PDA

View Full Version : Centurion CMR mlok OEM ?

gamc
03-13-19, 18:44
I just bought a Centurion OEM rail from a guy that stripped down a Colt CCU
Does anybody have a install sheet on Centurion mlok rails
Second other than swivel points what if any are the differences between the OEM and the ones Monty sells
Thx

grizzman
03-13-19, 19:22
The Colt 6920 that uses the OEM rail is the Trooper (-R), as far as I know, the 6960 (CCU) uses the standard CMR rail.

In addition to the lack of QD sling sockets, the OEM model only has two installation bolts, while the retail version uses three.
The retail rail has circular cooling holes in the vertical surface by the upper picatinny rail, that extend onto the upper side sections with circular holes. The additional holes in the retail rail are positioned in between the other holes.
The rear section at the QD sling socket area are shaped differently, with the OEM rail having a rectangular flat surface, while the retail version does not.
The retail version has an Anti-Rotation/Anti-Deformation insert at the rear that interfaces with the upper receiver. The OEM version lacks this insert.

I will scan the installation instructions and send them to you in a PM.

JediGuy
03-13-19, 19:41
As noted above, I’m not sure which handguard you are saying you have. The CCU has the CMR M-LOK 13”, while the Trooper has the OEM M-LOK 13”. I have an OEM I purchased via a group buy. If you clarify what you have and g-man’s instructions are not what you need, I can scan the OEM instructions.

grizzman
03-13-19, 19:43
.....and FYI, this thread was created in the custom build section, which isn't a spot for this type of question. Feel free to outline the full details of your custom build....if it's a custom build.