PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition accountability act

ZDL
11-07-08, 23:02
http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/

http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation/Ammo%20Accountability%20-%20Sample%20Legislation.pdf

bullseye
11-08-08, 06:48
this is the second pile of horse shit i've seen this morning, walked past a pile on way to get my paper.

RogerinTPA
11-08-08, 08:46
Absolutely complete shit.

LawDog
11-08-08, 10:04
When are these people gonna realize that criminals do not go to gun stores to buy their guns and ammo....Nevermind.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-08, 10:35
"pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality"

Did we pass a law to go to the moon?

Uhm, pull the bullet, scratch-scratch, reseat bullet. Duh.

Iraqgunz
11-08-08, 12:27
If anyone thinks it can't happen look at the firearms microstamping law in Kalifornia. I believe that it goes into effect in 2010. There is also pending legislation that will severly impact ammuntion sales as well.

ddemis
11-08-08, 12:55
We should never give another inch to these NAZIS. Write your state reps. and local law makers. Together, we can stop this. D.C. vs Heller proved that.

Dave L.
11-08-08, 13:26
Don't these worthless pieces of shit have better things to do?

Dave L.
11-08-08, 13:35
Let the hate-mail begin:

ACT@ammunitionaccountability.com

rightwingmaniac
11-08-08, 14:35
Let the hate-mail begin:

ACT@ammunitionaccountability.com

yeah, let these dirtbags hear it. i did.

jaydoc1
11-08-08, 18:39
Here's the email I just sent.

To whom it may concern,

As a physician, I'm going to give your group the benefit of the doubt and assume that your true goal is one of decreasing gun crime, not one of disarming the United States of America. Not a week goes by that I'm not called on to treat the victims and perpetrators of gun violence. My patients have ranged from small children to the elderly and I'm sorry to say that not all of them have survived. While all have fallen victim to gun violence there is also a universal truth to all of these unfortunates: not one was shot by a law-abiding citizen. If that had been so, then your group's goal might be more realistic. Unfortunately the violent criminals in our society pay not one infinitesimal amount of attention to the gun laws currently in effect, let alone any that may be added/passed in the near future.

With these facts in mind I ask you this...What is it you really hope to accomplish with this laser etching program? If a criminal steals ammunition lawfully purchased with this technology in place and then uses it in a crime, how has it aided in the investigation as you suggest it will? The legal purchaser of the ammunition is the one most likely to be investigated. Perhaps there is some naivete involved in thinking that criminals purchase their guns and ammo legally before using them to commit crimes? For informational purposes to you and your group I would suggest you spend some time, not with the supervising officers in local law enforcement (chiefs, sheriffs, etc...) who are often politically motivated, but with the officers on the street. Ask them how often they run into legally purchased firearms and ammunition used in the commission of crimes. The answer to that would be: Not very often.

As a physician I would love to see the end to the number of gunshot wounds I treat each year. Unfortunately your proposed plan will do nothing to decrease the number of injuries I will treat anymore than laws against drunk driving will decrease the amount of injuries related to that crime that I treat. Criminals will not care whether the ammunition they are using to gun down others is microstamped, laser-etched, or marked in any way. They will simply use it in the commission of the crimes and move on.

I believe your group is motivated by what you think is best for the citizens of this country. I question, however, whether this proposition has been any better thought out than the hundreds of gun laws currently in place which have done nothing to decrease the amount of gun crime in our country? The bare naked truth is that law-abiding citizens, which would not be committing crimes with ammunition as it's currently produced, are the ones who would follow such a new law as you propose with your ammunition accountability. The criminals will not.

Please. Spend your time, effort, and money helping to support the enforcement of current laws. Not the institution of new, meaningless and costly ones.

Jim Caldwell, M.D.

And do you know how much they will pay attention to it? Not one bit.

p.s. Please, any emails sent to this or other similar groups, let them be literate, polite, and to the point. Angry, aggressive, non-spell-checked emails will only give groups such as this ammunition against gun-owners. While the rest of the world is no longer able to believe in stereotypes, the anti-gunners base all upon them. They truly believe that intelligent individuals would not be interested in gun ownership. Prove them wrong, not right.