PDA

View Full Version : New! LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger

Renegade04
03-06-19, 11:49
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-straight-bow-trigger/

I just ordered one.

Esq.
03-06-19, 12:21
May have to order a couple for some SPR type rifles I have....Was thinking about standardizing the triggers as they now have a mishmash of stuff- older RR Match Triggers, McCormicks etc....

jpmuscle
03-06-19, 12:28
I ordered one to play with

The skeletonizing is meh but G cornered the looks department already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duffy
03-06-19, 12:33
I don't like skeletonizing of the bow, but it still looks better than G's.

bad aim
03-06-19, 12:46

Same here. I do have to tip my hat to Mark for pushing out this product. I'm not too pleased with how Geissele handled the MK16 debacle, but it's good to see that Larue is providing an alternative to the $$$ SD-C. Vote with your dollar :cool:

ALCOAR
03-06-19, 13:01

What looks better about this trigger than the SD series of triggers? Is it purely a visual thing/aesthetics with you, or have you tried the SD triggers side by side with the new Larue trigger?

Just curious cause I know you have no axe to grind here.

AndyLate
03-06-19, 13:04
C'mon Mark, don't you have enough of my money yet?

jpmuscle
03-06-19, 13:07
Same here. I do have to tip my hat to Mark for pushing out this product. I'm not too pleased with how Geissele handled the MK16 debacle, but it's good to see that Larue is providing an alternative to the $$$ SD-C. Vote with your dollar :cool:

Handled? Hell its still ongoing it looks like.

1_click_off
03-06-19, 14:28
Ordered a couple to try as well. I found the regular MBT to pinch finger/gloves without extended trigger guard. Maybe this one will fix that issue, or maybe I just not be lazy with finger placement on the trigger......

jpmuscle
03-06-19, 14:37
Hopefully these don’t take a month to ship

1_click_off
03-30-19, 11:51
Hopefully these don’t take a month to ship

Anybody receive theirs yet?

Renegade04
03-30-19, 12:00

Still waiting for mine.

Order #712667
Created: 3-06-2019

Eurodriver
03-30-19, 13:34
Still waiting for mine.

Order #712667
Created: 3-06-2019

That’s too long.

jpmuscle
03-30-19, 13:36

Still waiting on mine too

dperdue
03-30-19, 15:17
I got impatient, so I called them, and had them add a 2nd one to my order....

grizzman
03-30-19, 15:39
I don't have any flat faced triggers, and consider it unwise to change now......so I just ordered another standard one.

TMS951
03-31-19, 12:36
With the larue trigger requiring a flat face the straight bow here makes sense.

I really like my Larue trigger for the money but don’t love the flat face. I prefer the feel of milspec or Geiselle.

I’ve never considered a straight bow trigger. But for the money I think I’ll try one of these next order I put in with larue.

Stickman
03-31-19, 15:02

While I don't overly care for the look of it either, you can only copy so much. Altering the look a new way makes it stand out, which should certainly help with recognition, and that is almost always a good thing.

Making a flat trigger isn't anything new, and I don't understand why every trigger maker doesn't include it as an option in their lineup. I feel a flat trigger shoots a tad faster for me, but I don't recall ever shooting the same trigger model back to back on the same platform/ build while using a pact timer, so it is more a seat of the pants "feeling" than anything else.

Lastly, I like the hook that CMC puts on the bottom of their flat triggers. For people who aren't familiar with it, a pic is posted below....

https://66.media.tumblr.com/118f0f0f2b2bab6116f545c62537c450/tumblr_pc3idoypIU1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Rayrevolver
03-31-19, 16:21
Stick, when HKParts came out with a flat faced trigger for the MP5s, it also came with a hook. I thought I would not like it but I was wrong! The hook is great and makes me index at the same place every time.

I need 1 more AR trigger and I am contemplating the new flatbow or just another regular MBT. Having more time now on the regular MBT, I can say I still like the SD-C better. They are really close and I think as I get more rounds on the MBT that I notice more creep maybe on the 2nd? Maybe thats more of the "broken carrot" thing vice the glass rod??? Who knows.

My hkparts trigger:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4865/44760022290_ea10f7e1de_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2bchPdf)

_Stormin_
03-31-19, 16:58
1: I have placed an order for one to try out. I have a couple of the flat Geissele triggers and I really do love them. It hasn't been enough to convert every rifle over, but I find myself reaching for them more often.
2: Damn it, now I am heading to HKParts to swap out my MP5s trigger.

Stick, when HKParts came out with a flat faced trigger for the MP5s, it also came with a hook.

FLICK
03-31-19, 21:21
There doesn’t seem to be many/any of the flat bow MBTs in the wild, but is there a decrease (real or perceived) in the length of the first stage compared to the standard MBT? I like the width, look, and break of the standard MBT but want a much shorter first stage or a true single stage from LaRue.....

556BlackRifle
03-31-19, 21:23
I'm not sure I like the skeleton bow either. I'll wait to hear back from you all as to how it shoots.

SteveL
04-01-19, 10:49
I don't care for it being skeletonized but the price is a lot easier to stomach than an SD-C or SD-E.

fz1boxer
04-01-19, 10:56
still waiting on 2

Milspec78
04-01-19, 11:04
I just bought a geissele sd-c,I wish I would have known about these!!the sd-c is what you would expect,thinking about ordering the lighter spring set from geissele for it...

dperdue
04-01-19, 14:45
I just bought a geissele sd-c,I wish I would have known about these!!the sd-c is what you would expect,thinking about ordering the lighter spring set from geissele for it...

Will the lighter spring basically turn it into an SDE? If so, I personally don’t feel a huge difference between my SDC and SDE? I’m sure it’s there, but just not noticeable to me.

SteveL
04-01-19, 15:46
still waiting on 2

How long have you been waiting?

Milspec78
04-02-19, 04:58
Not sure if it will or won’t?i know there is (to me anyway) a pronounced difference in my ssa,and ssa-e...

Outlander Systems
04-02-19, 07:12
A lot of folks don’t know that MBT stands for:

Most
Booty
Trigger

AndyLate
04-02-19, 07:23
Mainly
Built
for
Trannies

Firefly
04-02-19, 07:56
Mainly
Built
for
Trannies

I'm okay with this

AndyLate
04-03-19, 06:42
In truth, I am interested in this trigger. I have two "curved" bow MBTs - standard springs on my 18" rifle and "heavy" spring on a 16" GP carbine. I can tell a difference, but it is pretty subtle to me. I guess I don't have sensitive trigger finger.

I have never used a straight trigger - what do they bring to the table?

Andy

dperdue
04-03-19, 07:14
In truth, I am interested in this trigger. I have two "curved" bow MBTs - standard springs on my 18" rifle and "heavy" spring on a 16" GP carbine. I can tell a difference, but it is pretty subtle to me. I guess I don't have sensitive trigger finger.

I have never used a straight trigger - what do they bring to the table?

Andy

From a technical standpoint, I can’t really tell you what they bring to the table. I can tell you that I prefer how they feel. I even have one in my Glock.

WS6
04-03-19, 13:29
Mainly
Built
for
Trannies

grizzman
04-04-19, 12:59
The straight bow units may not be shipping yet, but a standard one arrived today. My wait was only 5 days.

Renegade04
04-04-19, 13:57
FYI:

I just got off the phone with Brad at LaRue Tactical. The straight bow trigger orders should start shipping in about 30 days from now in the order they were received. The first orders (like mine) were on March 6.

jpmuscle
04-04-19, 15:35
FYI:

I just got off the phone with Brad at LaRue Tactical. The straight bow trigger orders should start shipping in about 30 days from now in the order they were received. The first orders (like mine) were on March 6.

Sweet. I ordered mine literally 98 seconds after I got the notice lol

fz1boxer
04-05-19, 03:54
How long have you been waiting?

ordered 3-06-2019

Frank_Jameson
04-05-19, 10:39
FYI:

That kinda sucks to hear, but given the price I can wait. I wish I would have known about it sooner. I guess that's what I get for not being on their mailing list.

Renegade04
04-05-19, 17:41
Heads-up guys. Brad from LaRue Tactical just called me and said that he just got word that the straight-bow triggers should start shipping next week sometime. This is definitely welcome news. :D

Eurodriver
04-05-19, 17:53
I just got my first MBT (not straight) thanks to RobertTheTexan.

I like the wider shoe but I think having it straight would be money. When these things are shipping I will order one. I wish they made a single stage.

What’s the word on that?

https://i.imgur.com/g4hC2ZI.jpg

SteveL
04-05-19, 18:45
I just got my first MBT (not straight) thanks to RobertTheTexan.

I like the wider shoe but I think having it straight would be money. When these things are shipping I will order one. I wish they made a single stage.

What’s the word on that?

https://i.imgur.com/g4hC2ZI.jpg

How do you feel it compares against the SSA? The idea that it's as good as a trigger that costs 3x as much seems too good to be true, but stranger things have happened.

Eurodriver
04-05-19, 20:02
How do you feel it compares against the SSA? The idea that it's as good as a trigger that costs 3x as much seems too good to be true, but stranger things have happened.

I have the SSAE and I’d say aside from the wider shoe it feels almost identical with the lighter MBT spring. I understand your argument but I’d counter with - can a trigger 3x as much really be 3x as good? I’m not a miser and I love blowing loads (of cash, too) but I probably wouldn’t get another $240 G trigger.

I am going to have 500 rounds through it by the end of the weekend and I’ll know more then. I might bring my SSAE lower just for giggles.

SteveL
04-05-19, 20:31
I have the SSAE and I’d say aside from the wider shoe it feels almost identical with the lighter MBT spring. I understand your argument but I’d counter with - can a trigger 3x as much really be 3x as good? I’m not a miser and I love blowing loads (of cash, too) but I probably wouldn’t get another $240 G trigger.

I am going to have 500 rounds through it by the end of the weekend and I’ll know more then. I might bring my SSAE lower just for giggles.

Thanks for the response. I get where you're coming from with diminishing returns. I don't necessarily expect the G trigger to be 3x as good but also wouldn't be surprised to hear it's noticeably better given the price disparity. I'm glad to hear they're so comparable. I'll probably get one to try out. I have 3 G triggers already. I got one used to save some cash but I don't think I'll pony up for any more.

georgeib
04-05-19, 22:39
Thanks for the response. I get where you're coming from with diminishing returns. I don't necessarily expect the G trigger to be 3x as good but also wouldn't be surprised to hear it's noticeably better given the price disparity. I'm glad to hear they're so comparable. I'll probably get one to try out. I have 3 G triggers already. I got one used to save some cash but I don't think I'll pony up for any more.I have several Geissele triggers including SSA, SSA-E, SD-E, NM, and DM so you could definitely say that I'm a fan... However, after playing with a LaRue trigger on my buddy's LaRue 308, I can honestly say that I'm impressed!

I've heard the break described as half way between the SSA and the SSA-E, and I would tend to agree with that assessment. The flatter and wider trigger shoe feels really good to me, and the only reason I haven't gotten one is because I want my triggers to be consistent across my rifles.

That said, if I have a criticism of the LaRue trigger, it would be that there are noticeable machining marks in non critical areas. Whereas all my Geissele units are essentially flawless in finish. But who sees how a trigger is finished after it's installed, right?

grizzman
04-05-19, 22:59
When very carefully analyzing their pulls, releases, and resets (with full attention on the trigger and nothing else), slight differences can be felt between the MBT and SSA. One isn't definitively better than the other. They're just very subtly different.

When actually shooting the rifle (even precisely for awesome groups), aside from the different feel of the trigger's front surface, they both feel and work equally awesome.

Am I going to buy another SSA? Not even if they were 1/2 their price.

caveman74
04-07-19, 11:31
I have owned a LaRue MBT for a little over a year now and before it, I hadn't owned anything other than a typical single stage LPK. I think that is it a terrific trigger however, there is a problem. I installed it with the heavier spring, and I have had several light strikes with 55gr Wolf (steel cased) and Georgia Arms 55gr FMJ.

Last Christmas my son got gave me a Geissele G2S. Compared to the MBT, the trigger pull on the Geissele feels smoother but the trigger pull weight feels virtually identical. The sear reset on the G2S is unmistakable as opposed to the MBT which I feel as if that I must listen or wait to feel it reset. I also wish that the width of the MBT was like that of a normal trigger. The width of it is too wide for the 2nd digit of my index finger and it feels awkward with my 1st digit.

fz1boxer
04-09-19, 09:13
just got shipping notification

Renegade04
04-09-19, 09:51
just got shipping notification

I got mine this morning as well.

SteveL
04-10-19, 11:42
I ordered one yesterday but it shows back ordered. I'm not really surprised. The first batch was probably sold out before they received them.

jpmuscle
04-10-19, 11:44
Should have mine Saturday

Iraqgunz
04-10-19, 15:32
Your post doesn't make sense. If you installed a heavier spring, you shouldn't be getting light strikes.

I have owned a LaRue MBT for a little over a year now and before it, I hadn't owned anything other than a typical single stage LPK. I think that is it a terrific trigger however, there is a problem. I installed it with the heavier spring, and I have had several light strikes with 55gr Wolf (steel cased) and Georgia Arms 55gr FMJ.

Last Christmas my son got gave me a Geissele G2S. Compared to the MBT, the trigger pull on the Geissele feels smoother but the trigger pull weight feels virtually identical. The sear reset on the G2S is unmistakable as opposed to the MBT which I feel as if that I must listen or wait to feel it reset. I also wish that the width of the MBT was like that of a normal trigger. The width of it is too wide for the 2nd digit of my index finger and it feels awkward with my 1st digit.

81mmcat
04-10-19, 16:50
The heavier spring (larue gives you) is for the trigger, and not for the hammer

Fastcat
04-11-19, 10:44
What % of light strikes are upside-down hammer springs? That's always my first question when something like this pops up.

26 Inf
04-11-19, 12:43
What % of light strikes are upside-down hammer springs? That's always my first question when something like this pops up.

Yep! This is why I have a copy of this hanging up by the bench -

I also use a KNS Hammer cage: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/hammer-cage/

If you pay attention to how the spring legs snap onto the catches you can tell if the spring is installed correctly (The one on the left is incorrect):

Renegade04
04-11-19, 15:07
Just got my new LaRue Tactical straight bow 2-stage trigger and installed it. I like it.

https://i.imgur.com/RhuYIzT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Q3tXhxQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CPtVa3N.jpg

jpmuscle
04-11-19, 15:17
Ok I’ll say it. Thankfully it’s only 80 bucks. Because it’s the visual equivalent of a mentally impaired troglodyte. I don’t think I can bring myself to put it into my SR15. [emoji51]

But so long as it performs.

dperdue
04-12-19, 11:36
Ordered mine in March 19th, called and added a 2nd one to the order on March 27th and the order shipped today.

CFII
04-12-19, 11:47
That is a great looking rifle.

Frank_Jameson
04-12-19, 20:35
Didn't order mine until April 5th. Still shows its on backorder. :/

grizzman
04-12-19, 20:40
Orders from March 15 shipped today, so it's completely natural for your order to still be in a back-ordered state. It was posted earlier in this thread that orders are
being processed in the sequence in which they were received. My guess is that there were many orders submitted between dperdue's order and yours.

wigbones
04-12-19, 23:23
Orders from March 25th have been updated with tracking information now.

fz1boxer
04-13-19, 05:15
I got mine this morning as well.
wow did you have yours expedited?mine is still on a truck somewhere.

jpmuscle
04-13-19, 19:55
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190414/e0db44436fb40e3c6c3f2ed5b4255348.jpg

Eurodriver
04-13-19, 20:12
Lol.

It’s a “stoner” rifle.

SteveL
04-15-19, 14:52
I ordered one on the 9th and I just got a shipping notification. It looks like they're blowing through the back orders pretty quickly.

Fastcat
04-15-19, 15:40
I ordered one on the 9th and I just got a shipping notification. It looks like they're blowing through the back orders pretty quickly.

Same here. Just got my notification. I sold my SSA and SSA-E to standardize to these triggers. Looking forward to trying the straight version. I prefer the original MBT to the SSA-E and given the fact that I can outfit 3 rifles with MBT's for the price of an SSA-E its not even close.

I bought my first one when they were $125 and I thought that was a deal.

RobertTheTexan
04-15-19, 22:17

This.

Fastcat
04-18-19, 14:50
Trigger arrived today. I installed it in a factory BCM. Fit and finish is great as expected. So far I like the feel of the curved trigger better. I’m going to have to get used to letting off the trigger farther for a reset. The real test will be putting rounds down range. Hard to get a feel for the cycle of it dry firing.

SteveL
04-19-19, 13:09
Mine came in this morning and I installed it in a BCM lower. This is the first trigger I've ever messed with where the disconnector was permanently pinned to the trigger. Installation was easy. I like that the pins have an outer notch on both ends instead of just one. IMO the feel of the trigger pull is easily on par with an SD-E. I'm still not crazy about the skeletonized look, but for the price and feel I can't see why I'd buy another G trigger.

Frank_Jameson
04-20-19, 15:10
Just got mine delivered this morning. I've never used anything other than mil-spec and all I can say is WOW! No creep, no over travel. I should have ordered two.

http://i.imgur.com/rAN8gtd.jpg

SBRSarge
04-20-19, 16:29
I've always lived my straight bow Geissele SD-Es but this looks too good not to try.

Just spent $$ on their website. Now trying to fund a way to justify it to the Mrs......