PDA

View Full Version : New BCM Gunfighter stock

Biggy
03-14-19, 19:49
I wonder when they will release this stock to buy seperately ? Answer, when they are ready to. Taran Butler has a quick review of it below.

http://shop.bravocompanymfg.com/BCM-RECCE-16-KMR-A-Precision-Rifle-AR15-p/bcm-carbine-752-790.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0r2qYOCMhw

jpmuscle
03-14-19, 20:12
Swing and a miss BCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
03-14-19, 20:16
No thanks. CTR still works. Good effort though

RHINOWSO
03-14-19, 21:10
It was only a matter of time before BCM supplied the hoarders with a compartment to store stuff.

I'll stick with their previous versions, but good on them for expanding.

rebelram
03-14-19, 21:40
I bought one of the first BCM stocks when they first came out. It's good, but there are better options on the market. Magpul has a stock for just about every preference out there. And the B5 Bravo or Sopmod are hard to beat! I am a big fan of most things BCM makes, but their stocks just isn't something I'm impressed with.

Renegade0100
03-15-19, 12:10
While I'm a fan of innovation and expansive product lines... I feel like the AR market has enough stocks. There's only so much you can do before it's just redundant. I'm sure the stock is of quality, but I don't see the point of it.

0uTkAsT
03-15-19, 12:16
I like it. Not enough to replace an existing Gunfighter stock with it, but enough that I'd use one on a future build. I like being able to keep a couple extra batteries, lube and a Boresnake on the rifle.

alx01
03-15-19, 12:27
While I'm a fan of innovation and expansive product lines... I feel like the AR market has enough stocks. There's only so much you can do before it's just redundant. I'm sure the stock is of quality, but I don't see the point of it.

+1 Exactly my feeling. Nothing wrong with the stock, but market is oversaturated. I guess this is where the money is now... Original BCM Gunfighter stock still works fine as well.

I would rather see BCM release the basic LPK without a trigger&grip rather than iterate on minor accessories updates.

RHINOWSO
03-15-19, 13:53
The point of the stock is to make BCM money.

There are ppl who like BCM stuff but likely want features that are not available from their other stocks.

So BCM made one with those features to sell and make money.

It's not rocket science, but so many 'gun people' forget or fail to understand that the firearm industries main purpose (and a requirement for it to survive) is to sell $hit.

Not to mention ROI on polymer stuff is pretty high compared to metal.

It's just business folks.

markm
03-15-19, 13:55

That's Magpul's fault. Their stock line is ridiculous. Can't fault BCM for having 3 or 4 Flavors when Magpul has 87 models.

Headache
03-15-19, 13:58
I really like BCM, and I know their stocks are good. But I have never liked them. So, I'll pass.

This simply looks like they are expanding on the "one-stop-shop" business model, they are big enough that they can do this successfully. As pointed out, this stock is nothing new to the market, sometimes companies will develop and sell stuff that matches what others have to offer just so that people looking for that kind of thing will buy it when they are in their store. There will be a lot of people who love this stock, but I bet a good portion of the sales will be guys putting it in their cart while buying other parts just to save on shipping.

RHINOWSO
03-15-19, 14:04
Can't fault BCM for having 3 or 4 Flavors when Magpul has 87 models.
Each of them in 5 colors.... ;)

VIP3R 237
03-15-19, 14:25
Hmm gives me a 416 stock feel. Id like to see one in person before I form an opinion.

LMT/556
03-15-19, 15:22
If you watched their stock development video, BCM stocks were designed with light weight and strength in mind, strength to mortar the rifle/charging handle to clear a life threatening jamb without breaking for their realized or perceived two-way range customers. I have one original that came stock on one of their lowers, my impression is meh but it's better than the loose B5 Bravo sitting in a box, my preference being B5's SOPMOD hands down except when shooting from a rear rabbit-ear sandbag. As always YMMV...

Dozer
03-15-19, 16:00
That's Magpul's fault. Their stock line is ridiculous. Can't fault BCM for having 3 or 4 Flavors when Magpul has 87 models.

"Damn you Magpul and your *shuffles deck, pulls card* too many options."

masenomics
03-15-19, 17:37
Didn't they make the gunfighter stocks modular? Wonder if it will just be offered as a piece that can be swapped if you already have a gunfighter stock?
I have a BCM stock it's hard to adjust lop, it wobbles,and catches beard hair but it's lightweight and works.
I'm odd I like BCM grips but magpul stocks.

LMT/556
03-15-19, 18:15
Question Dozer. Why is a PRS GEN3 A2 length fully collapsed? That made zero sense to me...

jsbhike
03-15-19, 21:07
Didn't they make the gunfighter stocks modular? Wonder if it will just be offered as a piece that can be swapped if you already have a gunfighter stock?
I have a BCM stock it's hard to adjust lop, it wobbles,and catches beard hair but it's lightweight and works.

"Simple modular design. 5 parts, and 1 screw allow for modular adaption of future stock options and configurations."

So who knows?

I got one of the early ones and it was very loose. Since then I have handled one on a Saint that was tight and bought another in the last few months that is very tight also.

Nightstalker865
03-15-19, 21:16
Swing and a miss BCM

I agree.

TomPenguin5145
03-15-19, 22:03
...market is oversaturated.

Honestly, how nice is it to be able to say that. :-) There are so many options out there it's a great thing. :-)

TMS951
03-15-19, 23:02
That’s going to be a no for me.

After trying all sorts, tominclude bcm, I just like a magpul CTR or B5 sopmod.

I do rally like the mid 3 bcm pistol grips though. Stunt vertical grip as well.

DoubleW
03-16-19, 09:20
Ewww! That thing is fugly

MWAG19919
03-16-19, 11:15

They call them modular, but AFAIK you can't buy parts to convert a Gunfighter Mod 0 to a SOPMOD or vice versa. So, 'modular' is basically marketing jargon...

Swstock
03-16-19, 15:06

Lol. This is awesome.

MorphCross
03-16-19, 16:14
Just a few observations based on appearance with no handling experience it looks like a competitor for the Magpul ACS-L or the Vltor EMOD. The extended horizontal toe would make it settle in to a rear bag better than pointed toe stocks while the SOPMOD cheekweld would appeal to prone shooting.

I can see this fulfilling a desire in the market.

Stickman
03-16-19, 16:16
Just a few observations based on appearance with no handling experience it looks like a competitor for the Magpul ACS-L or the Vltor EMOD. The extended horizontal toe would make it settle in to a rear bag better than pointed toe stocks while the SOPMOD cheekweld would appeal to prone shooting.

I think a lot of people miss this point. If this works for a guy who does room clearing all day with a SBR, that is great, but the functional design is as you stated.

prepare
03-16-19, 16:50
Looks like that video is a couple years old. Maybe that stock was a no go...

Outlander Systems
03-16-19, 17:20
Well stated. I’m interested in trying one if they release it as a stand-alone product.

Stickman
03-16-19, 18:23
https://66.media.tumblr.com/bc8f38b586ce332499f8e6a325c75ebb/tumblr_poh99kA8Hs1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

Hank6046
03-18-19, 22:53
VLTOR Scar stock and the Bcm had a kid. What was wrong with the stocks that they already produced... maybe because you can put a bag under this I'm guessing. I don't know if I see a need for this, kind of like DD doing furniture, focus on QC and keeping Marty's mouth shut...I digress

bobbytucson
03-18-19, 23:13
i like it. it should have enough room in it to house batteries and bolts, the only things that would fail. i always keep a spare bolt in my pistol grip.

gamewarden
03-19-19, 20:09
TTI has been selling rifles with them for awhile...
https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tr-1-ultralight-ca-fixed-10-round-magazine/

alx01
03-21-19, 23:26
now this is an interesting new stock from B5: http://soldiersystems.net/2019/03/21/b5-systems-debuts-new-precision-stock-at-usasoc-sniper-competition/

hk_shootr
03-22-19, 00:55
For me, the LWRC compact stock is perfection. I don’t need a place to store a ham sammich in my carbine

ginzomatic
03-22-19, 08:11
I'm sure it will be a good product but it doesn't really blow my skirt up

Outlander Systems
03-22-19, 09:07
What’s the word on these being sold standalone?

Mike Miller
07-09-19, 11:33
https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMGUNFIGHTER-Stock-Mod-1-SOPMOD-Compartment-Black-p/bcm-gfs-mod-1-spmd-blk.htm

These are out now. The website just says "Longer overall length", but no actual dimensions.

I tried emailing BCM 8 or 9 days ago, but never got a response. Anyone know how long these are?

drtywk
07-09-19, 13:42
They are long enough to fully close on an A5 receiver extension.

morpheus562
07-09-19, 21:33
I contacted BCM and the rep started the compartment stock is 7 1/4 inches long and the BCM sopmod stock is 6 3/4 inches long.

Disciple
07-03-21, 12:53

That is attracting me to this stock. I don't see why this was disparaged before it was released. Any new opinions formed from experience?

dan1612
07-26-21, 23:16
I’ve had mine for a while on work gun. Love the cheekweld and the fact that it fully collapses on an A2 tube.

AndyLate
07-27-21, 02:16
I’ve had mine for a while on work gun. Love the cheekweld and the fact that it fully collapses on an A2 tube.

A2 or A5 tube?

dan1612
07-27-21, 05:23
A2 or A5 tube?

I meant A5. Thank you.

RichardLips
07-29-21, 00:38
These are great stocks. I used to own one. I just love my B5 bravo's so damn much.

Disciple
07-29-21, 20:29
What do you prefer about the B5?

RichardLips
07-29-21, 20:50
What do you prefer about the B5?

I think it's just the simplicity of them. The cheek weld and angle they produce fits me like a glove. The buttpad has that tacky, rubbery grip that grabs onto your clothing. Plus it's affordable.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-02-21, 20:25
Anyone know the weight of this thing?

Disciple
08-02-21, 21:06
Anyone know the weight of this thing?

310 grams.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-02-21, 21:18
310 grams.
Thanks!
Guess I'll stick with my Mod 0.
Anyone know of any other lightweight stock that fully collapses on an A5? Besides the Magpul SL.

Disciple
08-02-21, 21:32
What does the Mod 0 weigh?

dan1612
08-02-21, 21:53
Thanks!
Guess I'll stick with my Mod 0.
Anyone know of any other lightweight stock that fully collapses on an A5? Besides the Magpul SL.

ACS does, but it’s not lightweight either.
Not sure about ACS-L.

ARgrand
08-03-21, 03:59
I had a BCM stock break on me. The latch had no spring tension and the whole stock would slide up and down the buffer tube freely. IDK what I did to break it, but I contacted BCM and they gave me a new one. About 2 years have gone by with no issues with the replacement. I even bought another one. The BCM is still one of my favorite stocks.

KITTEN_FRENZY
08-03-21, 04:43
What does the Mod 0 weigh?

Mine reads 8.4 oz on my food scale. Mrgunsandgear weighed his in a review vid and his weighed 7.8 oz. Not sure if they increased the weight or something.