PDA

View Full Version : Smolett case suddenly dismissed entirely

SomeOtherGuy
03-26-19, 13:47
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-26/smollett-charges-dropped-after-emergency-court-appearance

Charges were dropped on Tuesday against Empire actor Jussie Smollett for disorderly conduct related to allegedly staging a fake hate crime attack and filing a false police report, according to the Chicago Tribune.

A grand jury slapped Smollett with 16 felony counts earlier this month for falsely reporting a hate crime, which his attorney Mark Geragos called "vindictive" and "prosecutorial overkill."

According to reports, the state of Illinois filed the motion to dismiss the case, which the judge signed off on. The case has also been sealed, according to CBS Chicago's Charlie De Mar.

So.... what the hell happened? We're supposed to believe that the alleged paid perps lied, the video of them buying props for the "attack" at a hardware store isn't relevant, and the indictment was entirely wrong? Oh and the case had to be sealed also? All of this coming shortly after his defense attorney is implicated for unrelated extortion in the Nike case? This stinks like mad.

Looks like mayor Rahm and the Chicago PD are up in arms about this. It's unheard of to have the prosecutor there going against both the mayor and CPD.

Alex V
03-26-19, 14:04
Are you surprised that, in Chicago, a gay man who is friends with the Obamas had charges dropped by a prosecutor who was supported by a PAC funded by Soros?

I mean really?

Looks like the Chief of Police is pissed AF.

Averageman
03-26-19, 14:07
Are you surprised that, in Chicago, a gay man who is friends with the Obamas had charges dropped by a prosecutor who was supported by a PAC funded by Soros?

I mean really?

Democrat think; "Well Orange Man got away with everything he did,so why not the Gay Black Guy?" :rolleyes:

Honu
03-26-19, 14:12
black gay elite privilege at work !!!!!!!

pick one or all ?

SomeOtherGuy
03-26-19, 14:13

I mean really?

Given that the Mayor Rahm Emanuel, also of the Obama administration, is claiming to be shocked and PO'd, yes I am surprised.

If Rahm and CPD were giving a phony-sincere press conference on how it was all just a misunderstanding, and "love wins," then in that case no I wouldn't be surprised.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-26-19, 14:25
We got OJ'd, again.

Rahm is PISSED. The CPD is PISSED.

I still don't get who is the actual person that made the 'deal'. Some state prosecutor.

My guess is that the CPD got over their skiis and all the work and rhetoric came back to bite them. Something to do with the two brothers inconsistency or something that makes their evidence suspect.

Don't worry. Smoullet will screw this up. He can't keep his story straight (ha, ha) and will screw this up.

Now, what do all the lefties do now? Unless something comes out that he was done dirty by the cops or the brothers, nothing has changed factually.

I just want someone to now beat his ass and yell all the MAGA stuff.... now that would be funny to have him tell it all over again...

platoonDaddy
03-26-19, 14:37
tina tchen was big mike's aka michelle obama’s COS from 2011 to 2017.

I am hoping the Feds get his ass.

Despite all charges being dropped against Empire star Jussie Smollett Tuesday, the actor reportedly still faces an FBI investigation for mail fraud.
Fox News reported on air Tuesday that the FBI is still looking into Jussie Smollett allegedly sending himself a death threat letter through the mail.

“A spokesperson for the FBI, we just reached out to, and they tell us ‘no comment.’ All along, the FBI–which is, you know, usually very quiet, did not weigh in on their investigation,” an FNC reporter said on air.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/03/26/report-fbi-still-investigating-jussie-smollett-for-federal-mail-fraud/

Outlander Systems
03-26-19, 14:40
https://chicagoist.com/2016/03/10/kim_foxx_funding.php

But Kim Foxx has also found two other sources of cash, in the form of twin $300,000 donations to a Super PAC supporting her called Illinois Safety & Justice. The sole donors to the PAC are neoliberal superdonor and conservative-boogeyman George Soros and a "dark-money" group called Civic Participation Action Fund.

MorphCross
03-26-19, 14:40
I take it back. There was no flaw in the Indictment, there was no flaw in how anything was done. The flaw was in the State Attorney office and as such is a huge breach of public trust. I would be going "Scorched Earth" tactics on the SA office staff.

Illinois politics make me sick to my stomach in a way that no other State has yet to match.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-26-19, 14:49
Let the feds take a bite at that apple...

Alex V
03-26-19, 14:50
Given that the Mayor Rahm Emanuel, also of the Obama administration, is claiming to be shocked and PO'd, yes I am surprised.

If Rahm and CPD were giving a phony-sincere press conference on how it was all just a misunderstanding, and "love wins," then in that case no I wouldn't be surprised.

I believe the CPD Chief is genuinely pissed, I think Rahm may be playing tit up for the camera.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-26-19, 15:51
Oh to be a lefty today. They have lost all firm ground to stand on. Between Trump and this, what is what it is? Everything must look bonkers.

Honu
03-26-19, 16:04
Oh to be a lefty today. They have lost all firm ground to stand on. Between Trump and this, what is what it is? Everything must look bonkers.

agree

when you are a nut in the nuthouse from your view only the doctors seem strange ! this is the current state of the left :)

GH41
03-26-19, 17:02
Minority skin color, minority sexual preference and an also ran Hollywood dude/dudette. That's a winning hand! Only being a turkey baster baby born addicted to heroin would have made his/it's odds better.

B Cart
03-26-19, 17:19
Well, considering Kimberly Foxx is the prosecutor and has connections to the Obama administration and got a $408k donation from Soros, it makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is how she recused herself from the case, and then was able to re enter to drop charges….

GH41
03-26-19, 17:21
Minority skin color, minority sexual preference and an also ran Hollywood dude/dudette. That's a winning hand! Only being a turkey baster baby born addicted to heroin would have made his/it's odds better.

I'll quote myself. Nothing wrong IMO with being black and/or gay. There is something wrong with minorities getting a pass because they are.

The_War_Wagon
03-26-19, 17:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8S1NnVToaw

docsherm
03-26-19, 17:47
My surprised face :blink:

GH41
03-26-19, 18:45
My surprised face :blink:

Why your surprised face doc? The majority of the voters should be represented no matter what race or sexual preference they subscribe to. Should my vote be weighted more if I am a black and gay? I don't think so.

docsherm
03-26-19, 18:50
Why your surprised face doc? The majority of the voters should be represented no matter what race or sexual preference they subscribe to. Should my vote be weighted more if I am a black and gay? I don't think so.

What the hell are you talking about? My comment was about the blatant corruption in Chicago.

If that is what you are referring to then No, you should not be represented as you are a criminal and a felon and should not have a vote. He should be allowed to be black and gay or whatever he wants to be in prison.

FlyingHunter
03-26-19, 19:11
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. MLK

HKGuns
03-26-19, 19:15
Total horseshit.

SilverBullet432
03-26-19, 22:58
Money talks, BS walks! (No pun intended............)

titsonritz
03-27-19, 00:04
Hope the feds take it over.

SteyrAUG
03-27-19, 00:26
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. MLK

Honestly, any person who has actually been a victim of a racially motivated attack should be outraged.

People should target any film or television project he is ever associated with by boycotting sponsors and production companies. He should never work again.

Airhasz
03-27-19, 00:34
I’ll have a Coke. :blink:

Business_Casual
03-27-19, 05:27
More talking points for Trump rallies. The Left just can’t help it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-27-19, 06:13
More talking points for Trump rallies. The Left just can’t help it.

There wasn't a GOP member within 50 miles of this whole thing.

docsherm
03-27-19, 07:43

If there was they were being robbed or shot.

Averageman
03-27-19, 08:10
This morning there was some folks asking if Smolett had requested help from Michelle Obama on this matter. Supposedly there are ties between the Obama and Smolett families.
I don't believe any of this will help him if Federal charges are pursued.
It might, if it can be proven leave some sort of sticky mess for the Obama's.

just a scout
03-27-19, 10:14

Bwahahaha hahahaha!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just a scout
03-27-19, 10:15
https://youtu.be/LwkIy0SJzqQ

just a scout
03-27-19, 10:16
I can’t even begin to describe how ****ed the politics are here. I’m sure a big chunk of it is that Kim Fox HATES the CPD and law enforcement in general.

Jellybean
03-27-19, 10:28
Hope the feds take it over.

Because they're SO impartial these days...

glocktogo
03-27-19, 11:28
Rules for Thee, None for Me...

jack crab
03-27-19, 16:30
At least there was a FOIA file dump by CPD before the judge sealed the case.

Firefly
03-27-19, 16:47
He’ll Eff up again. They always do

flenna
03-27-19, 17:12
Honestly I do enjoy the infighting and backstabbing amongst the Leftists.

AKDoug
03-27-19, 18:01
and.... it ain't over yet... The FBI is looking into the circumstances surrounding the dropping of the charges.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45208/breaking-fbi-reviewing-circumstances-surrounding-ryan-saavedra?%3Futm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

BoringGuy45
03-27-19, 18:38
I guess there's a silver lining to this: For the first time in years, the left and the right are actually agreeing on something. Liberal politicians are actually putting the race and gay cards back in the deck and calling this what it is: Political corruption and rich/connected privilege.

SteyrAUG
03-27-19, 18:50
I guess there's a silver lining to this: For the first time in years, the left and the right are actually agreeing on something. Liberal politicians are actually putting the race and gay cards back in the deck and calling this what it is: Political corruption and rich/connected privilege.

Not everyone...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jussie-smollett-prosecutor-guilty_n_5c9b5cdce4b08c450cceaad6

Lot's of mediasplaining going on...

“Our priority is violent crimes and the drivers of violence. Jussie Smollett is neither one of those,” Magats told CBS News when asked why his office would abandon the case if he felt the actor was guilty.

Smollett performed two days of community service this week and was forced to forfeit a $10,000 bond ― a fraction of the more than $150,000 it reportedly cost the city to pursue this case.

Asked Tuesday if he feels this penalty was appropriate, Magats told CBS News that he feels “it is,” adding that community service and a financial penalty is common for nonviolent cases.

SomeOtherGuy
03-27-19, 18:55
Because nothing says community service and a $10k fine like 16 felony charges. With no proof that any community service was done, and with the "fine" not being one.

jpmuscle
03-27-19, 19:38
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/e03fe9189d72b5a7b55160fa3032aa6f.jpg

Seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralph
03-27-19, 20:01

That's all fine and well, but let's see if any charges come from this...

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-28-19, 01:00
Any of Trumps people up for 16 felonies? Sounds like it’s time to put the pardon machine in over drive...

SteyrAUG
03-28-19, 01:30

Seems legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for "He's the real victim if he felt this was necessary for his voice to be heard."

BBossman
03-28-19, 02:39
Not everyone...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jussie-smollett-prosecutor-guilty_n_5c9b5cdce4b08c450cceaad6

Lot's of mediasplaining going on...

“Our priority is violent crimes and the drivers of violence. Jussie Smollett is neither one of those,” Magats told CBS News when asked why his office would abandon the case if he felt the actor was guilty.

Smollett performed two days of community service this week and was forced to forfeit a $10,000 bond ― a fraction of the more than $150,000 it reportedly cost the city to pursue this case.

Asked Tuesday if he feels this penalty was appropriate, Magats told CBS News that he feels “it is,” adding that community service and a financial penalty is common for nonviolent cases.

Working for Jessie Jacksons Rainbow Coalition...

austinN4
03-28-19, 04:10
Any of Trumps people up for 16 felonies? Sounds like it’s time to put the pardon machine in over drive...
I think that would be a mistake at this time because it could put reelection in jeopardy. Pardons, if any, should wait until his second term. But if not reelected, go ahead and pardon.

Business_Casual
03-28-19, 05:53

I wonder which sandwich he ordered at Subway.

sgtrock82
03-28-19, 10:59
Well if we actually just shot the f@ckin animals we never intend to let out of prison thered be more room(and $$$) for thus looser to spend time thinking about the crap he tried to pull.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-28-19, 12:08
I wonder which sandwich he ordered at Subway.

Vegan, gluten free, extra dick.

bp7178
03-28-19, 14:24
The "alternative prosecution" thing has been going on for a while, but the surprising thing is the lack of any admission of culpability. Quite the opposite. He's parading around like he was telling the truth this whole time, that the charges being dropped is some sort of vindication.

Todd.K
03-28-19, 14:32

That's a great example of shrinking the Overton Window to a peephole of just your view.

"To the extent that incarceration is ever appropriate..."

Now I don't discount the entire thesis, we should prioritize keeping violent criminals in jail. But... they use this to gaslight what actually happened. Normally a case might get charges lowered in exchange for a guilty plea. Maybe a real fine, real community service, and parole would be more appropriate. That's a reasonable enough debate. But he got expungement and sealed records.

BBossman
03-28-19, 14:40
The new twist is the court was only supposed to seal his criminal record, not the case material. But... somehow court staff are now saying the files have been mistakenly deleted from the "system".

Pappabear
03-28-19, 19:20
Just unfkn real. Not surprising considering how people disappeared under the Clinton dynasty and she ran for President with non a scribble on her record or in the press. The left is so incredible powerful when you don’t have to follow ANY rules.

2 years and millions of dollars and still no collusion. And they have not given up the ghost and will likely never.

PB

tb-av
03-28-19, 23:48
But he got expungement and sealed records.

...and Rahm is going to get his piece of the pie... he's saying show me some money and all is hunky dorey.

I sure would like to know who that guy has been getting lovey dovey with because someone is protecting him in big ways. Jussie and Barack sitting in a tree? They say politicians make strange bed fellows.

This guy is making OJ look innocent.

That guy has been in soneone's bed and they want it shut down big time. I think this is bigger than fake MAGA attacks.

Adrenaline_6
03-29-19, 08:00
The new twist is the court was only supposed to seal his criminal record, not the case material. But... somehow court staff are now saying the files have been mistakenly deleted from the "system".

The funny thing is most people realize that for this to happen in this day and age, this is not a freaking mistake. It isn't like deleting a letter in Microsoft Word. Absolutely ridiculous. It's an in your face F you to the common man and the justice system. They have been doing that for awhile now, and as they keep getting away with it, are becoming more bold in how they go about doing it.

VARIABLE9
03-29-19, 09:09
...and Rahm is going to get his piece of the pie... he's saying show me some money and all is hunky dorey.

I sure would like to know who that guy has been getting lovey dovey with because someone is protecting him in big ways. Jussie and Barack sitting in a tree? They say politicians make strange bed fellows.

This guy is making OJ look innocent.

That guy has been in soneone's bed and they want it shut down big time. I think this is bigger than fake MAGA attacks.

When every piece of news is possibly a lie, you just don’t know what to believe.

https://truepundit.com/top-fbi-child-sex-trafficking-did-jussie-rat-out-hollywood/

Here’s the gist of it: “Internal Chicago Police records show detectives employed a top FBI Supervisory Special Agent specializing in investigating the trafficking of sexually exploited children, child prostitution and aggravated child sexual abuse to help investigate the Smollett assault hoax case.“

ralph
03-29-19, 10:02
What this case does highlight is the level of corruption within the city gov't..When a second rate actor with just a few million in the bank, can commit a crime, and upon figuring out that he's very possibly looking at real prison time, because it backfired. And, then has his lawyer make a few phone calls, amoung them to a former U.S. President with whom he has close family ties, and get off scott free. This just displays for the world to see, the level of corruption that is Chicago.. Trump is running his pie hole about getting the DOJ, FBI, invloved.. Yeah, well I'll believe it when Jussie is in a orange jumpsuit and he's perp walked into a federal court... The problem as I see it, is that people have accepted this level of corruption, as normal, and when that happens, it just makes those who are corrupt that much bolder..The best thing that could happen to Chicago is if they went bankrupt, (and yes, I know that under Ill law, cities aren't allowed to go bankrupt) and ran out of taxpayers money to squander... No money, and the crooks move on, after all, you don't hear much about Detroit anymore..

platoonDaddy
03-29-19, 11:05
rahm blaming Trump & POS smollett up for naacp image award

Smollett is nominated for the 2019 NAACP Image Awards, scheduled for Saturday. Six-time host and "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson told Variety on Wednesday that he hopes to see the controversial actor there.

“I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

sundance435
03-29-19, 11:13
In case folks were wondering how justice is supposed to work: http://www.ilpba.org/announcements/7249825 Note: This is business as usual in Cook County/Chicago. I have seen criminal histories with pages and pages of nolle pros'd charges ranging from armed robbery to murder, all from Cook County. Nolle pros is seldom used in the rest of Illinois. The only thing unique about this one is the sealing that happened immediately and uncontested.

WickedWillis
03-29-19, 12:35

https://youtu.be/LwkIy0SJzqQ

I am glad great minds think alike here, because as soon as I saw Airhasz post this is EXACTLY what I thought of

just a scout
03-29-19, 14:32
[emoji41]

sgtrock82
03-29-19, 18:50
rahm blaming Trump & POS smollett up for naacp image award

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/03/28/jussie-smollett-up-naacp-award-host-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/I wonder if he was suppose to get this reward regardless of how the illfated false flag attempted lynching turned out? Is it too late to get a new lil brass plaque made?

Is the NAACP tyring to tarnish its own awards and then turn it all around on the rest of us?

Blame Trump lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190329/c6839a63e0c659bc123c17df5b9ba5b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Todd.K
03-30-19, 15:11
He did not win a NAACP award that he was nominated for.

I hope he doesn't beat himself up too much over it.

docsherm
03-30-19, 15:13
He did not win a NAACP award that he was nominated for.

I hope he doesn't beat himself up too much over it.

I see that you did there.......;)

LOLOLOLOL

Business_Casual
03-30-19, 20:55
When every piece of news is possibly a lie, you just don’t know what to believe.

https://truepundit.com/top-fbi-child-sex-trafficking-did-jussie-rat-out-hollywood/

Here’s the gist of it: “Internal Chicago Police records show detectives employed a top FBI Supervisory Special Agent specializing in investigating the trafficking of sexually exploited children, child prostitution and aggravated child sexual abuse to help investigate the Smollett assault hoax case.“

Is it possible he turned, for lack of a better term, States evidence?

Nexium...
Ari Emmanuel...
Child actors...

Who knows?

Todd.K
03-30-19, 22:35
No it is not. How that works is you plead guilty and sentencing is delayed until after you testify.

Unless you meant political dirt to be kept and used outside the legal system, then it sounds possible.

titsonritz
04-05-19, 21:57
The Fraternal Order of Police holds a press conference with police chiefs throughout Cook County announcing a vote of no confidence in Cook County State's Atty Kimberly Foxx and demand her resignation. They're pissed off and from the sound of it rightly so, the Smolett case is just the straw that broke the camels back of several on going issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr9sJS36EiQ

duece71
04-06-19, 19:52
Chicago corruption at its finest. I wonder when complete control by the police will be lost? Are there “no go” zones/neighborhoods around Chicago?

NWPilgrim
04-06-19, 21:02
Why would police in Chicago police? Seems they are better off observing and communicating and maybe issuing verbal cautions. Collect paycheck. Why bother arresting anyone? As long as that DA or similar ones are in place why have a police dept?

Esq.
04-07-19, 07:31
Would it be inappropriate for me to laugh in the face of the next person who says, "We are a nation of laws!" and call them an idiot?

You can take your civic nationalism and stick it where the sun doesn"t shine. Its tribal now and woe to the simple minded who don't get it.....

WillBrink
02-25-20, 10:11
About damn time. Tip of the iceberg but a start:

Jussie Smollett Indicted on 16 Felony Counts by Chicago Grand Jury

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jussie-smollett-indicted-16-felony-counts-by-chicago-grand-jury-1193431?fbclid=IwAR3FvNhJVypvhnXj7Z-koirGuj_v2e-yezSOigBLYj_p8GEt7stG1H66ZQo

hotrodder636
02-25-20, 10:13
Article says it is from March 2019.

About damn time. Tip of the iceberg but a start:

Jussie Smollett Indicted on 16 Felony Counts by Chicago Grand Jury

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jussie-smollett-indicted-16-felony-counts-by-chicago-grand-jury-1193431?fbclid=IwAR3FvNhJVypvhnXj7Z-koirGuj_v2e-yezSOigBLYj_p8GEt7stG1H66ZQo

Alex V
02-25-20, 11:09
Article says it is from March 2019.

Wrong article.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-indicted-chicago-empire-special-prosecutor

Jussie Smollett has been indicted by a grand jury on six counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about his claims of a racist and homophobic attack against him in January 2019, a special prosecutor said Tuesday.

Special prosecutor Dan Webb issued a statement announcing the indictment against the 37-year-old former "Empire" star.

The actor is due in court on Feb. 24, Fox 32 reported citing a source.

He was in court yesterday. Plead "not guilty" as is expected.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-court-new-charges-related-alleged-attack

Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty Monday to renewed charges accusing him of staging a racist, homophobic attack against himself last year in Chicago.

The former "Empire" actor appeared in court Monday on new charges alleging that he lied to police about being the victim of an attack in Chicago last year.

A somber-looking Smollett, 37, entered a Cook County courthouse wearing sunglasses and sporting a beard, flanked by his legal teams and surrounded by reporters.

His lawyer, Tina Glandian, entered the not guilty pleas on his behalf to six counts of felony disorderly conduct. She also told Judge James B. Linn that she has asked the Illinois Supreme Court to halt the case.

SteyrAUG
02-25-20, 14:47
Just in time to influence the election.

MegademiC
02-25-20, 17:24
Just in time to influence the election.

This its Trump’s iceberg...

Juicy Smolliette.

titsonritz
02-25-20, 19:31
This its Trump’s iceberg...

Juicy Smolliette.

Justice for Juicy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124

tb-av
02-25-20, 23:33
DC is as close to RP as you can get in this PC world WRT comedy.

He's funny just like Richard Pryor. We are not supposed to acknowledge that though. Not in these "woke" days.