PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Masada!

7.62NATO
11-07-08, 23:53
When is the masada coming out? If magpul doesn't get it on the market anytime soon they may never get a chance. I'll buy one IF it ever comes out. Anyone heard an ETA?

sgtmajor
11-08-08, 00:09
i think that you might have missed out on the be masada drama but they have teamed with bushmaster to get this rifle into production. there not calling it the masada anymore its the bushmaster ACR

Cold Zero
11-08-08, 06:24
Bushmaster is backordered on Civy AR's and even LE AR's. I doubt they will have them out by Jan. If they had them out right now, they would be making a killing of huge proportions.

Does anyone know of an AR distributor that has any AR's in stock? Kindly PM me.

Hawkeye
11-08-08, 08:08
Right now the ACR is still on track for 1st QTR 09 release. They are still shooting for a $1500 price mark.

Dave L.
11-08-08, 09:05
Right now the ACR is still on track for 1st QTR 09 release. They are still shooting for a $1500 price mark.

That sounds a lot better than the price of the SCAR...

dtibbals
11-08-08, 10:30
I will be shocked that they produce any of them. The only way it would make sense is if the parts etc are already in stock and need to be assembled. If they haven't gotten that far yet I would bet they will not produce any. If and when they get banned why the heck would you want to spend the time building it when you can put all your resources into building AR15's.

David Ben Uzi
11-08-08, 10:30
This looks like the most innovative asault rifle I have seen. I will be one of the first to buy one when they are available.

Check out the video in you haven't already.

http://www.bushmaster-acr.com/

Finally a wepon that looks to have been designed in the this century that really can gain mass acceptance.

My tricked out M-4 is looking pretty "old" right know. My Uzi looks like an antique.

David

Ring
11-08-08, 10:32
the 308 is the magpul massoud, the ACR is the masada

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVXA,DVXA:2006-15,DVXA:en&q=magpul+massoud

David Ben Uzi
11-08-08, 10:44
One more video.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhPMIVgF6c&NR=1

David

Sorry if this has been posted before. I am the newbie here...

Seth Harness
11-08-08, 10:49
I notice the XCR dosent get much attention, it is almost the same gun as the ACR as far as the controls go. Along with muti-caliber capability, quick change barrels, bolts and mags.
Anyway, Im ordering one on Monday.

karmapolice
11-08-08, 15:39
I notice the XCR dosent get much attention, it is almost the same gun as the ACR as far as the controls go. Along with muti-caliber capability, quick change barrels, bolts and mags.
Anyway, Im ordering one on Monday.

They are no where near the same gun. The XCR is an all right gun but there are some issues with it.

Cold Zero
11-08-08, 16:04
The XCR is an all right gun but there are some issues with it.

i know someone who just bought the XCR. Could you say what the issues are? Thanks.

karmapolice
11-08-08, 18:10
Both function issues and ergo issues, the way the stock is set up it sucks to get proper eye relief and cheek weld for magnified optics such as an ACOG. Also he availability of parts is an issue and will always be an issue because RobArms is a small company, plus the trigger isn’t the greatest or at least wasn’t on the originals I don't know if they have fixed it. Also they had an issue with weak firing pins that where breaking. Also the way the gun breaks down honestly sucks because it only opens a bit and there is nothing retaining the bolt to the carrier and once you open it they come flying out and separate if you aren’t holding it to keep that from happening. Over all it’s a decent gun but for the price I would buy an AR and or save my money and wait for the ACR or get a LWRC now or get a SCAR.

Ring
11-08-08, 18:54
SCAR price was released, its 2699$......... dont think any 1 will be buying that when a ACR is 1400 or you could buy 4 AR's

eternal24k
11-08-08, 20:31
SCAR price was released, its 2699$......... dont think any 1 will be buying that when a ACR is 1400 or you could buy 4 AR's
WOW, that is disappointing, but then again i have never been fond of FN prices.
I only dip into that price realm if it includes real accuracy or is rare.

Seth Harness
11-08-08, 20:35
They are no where near the same gun. The XCR is an all right gun but there are some issues with it.

UM, Im pretty sure the controls are in the same spots as the ACR. Hents: "almost the same gun as far as controls go". Safety, bolt release and mag release. The charging handles differ a little, but I dont think its in all that bad of a spot.
I dont know about anything else, but anyone looking at a pic of both can tell that much.
Thanks for the update on the issues.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-09-08, 01:07
ISn't Bushmaster owned by Cerebus? The guys that own Chrysler? Do you think that they are going to pour money into a product that might have a two year life span? If they are putting in ANY resources into this I would be absolutely surprised, especially if they don't have any LEO/GOV contracts for it.

I bet the only ACR rifles we see are Airsoft.

Cohibra45
11-09-08, 07:57
Is there a dealer here that will actually say that the price will be $1500??? I somehow doubt that will be the price. Every manufacturer has a price for their weapons system and I can't seem to find out what the price for an ACR really is. Where is anyone getting the $1500???

RogerinTPA
11-09-08, 08:11
I pray Bushmaster won't screw this up with their nonexistent quality control like the rest of there products.

gyp_c2
11-09-08, 08:26
you could buy 4 AR's...of what quality?
Certainly not in the realm of a SCAR, 416, or Masada...or even a Noveske, LMT, or Colt...
Apples to Apples...http://emoticons4u.com/smoking/rauch06.gif

variablebinary
11-09-08, 09:41
UM, Im pretty sure the controls are in the same spots as the ACR. Hents: "almost the same gun as far as controls go". Safety, bolt release and mag release. The charging handles differ a little, but I dont think its in all that bad of a spot.
I dont know about anything else, but anyone looking at a pic of both can tell that much.
Thanks for the update on the issues.

Controls are similar, though I prefer a FAL style charging handle over a G3 charging handle location. I never understood a monolithic rail where there was even the hint of a possibility of the charging handle influencing optics placement.

Either way, pick up and AR15, pick a up a SCAR, XCR or ACR and the weapon will probably make sense in terms of controls.

I'll be getting the SCAR, but passing on the ACR.

And then there is my XCR...

http://home.comcast.net/~firearmspics/DSC00847.jpg

Hawkeye
11-09-08, 09:53
Is there a dealer here that will actually say that the price will be $1500??? I somehow doubt that will be the price. Every manufacturer has a price for their weapons system and I can't seem to find out what the price for an ACR really is. Where is anyone getting the $1500???

Thats coming directly form Magpul. They have posted it in several places.

CarlosDJackal
11-09-08, 10:30
IMHO, MagPul screwed up when they partnered with Bushmaster to produce the Masada (now the ACR). Bushmaster can't even put the minimum of QC in their current AR line of products (ie: staking the gas key).

I personally would not hold my breath for the ACR. Of course, I am not holding my breath for any of the new generation of rifles that aren't scheduled to be released before the end of the year. I would be pleasantly surprised if the new anti-gun administration would allow for any of this to happen. JM2CW.

Ring
11-09-08, 20:37

magpul has said on ar15.com and at the shot show, the retail should start at 1400 to 1500