PDA

View Full Version : Samson BUIS release

JediGuy
03-29-19, 08:38
Thought these looked interesting, particularly at the price point.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/03/28/samson-manufacturing-introduces-true-back-up-sights/

everready73
03-29-19, 09:37
Interesting. I dont have any other Samson stuff but an aluminum set of sights for the cost of plastic mbus is intriguing. Will be looking into these

Falshooter
03-29-19, 20:57
can't wait to get my hand one these.

daverator
03-29-19, 22:38
I have a set of their folding sites that look like that but with dual aperture, they are the best flip up sights I have. Been on 2 if my rifles, I took them off my 18" Sionics upper when I switched to a 1-6 vortex and put them on newer patrol 3 that I don't have optics for yet. Never had to re-zero on either either rifle, they stayed spot on. Really nice quality.

Kyohte
03-31-19, 01:58
Why did they make the front rounded. They would otherwise be a good product but round “HK”-style fronts aren’t standard for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsbhike
03-31-19, 16:20
Why did they make the front rounded. They would otherwise be a good product but round “HK”-style fronts aren’t standard for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a negative to the circle ears vs. other shapes? Or is it just that the adjustable sight post isn't likely to be centered in the circle like an HK type?

Kyohte
03-31-19, 18:48
Is there a negative to the circle ears vs. other shapes? Or is it just that the adjustable sight post isn't likely to be centered in the circle like an HK type?

The latter. It’s difficult to keep the post in the center of the rear because your eye wants to line up a circle in a circle. Also, I have found that the ears damage/bend more easily with the HK style, which makes the issue even worse.