11-08, 10:03
Sounds like more of the same... great service!

Did I read you correctly Paul? 4 (four) Glocks broke on you in a two-week period?????!!!! :eek: Will you please explain the nature of the "breaks" and you said they all kept running?

cmdr249
11-11-08, 11:03
I got home from a departmental re-qual one time and found that the locking block on my Glock 22 had broken on the left side sometime during the day. It was only discovered after the qualification and other shooting was well over and only during cleaning.

As an armorer, I had a few spares and it was a simple, quick fix.

I recently had another officer contact me in a frenzy - he had been shooting his G22 and somehow the rear of a case blew out and tore the extractor out of the pistol in the recoil. Not a true kaboom from what I can tell. Magazine stayed in the pistol and he didn't notice anything "funny" during the damaging shot - other than he didn't have eye protection on when shooting and knew I was going to give it to him since I had trained him in basic.

He was able to recover the back of the case/case head and the chamber was clear (no case stuck inside) but couldn't find the body of the case - it was either a bad reload with factory case/pulled bullets (not likely), bad old factory round, or the case had been damaged in the area above the rim at some time. The rounds were an old mix of rounds - Federal case, probably a Hydra-shok (had some others still in the mag). No other damage to the pistol. The pistol operated as a single shot with manual extraction - I just had to see.

$14 in parts - I replaced everything connected with the extractor just to be safe. Replaced more than I had to. It test fired fine and is back in service.

Glock customer service has never been an issue. I did a complete E-series frame replacement for 20 Academy Glock 17s and they let all the frame parts be stripped for spares as well - said they would just be trashed anyway. All the new frames were complete when shipped with the addition of the "1" to the serial plates.

Paul45
11-11-08, 17:14
The 4 "failures" were:
- Broken frame rail on the G23 - still functioned
- broken trigger spring on the G34 - still functioned by pointing to low ready and shaking to reset.
- kinked safety plunger spring on the G19 - doubled on every shot but worked.
- Broked front steel sight on the G17, screw sheared off during recoil - finished the stage without the front sight and did OK.

Allmost forgot the slide release spring broke on my G35 about 2 weeks before so I guess it is 5 Glocks in 4 weeks. Must be some kind of record for one person. I had all the parts (except the frame) for immediate fixes. You have got to love the simplicity.

Glock offered to issue the same serial number with a "1" but it would take 8 to 10 weeks. I opted for a new serial number - about 1 week.