PDA

View Full Version : Adding to the quiver

GIFFMANN
11-07-08, 21:45
Well, earlier today, my 4th son was born. Unfortunately, this is a about 9 weeks sooner than he should have been. My wife has been layed up with Pre Eclampsia for the entire week here at the hospital and her health issues finally trumped the prematurity, so the family has grown by 1.

So far, both mom and baby are doing well. Logan is 3 lbs. 13 oz and 17 inches long. Really not bad for his gestational age. He also seems to be doing quite well in the lungs as he is overbreathing the ventilator by about twice it's rate and is on room air with no O2 boost.

Figure he'll be in the NICU for 5 to 7 weeks. With any luck, we'll be able to hold him in the next week or so.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/giffmann/DSCN0134-1.jpg

FLGator
11-07-08, 21:58
I thought that this was going to be another "bought a new gun post." Glad to see someone knows the biblical meaning of adding to the quiver. Congratulations!

Gunrider
11-07-08, 22:01
My son was born just over eight weeks premature -- just under 4 pounds -- and now he is 18 years old, six feet tall and 220 pounds of future Olympic Discus champion. Your son will catch up, because he knows you love him.

GIFFMANN
11-07-08, 22:06
My son was born just over eight weeks premature -- just under 4 pounds -- and now he is 18 years old, six feet tall and 220 pounds of future Olympic Discus champion. Your son will catch up, because he knows you love him.

My twins were born 7.5 weeks early and spent a little over 2 weeks in the NICU. They are now healthy, growing 10 year olds, so I definitely know how quickly they can turn around, but, I tell you, I hate having to go through this again!

Thank you for the encouragement!!

Giff

Cohibra45
11-07-08, 22:18
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing much more to say than tremendous wishes!!!!!:D:D:D

Wayne Dobbs
11-07-08, 22:46
Giff,

I went through this with my daughter 22 years ago and know the fear and frustration that accompanies this. She's now 5'10" and beautiful and a new social worker for our TX DHS!

Hang in brother, a higher and much smarter Power than us is in control! Congratulations on the new son!

Ed L.
11-07-08, 22:56
Congrats!

A beautiful baby.

sjc3081
11-08-08, 06:43
May God Bless you.

Submariner
11-08-08, 08:35
Psalm 127

1Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

2It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

RyanS
11-08-08, 08:47
Congratulations! Prayers sent for you, your family, and Logan.

sixboysdad
11-08-08, 09:45
May God Bless you.

I think He already has, but here's praying that little Logan will be in your arms soon.

Honu
11-08-08, 12:29
congrats :)

khc3
11-08-08, 13:17
4 boys?! Awesome, I bet your life's never dull!

Congrats and prayers that everything goes the way it should.