PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Chamber Problem

CajunCourier
03-06-19, 21:46
I just got a new Daniel Defense today, and when cleaning it tonight I noticed this black blotch in the chamber area. I can see a little bit over it in the tiny crevice where the barrel extension goes over the barrel. It almost looks like an epoxy or something that's going over the chrome lining. Does this just have to do with the barrel extension, or is there a problem? This is my dream rifle, so I'm hoping it's no big deal. I'm planning on shooting it tomorrow unless this is something wrong and the gun needs to be sent back.

It's hard to tell by the picture, but it's shiny underneath the black like there's chrome lining under there.

https://i.imgur.com/xO58R2E.jpg56287

R.O.U.S.
03-06-19, 22:21
I would wager a guess that it's just something left over from the barrel extension installation. You can try messaging Daniel Defense. Their customer service is pretty responsive.

CPM
03-06-19, 22:27
I wouldn’t worry about it.

CajunCourier
03-06-19, 22:32
I messaged Daniel Defense and am waiting to hear back, but my gut tells me it's nothing. Overall the rifle is everything I'd hoped for. I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.

Coal Dragger
03-06-19, 23:32
Probably nothing to worry about, doesn’t appear to be in the chamber itself. Since the bolt doesn’t bear against or rely on headspace on that area it should give no functional issues.

I would venture a guess that DD may be using some sort of adhesive on the threads of the barrel extension to ensure solid installation.

Iraqgunz
03-06-19, 23:59
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?1497-M4Carbine-net-Mission-Statement

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.