PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions on Magpul SL stocks and FDE in the Rockpile

Diamondback
03-24-19, 22:56
A buddy's cleaning out his spares bin, and offered me a couple older Magpul SL's for $15 each. Would these have any place on a Rockpile Replica as an alternate to the basic waffle, or are they pretty much the realm of LE and private owners?

Also, for you guys who've served Over There, what's the preferred technique for lightening the handguard area from hand-searing basic black? Dump the KAC panels and slap on FDE ladders, rattlecan the panels or something else?

Stickman
03-25-19, 00:08
$15 is a great price, but I wouldn't be looking at them at all for cloning purposes.

Diamondback
03-25-19, 00:12
Thanks, Stick, at that rate I think I'll take 'em for the spare buffer tubes and either EE the stocks or set 'em aside for a Pay-It-Forward.

03-25-19, 04:20
I preferred the ladders when they became a thing. I used some sort of similarly rubbery cover on the 6 o’clock rail to make the gun less clanky over low walls. I think Magpul made it.

Stickman
03-25-19, 08:34
Thanks, Stick, at that rate I think I'll take 'em for the spare buffer tubes and either EE the stocks or set 'em aside for a Pay-It-Forward.

If they are coming with the tubes, you would be crazy not to at that price.

Renegade0100
03-25-19, 10:35
I've seen two photos of Magpul SL stocks being used overseas, but that's only two photos. So while yeah they're technically in use, you're much more likely to see LMT Sopmod/B5 stocks, Magpul CTR/Moe, and/or the basic-bitch waffles.

Hammer_Man
03-25-19, 17:53
Manta rail covers work great.

Diamondback
03-27-19, 23:30
I preferred the ladders when they became a thing. I used some sort of similarly rubbery cover on the 6 o’clock rail to make the gun less clanky over low walls. I think Magpul made it.

Are you thinking like the XT or XTM panels, or something more "lo-pro"?

03-28-19, 03:36
Are you thinking like the XT or XTM panels, or something more "lo-pro"?

XT on the 6 o’clock rail.