PDA

View Full Version : Recent Botach experience. Do not do business.

JulyAZ
03-18-19, 21:27
I had heard multiple bad things of this company but decided to roll the dice, well now add me to the “Never again” column.

Recently Botach had one of the Add your cart to see sale price on the Eotech EXPS 3-0 shown as In-Stock. When added it listed the price as $396.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190319/e8ebc5db4c84f9591af9470eed65974b.jpg

Well knowing that the deal was too good to be true, I purchased 2, but I completed the transaction through PayPal as a precaution, so if I need to dispute it, it could easily be done.

I waited and it still hadn’t shipped, yet when I checked the order status it simply read as “Ready”. With no indication of what “ready” meant. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190319/45d49e5ca6dd5d7e2bece217617bcc87.jpg

So I decided to call, I spoke to a rather rude woman, asking why it hadn’t shipped, they said they were waiting on the arrive on the stock...it was on backorder and they never made anyone aware.

So then about an hour ago I received an email that they cancelled the order, as well did a few others I know that had purchased. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190319/37a6836ee8fcdca4e62dec93b26612bd.jpg

Needless to say we are all really aggravated with this situation. I sent an email in response but I doubt I’ll hear anything in return. The best I can get out of this situation is to help you all avoid dealing with them.

My response:
“So you aren’t going to honor the price you put on the site, advertised as a Special, and then cancel everyone’s order? The unprofessional, and extremely disheartening. As you say, you hope to earn my business in the future but why should I trust you at all when you don’t honor your word?

If you make the mistake you should own it, and conduct yourself in the best interest of your customers, in this case? Own it, and deliver the goods that were promised. Otherwise, if you alienate all your customers, what would you have left? I assure you, after this experience I will never again look to your site again.”

I’ve purchased at least 7 Aimpoints from Grant, without a single issue, or hiccup. Keep you money with reputable source, and someone you can trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SteyrAUG
03-18-19, 22:06
Very common "not in stock" bait and switch price. Add Bud's Guns and a thousand other online places that would need warehouses the size of Amazon if they really had all that stuff in stock and ready to ship.

Most common practice is "below dealer" prices on a hot item, then you grab three or four other things since you are paying shipping anyway, they then backorder the item you want and ship you all the other crap that you didn't necessarily want. Then if / when they ever get the item you actually wanted in stock, there will be a price change.

They have been following this business model for 15 years and people have been warning others about these places for 15 years but that "too good to be true" price will keep getting other to roll the dice anyway. And there will be 20 people who will come along to talk about "I ordered a pair of gloves or a butt warmer from that company and it shipped fast with no problems" and will make it seem like "it could work" if you just get them on a good day.

They don't give a damn about your emails, they will cancel your order if you call to complain (not that you were ever gonna get it at that price anyway) and they certainly don't give a damn about "customer experience" posts on the internet.

Go search Botach on Glocktalk and you will probably get 100 pages of hits.

Alex V
03-19-19, 06:37
I thought this was common knowledge about Botach? Having read countless posts like this I don't even look at their site.

ggammell
03-19-19, 07:02
If they list an actual quantity in stock you won’t have a problem. If they list in stock with no quantity, good luck.

Breacher 217
03-19-19, 07:28
I’m impressed you got somebody to answer the phone...

contax_shooter
03-19-19, 07:37
I placed an order on 03/06/19 and received shipping notification on the same day.

GH41
03-19-19, 07:49
At least they owned up to the mistake and politely apologized. Not so sure they owe you anymore than that as you were not charged.

Hmac
03-19-19, 08:18
LOL. When you order from Botach (or Optics Planet, for that matter)...you first should ask yourself the question..."do I feel lucky today?"

Double3
03-19-19, 08:52
Well knowing that the deal was too good to be true, I purchased 2, but I completed the transaction through PayPal as a precaution, so if I need to dispute it, it could easily be done.

You really shouldn't be so worked up.

ramairthree
03-19-19, 10:14
The place is ran with a weird mix of a caricature of greedy Jew, cheap Indian giver Scot, horse trading Welshman, bundled with the customer service of the soup Nazi and disdain for their Amercian customers typically reserved by the French.

I have beeen F’d over very bad by them.
To the point of several months later having the credit card company just to get funds back for the 16 inch regular Carbine I got from them- instead of my SBR. Think about that.

Firefly
03-19-19, 10:55
I ordered one thing from them entirely by accident. I got it through Amazon and didnt know it was them. I got my stuff but yeah I avoid.

I also thought it was Bo-TACK Like some tactical practical swat crap.

No it was Bo-TASH which makes me think oily skinned Turk who sells opium and catamites to seedy Arab princes

26 Inf
03-19-19, 11:55
I've bought several miscellaneous items from BOTACH, and OpticsPlanet for that matter, with no problems, doesn't mean I'd necessarily trust them on something costly/important.

They are kind of order and forget for me. One of the companies that when the package shows up at the front door, I have to ask myself, 'what did I order from them?'

If it is something that I'm waiting to get with such anticipation that I'm bouncing on the edge of my chair like a hungry toddler, I order from someplace else.

The first item I ordered from BOTACH, must have been at least 6 or 7 years ago, was a reaction rod for $35.00. Very happy camper for that price.

OldState
03-19-19, 12:49
I’ve ordered M&P mags and a set of Comtac IIIs. Without issue. I was advised long ago to call and check inventory before ordering

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-19-19, 14:03
I thought, in this circle at least, Botach and Optics Planet were off limits due to all of the similar, but much worse, horror stories?

Furbyballer
03-19-19, 14:15
Only thing I order from botach is large quantities of mags when they are on sale. I treat those purchases like NFA items. Its nice when they eventually show up, and so far they have all shown up at some point or another. I do not use them for any substantial purchases.

markm
03-19-19, 15:00
I thought this was common knowledge about Botach? Having read countless posts like this I don't even look at their site.

For sure. The better the price, the less likely you are to actually get the item.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-19-19, 15:54
After years of hearing similar stories I have avoided purchasing anything from them.

Diamondback
03-19-19, 20:44
I have no experience of my own with Botach/Kley-Zion/whatever other threads in that tangled web, but based on the long line of horror stories, if they're the last gun shop on earth and it's either them or homebrew... well, call up the blueprints on the laptop and hand me my cordless drill.

Learn from OTHERS' mistakes, right? :)

Adrenaline_6
03-20-19, 09:19
Never ordered from them. Got there emails though. I just unsubscribed. Not worth the hassle.

Straight Shooter
03-20-19, 10:00
Bought MANY things from them myself, never had an iota of a problem. If I went down the list of all the sites we have been told to avoid here, I wouldnt know where the hell to shop at. Someone just said Optics Planet was to be avoided...ordered much from them too, no problems.
If they cancelled your order and did not charge you for it...well yes, Id be disappointed but I wouldnt call it a rip off.

mack7.62
03-20-19, 10:21
I've bought several miscellaneous items from BOTACH, and OpticsPlanet for that matter, with no problems, doesn't mean I'd necessarily trust them on something costly/important.

They are kind of order and forget for me. One of the companies that when the package shows up at the front door, I have to ask myself, 'what did I order from them?'

If it is something that I'm waiting to get with such anticipation that I'm bouncing on the edge of my chair like a hungry toddler, I order from someplace else.

The first item I ordered from BOTACH, must have been at least 6 or 7 years ago, was a reaction rod for $35.00. Very happy camper for that price.

This^^^

In my experience they always come through, might be months later but I always got what I ordered and some smokin' deals. If you need it right now then unless it is shown as in stock with a quantity listed then I would look somewhere else. I got some great prices on 3M eye pro sets, tactical googles and hand pro off their fleabay site.