PDA

View Full Version : Netflix’ film “Triple Frontier”

JediGuy
03-15-19, 23:41
I enjoyed this one. Not an award winner, but a solid movie that reminded me strongly of the 1960’s westerns that I grew up on. Plenty of AR visuals, too. It did drag just a bit at moments, but overall, worth the time to watch.

MountainRaven
03-15-19, 23:43
I watched it Wednesday evening.

I enjoyed the gun play, but found it boring and otherwise not particularly good. Definitely harps on the vets-as-victims thing a little hard.

Arik
03-16-19, 08:39
Saw it last night. It was ok but by the time they were just on foot I was loosing interest and pretty much forced myself to finish watching.

Averageman
03-16-19, 09:00
The whole idea of getting away with it was lost to the greed and weight of so much money.
It's an old story, just written for a modern age.

jpmuscle
03-16-19, 12:03
I started watching it last night. Got about half way through and called it.

It was meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renegade
03-16-19, 12:18
The whole idea of getting away with it was lost to the greed and weight of so much money.
It's an old story, just written for a modern age.

Basically a remake of 1981 "High Risk".

I found the chase to freedom (which was best part of High Risk) to be drawn out and and basically boring. For high speed operators, their skills basically sucked outside the house. The setup for a sequel was predictable.

ggammell
03-16-19, 21:21
Pretty average.

contax_shooter
03-17-19, 07:36
I'm holding off until Will Brink makes a review on it.

Outlander Systems
03-17-19, 07:36
I can’t wait for that paragraph lmfao

I'm holding off until Will Brink makes a review on it.

Firefly
03-17-19, 08:03
It’s like a really awkward multiplayer match of Wildlands and it left me angry and disappointed.

Trannies and SR16s would have given it a pity watch.

Averageman
03-17-19, 09:09
It's major redeeming factor is that Ben took one to the bean.

Nowski87
03-17-19, 10:04
This was a really weak movie, granted I wasn’t expecting much but this movie was wack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ramairthree
03-17-19, 10:27
It was weird.

Guys wrongs ages for ranks, etc.
Walking around no security, guns slung weird.
Who was their mil advisor, that Corey guy that ended up having no service?

And, frankly, in real life there are a shit ton of fuk ups sucking at life claiming their former Ranger Bn, sf, operator service.
You know how many guys like that for real I see sucking at life being a fuk up? Instead of totally crushing it and kicking ass, virtually none.

jpmuscle
03-17-19, 10:30
Love Death and Robots is multitudes time better than this dumpster fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mack7.62
03-17-19, 11:41

I found the chase to freedom (which was best part of High Risk) to be drawn out and and basically boring. For high speed operators, their skills basically sucked outside the house. The setup for a sequel was predictable.

High Risk was a pretty crappy movie but I always liked the air strip pick up scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O79pJzCDo8

Renegade
03-17-19, 11:52
High Risk was a pretty crappy movie but I always liked the air strip pick up scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O79pJzCDo8

Yep, that is one my all-time favorite scenes. Great cast, M60s, Jeeps, music. My Avatar is the pilot at 50 sec as he yells Here We Come and launches into Satisfaction.

Ned Christiansen
03-17-19, 12:03
Is it just me or did one character get through the whole movie and multiple shooting scenes with a GG&G cover on his EoTech flipped down?

Believe it or not if I'm right about that I would still put the gunplay at the "OK-plus" level, better than many, not perfect perhaps but I see an effort was made.

Incredible scenery shots from anywhere, I dig. This had some good ones. One of my all time faves is Proof of Life. Gunplay was as flawless as a movie gets (Thell Reed by God), scenery fantastic (worth it just for the scenery behind the closing credits).

docsherm
03-17-19, 12:35

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the preview.

Hank6046
03-17-19, 13:47
I enjoyed the gun play, but found it boring and otherwise not particularly good. Definitely harps on the vets-as-victims thing a little hard.

My thoughts exactly. It also bothered me that they lost their discipline during stealing the cash, I was a super POG when I was in, but the film lost any sense of realism after that point.

_Stormin_
03-17-19, 14:54
Yeah, this one was pretty much crap. I'm quite curious if they're going to bother making a sequel, but it is Netflix. They THROW money at content production, and they can't all be hits.

MountainRaven
03-17-19, 15:02
My thoughts exactly. It also bothered me that they lost their discipline during stealing the cash, I was a super POG when I was in, but the film lost any sense of realism after that point.

I did find it frustrating that they didn't seem to have any contingency plans. And given that they each ended up with just a backpack of cash, it's probably what they should have taken in the first place... and then they wouldn't have crashed the Hip and Batfleck wouldn't have been whacked and a bunch of Andean villagers wouldn't be dead.

Of course, there wouldn't have been much of a movie, at that point. It would have to have been like Ocean's 11, with guns.

And now that I say it, I think that would have been a much more interesting movie.

_Stormin_
03-17-19, 15:31
It would have to have been like Ocean's 11, with guns.

And now that I say it, I think that would have been a much more interesting movie.
And that I would be happy to see.

Firefly
03-23-19, 18:31
Yep robots or rewatch BHD.

Hell Apocalypse Now is on.

This movie was literally Wildlands with stupid people. lame.

But the premise was interesting. We need characters we care about. Not brokedick mopes.

We needed trannies, we needed SR-16s, we needed tiger stripes. The soundtrack was try hard. like music they think white people care about.

We needed The Midnight, Kesha, Ellie Goulding, Tupac, Meek Mill, and some Kavinsky.

We needed one liners. We needed guys getting into heated debates over the master races of candy and cars. We needed breasteses.

Watch The Last Runway. OMG that movie was awesome. Its subtitled on Netflix but if you know spanish it is so funny and fun to watch. The ballbusting, the shootouts, even that weird, homosexual marpat camo ripoff they use down there.

That was a fun movie

B52U
03-23-19, 18:38
The best parts of the film were the classic Metallica songs at the beginning and end. Orion is a great instrumental.

Inkslinger
03-23-19, 19:55
They’re doing a sequel in Haiti. Same plot except they all get nabbed at a checkpoint.

B52U
03-23-19, 19:57
They’re doing a sequel in Haiti. Same plot except they all get nabbed at a checkpoint.Haha good one!!