PDA

View Full Version : Unusual weapons seizure in Brazil...

Slater
03-29-19, 08:19
Some sort of Chinese copy, or whatever?:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/28/a-most-unusual-illegal-weapons-seizing-in-rio-de-janeiro/

sundance435
03-29-19, 09:44
Those are some of my favorite posts on FB - too bad they don't get more press. Proof-positive that banning guns = only criminals have guns (in the strictest sense).

NWPilgrim
03-29-19, 11:24
With everything in unmarked boxes sounds like a counterfeit manufacturer, possibly local to Brazil, or China or anywhere.

I wonder if Brazilian law allows buying of AR uppers without license or checks as we do in the States? Or do they classify uppers as firearms? If they do the same as us then anyone with one of these contraband lowers could then buy an upper and have a full firearm. I imagine labeling them as HK M27 allows them to get maximum profit from them.

With machining tools becoming so easy to own (mini- lathes and mills under $2,000) it is kind of stupid to try to outlaw gun sales and ownership. Guns are the ultimate package of power and portability for attack OR defense. Criminals are always going to find a way to have guns, so citizens should have easy access to them as well for protection from those criminals.

VARIABLE9
03-29-19, 12:56
A bunch of no numbers weapons (parts) found in a country neighboring Venezuela? No one saw that coming.