PDA

View Full Version : They just don't listen very well

GH41
03-13-19, 09:26
https://www.foxnews.com/us/arkansas-police-officer-fires-at-least-15-times-into-car-while-on-hood-in-deadly-shooting-caught-on-video

Maybe the "Shots Fired" call could have waited until the magazine was empty.

Firefly
03-13-19, 10:17
Welp...,

If he had just gotten out of the car, this would be a lot different.

What is it with these Testosterone poisoned, father-hating young people and wanting to buck against a police officer with their gun drawn?

Like do they think we just won’t kill their asses? That it’ll be like “Well golly gee you sure told me! I guess I better F off then...”

Daily reminder: All you favorite athletes and rappers are in their nice houses screwing their trophy wives and singing profane lies while you eat them +p hollow points.

Bulletdog
03-13-19, 10:48
What is the SOP for this sort of thing? Would the driver's actions be considered assault with a deadly weapon (the car), despite the low speed? He clearly didn't floor it trying to run the officer down and kill him, but he clearly did roll the car into the officer and ignore repeated warnings and commands.

So stupid to die over something like this, but I'll bet the young man's life was full of stupid decisions.

Sam
03-13-19, 11:08
Somewhere toward the end of the video, the police officer yelled that the suspect still had his gun. So maybe the officer fired when the suspect produced the gun.

My friend is an experienced police officer, he said he wouldn't have stood in front of the car.

kerplode
03-13-19, 11:23
My friend is an experienced police officer, he said he wouldn't have stood in front of the car.

Yeah, that's just silly. Who stands in front of a car? I'm just a schmoe from the internet, but I know not to stand in front of cars. I don't stand in front of them, I don't walk between them in parking lots, I look both ways before I cross the street. I mean, I learned that when I was like 3.

I got a good laugh out of this part:
"GET OUT OF THE CAR!!"
"No."

HAHA! What the hell did that guy think was gonna happen. "Well then, OK citizen...Have a nice day." Idiot.

Firefly
03-13-19, 11:43

I am sure your friend at some point has had his “John Wayne moment” where he thought he had the moment and it went sideways.

It happens to everyone. How it turns out varies. Most look back and say “never again”.

Adrenaline + tunnel vision + a little disbelief = that John Wayne moment

At some level, he probably thought his verbals coupled with his gun would surely get ol buddy to comply.

But then again, thuggies have their “I keep it real moment” where ‘the man’ can’t tell him jack shit. Especially with his whore/baby momma/friends about.

Seen it countless times. Usually ends poorly as seen here.

It’s happened to me, I’ll admit.

You gotta be detached. And these days, expect resistance.

I been hit by a car. And dragged. On two separate occasions. I know now how to avoid that. Which is why I no longer MMQB unless someone does something supremely ignorant like shoot a guy in the back and drop a throw down gun with his 4K bodycam going or OC spray a woman holding a baby. ETA Or zap a guy literally crying and pleading for his life with an M4 while giving him confusing and contradictory orders. Either you are cool with him moving towards you are you aren’t but... damn, son. That was 80 ways F’d up

26 Inf
03-13-19, 12:36
Good post Fly.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-13-19, 12:52
This will go to grand jury.

Officer created jeopardy.

titsonritz
03-13-19, 13:03
Should have blocked in the stolen car with the cruiser before getting out.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-13-19, 13:09
Should have blocked in the stolen car with the cruiser before getting out.

Not necessarily, that depends on Policy/Procedure and SOP. We dont block stolen cars, we set up high-risk stops behind it.

lowprone
03-13-19, 14:43
Play stupid games, ect, etc, ect .

Vandal
03-13-19, 15:00
This will go to grand jury.

Officer created jeopardy.

This has been the general consensus of other cops I've been talking to. This has been hashed out over and over with cops shooting at moving vehicles, you can't put yourself in jeopardy. The technical term is "Officer Created Jeopardy" and basically it says you can't put yourself in needless danger, then using lethal force to get out of it. In this video, the officer had a lot of room left and right, but he chose to stand directly in front of the car. Starks has already been relieved of duty for the investigation, badge and gun turned in.

He also didn't know the driver had a firearm until after the shooting when the female (side-piece, baby-mama, whatever) told officers when she was being detained.

Now, all of this could have been avoided had homie complied and done what he was fvckin' told. A lot of uses of force could be avoided by people doing what they were told.

ETA: I wasn't trying to educate LSHD who already knows this, but the others not familiar with the term.

titsonritz
03-13-19, 16:36
Not necessarily, that depends on Policy/Procedure and SOP. We dont block stolen cars, we set up high-risk stops behind it.

But the vehicle in question was in a parking lot with a building behind the rig not on the road, wouldn't that make a difference? In full disclosure I'm not a LEO, it just seems to me blocking him in would have prevented soon to dead perp from ending up with a lead throwing blue hood ornament.

SteyrAUG
03-13-19, 17:39
Daily reminder: All you favorite athletes and rappers are in their nice houses screwing their trophy wives and singing profane lies while you eat them +p hollow points.

Worth remembering. But if your average "yute" understood that, they could understand a lot of other things.

NWPilgrim
03-13-19, 17:47
Grand jury seems strange from a citizen perspective. If I was driving and another citizen was arguing with me and kind of got in front of my car and I kept driving into him, I am pretty sure I would be arrested for assault. Why is this different when the person on foot is a police officer?

Put me on the damn jury! I have no sympathy for the driver. A car can kill or maim a squishy bag of blood at 3mph.

Jsp10477
03-13-19, 21:47
Welp...,

If he had just gotten out of the car, this would be a lot different.

What is it with these Testosterone poisoned, father-hating young people and wanting to buck against a police officer with their gun drawn?

Like do they think we just won’t kill their asses? That it’ll be like “Well golly gee you sure told me! I guess I better F off then...”

Obviously y’all are getting the word out. 3 officer involved shootings in metro Atlanta in 24 hours. Hopefully the officers aren’t roided up, tactical timmy’s, on their 3rd divorce, burnt out from those $50 an hour side jobs sitting in work zones, and they made good shoots. Keep feeding them those +p hollow points, you’re winning over the public.

You’re right though, he should have complied. The only way to fight the cops and win is in a court room with a good lawyer.

SteyrAUG
03-14-19, 03:34
Grand jury seems strange from a citizen perspective. If I was driving and another citizen was arguing with me and kind of got in front of my car and I kept driving into him, I am pretty sure I would be arrested for assault. Why is this different when the person on foot is a police officer?

Put me on the damn jury! I have no sympathy for the driver. A car can kill or maim a squishy bag of blood at 3mph.

Now you got me thinking the other way. If I'm in a parking lot and some unknown quantity is blocking my way, we could get into lethal force threshold pretty quickly depending upon how badly he wanted to press it. It would be reasonable for me to assume car jacking, kidnapping for ATM heist or whatever.

Of course a police officer SHOULD have been a different story. Just like with the impaired female you brought home, STOP means STOP. I get the policy of agencies not wanting officers to insert themselves into dangerous situations that don't need to happen right now, but I'll take that over officers who do nothing and step back thinking "not my problem."

But it's hard to have proactive policing without them overstepping the boundaries. With the legal and social considerations at work, it's very catch 22 and only getting worse and it's hard to divine if social conventions are going to declare you a hero cop who saved the say or a murderer with a badge.

I have to go watch Adam 12 now so I can remember what it was supposed to be like.

horseman234
03-14-19, 07:14
Here is an article detailing the past of the "poor misunderstood" guy the officer shot, and whose family now suing for millions.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/feb/26/driver-fatally-shot-by-lr-police-awaite/

And here is a video of the little angel in the vehicle with the victim. I can't locate the one she made a little after the incident where she describes what happened:

https://www.facebook.com/desaray.clarke.1/videos/103542743806990/

I've been in that same parking lot many times. There is a Discount Tire one building away.

Straight Shooter
03-14-19, 09:10
Here is an article detailing the past of the "poor misunderstood" guy the officer shot, and whose family now suing for millions.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2019/feb/26/driver-fatally-shot-by-lr-police-awaite/

And here is a video of the little angel in the vehicle with the victim. I can't locate the one she made a little after the incident where she describes what happened:

https://www.facebook.com/desaray.clarke.1/videos/103542743806990/

I've been in that same parking lot many times. There is a Discount Tire one building away.

These...zombies..live in an alternate reality. That "chick"? is a brain dead illiterate monkey and Im sure ole boy was too.
I DONT CARE if the cop "put himself in harms way"..if I were on the jury..NOT GUILTY. these people are animals and need be treated as such.

LoboTBL
03-14-19, 11:09
These...zombies..live in an alternate reality. That "chick"? is a brain dead illiterate monkey and Im sure ole boy was too.
I DONT CARE if the cop "put himself in harms way"..if I were on the jury..NOT GUILTY. these people are animals and need be treated as such.

You're exactly the type of person I'd like to see sitting on a grand jury. Especially here in Houston considering the "hug a thug" DA we're stuck with.

GH41
03-14-19, 14:16
I don't understand why these people are still on the street. Here is one local to me from a few days ago. I am not smart enough to post a screenshot so I copied and pasted here. Under what circumstances should this guy have been released on his own recognisance? Saturday Morning Traffic Stop in Bluffton

At approximately 2:20 a.m. on Saturday, a Sheriff’s Office patrol deputy conducted a traffic stop on a Toyota Avalon on Fording Island Road in Bluffton. During the traffic stop, the driver, who would later be identified as 25-year-old Tyler Wimbush, provided a false name to the deputy. Following up on Wimbush’s suspicious behavior, K-9 Niko was deployed to sniff the Avalon for illegal drugs. Niko alerted on the Avalon, which indicated illegal drugs were inside. As a result, the Avalon was searched and distribution weights of cocaine and crack cocaine were found. During the search of the Avalon, deputies also found a loaded handgun under the driver's seat. In addition to the drugs found in the vehicle, Wimbush had a small amount of marijuana on his person. Wimbush was arrested and charged with Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine, Possession with Intent to Distribute Crack Cocaine, Unlawful carrying of a Handgun, Providing False Information to Law Enforcement a nd Simple Possession of Marijuana. Wimbush was transported to the Beaufort County Detention Center and incarcerated. Following Wimbush’s bond hearing on Saturday morning, he was released from the Detention Center on his own recognizance.

SteyrAUG
03-14-19, 15:06

Feral humans is the word I think you are searching for.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-14-19, 20:43
Grand jury seems strange from a citizen perspective.

Why? Citizens, who are also the police, are routinely subject to grand juries every day.

If I was driving and another citizen was arguing with me and kind of got in front of my car and I kept driving into him, I am pretty sure I would be arrested for assault. Why is this different when the person on foot is a police officer?

Because the officer is trusted to make GOOD choices. He made very bad ones.

A car can most certainly be used as a deadly weapon. I have no sympathy for the driver either.

BUT...

If I have to shoot someone because my partner jumped in front of their car and went hood surfing, I will never forgive that partner, nor will I let their actions slide by without appropriate justice.

We have an extremely dangerous job already, one of the few in the world where people seek to murder you everyday because of your job title. Don't make it harder by TRYING to get murdered. It ruins public trust, which is already very damaged.

I am not a perfect cop, and have even jumped in front of cars too, but I try not to repeat rookie mistakes this late into my career.