PDA

View Full Version : ATF are looking for stolen guns - from their own facility

Sam
03-12-19, 20:27
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/justice-department-launches-multi-state-search-for-stolen-firearms/

bad aim
03-12-19, 20:52
Fast and Furious Part II :lol:

I can't. What a joke.

NWPilgrim
03-12-19, 22:19
“ATF officials said there could be more arrests, but don't know how many firearms or firearms parts were stolen.”

That’s a problem. Obviously, they are “the only ones professional enough” to dispose of Glock Fortays. I wondered what the penalty is for a little ole FFL that looses track of “disposed” guns. Seems to me some small manufactures were run out of business when they “lost track” of receivers between forging, milling, finishing.

SteyrAUG
03-13-19, 01:26
“ATF officials said there could be more arrests, but don't know how many firearms or firearms parts were stolen.”

That’s a problem. Obviously, they are “the only ones professional enough” to dispose of Glock Fortays. I wondered what the penalty is for a little ole FFL that looses track of “disposed” guns. Seems to me some small manufactures were run out of business when they “lost track” of receivers between forging, milling, finishing.

I know of at least one who did nothing more than poor record keeping, especially 4473s and it wasn't "willful."

But when ATF came at them they used words like "fraud, illegal manufacturing" and a few other unfounded allegations. And that is all it took for TOS to throw the baby out with the bath water. The owner was facing 10 and 10 and was grateful to take the "plea deal" which of course was all the evidence anyone needed that he was 100% guilty.

Watching that was truly enlightening. The thing he was mostly guilty of was being a FFL in the "gun triangle" and with what would become known as Fast and Furious, they needed to find some guilty parties to share the blame, and they did.

Firefly
03-13-19, 08:24
I sometimes think people get jobs at the ATF to feed their addiction.

docsherm
03-13-19, 08:28
I sometimes think people get jobs at the ATF to feed their addiction.

Does that work?

Firefly
03-13-19, 08:35
Does that work?

It does for the DEA

Hell I know of BP agents who are like lily white and they got themselves a senorita.

I mean it happens man. Same with prisons. A LOT of gay correctional officers.

Not even hating, just stating

ramairthree
03-13-19, 08:39
Well, think of the non firearms grift you could get in on.

The average forum member gets rolled up for some bogus stuff.

The seven guns in his vehicle get logged in.
The uppers, Aimpoints, PEQ, high end glass, etc. dissapear.

Firefly
03-13-19, 08:42
Well, think of the non firearms grift you could get in on.

The average forum member gets rolled up for some bogus stuff.

The seven guns in his vehicle get logged in.
The uppers, Aimpoints, PEQ, high end glass, etc. dissapear.

Some truth here. Optics magically disappear.

But hey, if an ACOG or an aimpoint is worth a felony then “live yo best life” as the kids like to say.

Me, I am good saving my pennies and OT whoring.