PDA

View Full Version : Lakeside Mfg 22LR upper for FA...

Artos
03-10-19, 14:09
Gang,

Any of you guys own/familiar with these uppers or are there any other companies producing a similar set up?? A buddy came by yesterday to 4473 out a gun he bought & knowing he owned a M16 I asked about a 22lr set up & showed me a vid of his lakeside:

crazy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0s_62jXuk

Any feedback would be appreciated...thanks.

SC-Texas
03-10-19, 17:41
I have one in getting rid of. Never fired it myself they are super cool. A little finicky from what I have read and seen

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SC-Texas
03-10-19, 17:43
And they aren't making any more if I remember correctly

Bret
03-10-19, 22:26
Don't know anything about them, but that's the longest full auto string that I've ever seen in my life.

ccosby
03-10-19, 23:58
My understanding was that they were finicky as well and spare parts are just really not available. I do wish they were still made though.

I personally run a cmmg 4.5 inch 22lr barrel with their bolt group. Run a better mag adapter to use smith and wesson m&p 15-22 mags which I found to work better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdMbo6Cj5U

Not as cool as a 1k round belt but the 50 round drums are fun.

md66948
03-11-19, 05:40
My understanding was that they were finicky as well and spare parts are just really not available. I do wish they were still made though.

I personally run a cmmg 4.5 inch 22lr barrel with their bolt group. Run a better mag adapter to use smith and wesson m&p 15-22 mags which I found to work better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdMbo6Cj5U

Not as cool as a 1k round belt but the 50 round drums are fun.

Ccosby,

Did you buy your ccmg already setup for full auto or did you have to add some FA parts? Many years ago I had the Late Kurt from Kurts Kustoms buld me a 11.5" Upper for my Colt M16. It ran flawlessly but after a few years I had to sell it. Then I purchased a Spikes FA Upper and it would not run at all in FA or Semi. After 3 trips back to Spikes they refunded me my money but I was out all of the shipping costs. I would like to get another dedicated FA 22 LR upper but I am a little weary about getting burnt again.

Dane

ccosby
03-11-19, 11:40
CMMG sells a full auto kit that comes with a sear trip and a metal anti bounce weight/forward assist adapter. The forward assist adapter they sell separate is plastic and will not work in full auto from my experience. I broke a sear trip trying to adjust it a little and later broke one of the anti bounce weights in half during a MG shoot where the gun had 700 rounds of my ammo in full auto with hundreds more of other peoples 22 shot in like 4 hours. I'd have a spare full auto kit on hand for it.

Most of my problems came from using the cmmg mags. If they got touched at all the gun would jam. Using the better mag adapter and the smith and wesson M&P22 mags fixed a lot of my problems.

As far as the upper goes I bought the parts from cmmg. So I ordered the upper receiver, barrel/bcg kit, and the auto trip from them. Got the bcm rail from well bcm and had the spare silencer co spectre 2 can sitting around(along with a spare sbr'd lower which got this started). I did end up buying the gemtech quad lug suppressor mount so I could get the can off. The end cap would break free from the suppressor and not unscrew with it. The gemtech set works well but you have to pull off the can while its still warm, I've gotten it pretty stuck on with high volumes of 22.

Once I got the mag issue figured out the upper pretty much ran fine in both semi and full auto. I've had it around a year or so and the only real issue I can think of was breaking the weight on the back of the carrier. When it broke some random person who had shown up to the event was shooting it. I was laughing with one of the dealers there saying it finally got dirty enough to jam. Went to clear it and realized it broke a part and was down(didn't have a spare with me). Funny thing was we had been joking that the gun with the 22 conversion was one of the most reliable there.

Artos
03-11-19, 21:50
I have one in getting rid of. Never fired it myself they are super cool. A little finicky from what I have read and seen

Good deal...I'll ping you during the week amigo. Need to follow up on our previous conversation anyway.

SC-Texas
03-11-19, 22:55
Good deal...I'll ping you during the week amigo. Need to follow up on our previous conversation anyway.Sent you a pm

Artos
03-12-19, 00:09
Sent you a pm

I'll text you tomorrow...think I'm a slacker & need to dr up my PM's / inbox & not sure it went through back at ya.

Paul

SC-Texas
03-12-19, 00:14
Got it