PDA

View Full Version : BAD "Rack" charging handle

Travelingchild
04-02-19, 22:53
Did some research, can't seem to find any reviews are these to new for feed back?

Currently use Raptor and BCM ambidextrous charging handles and was thinking of trying either the Geissele or the BAD "Rack" for my SBR build.

Looking for feed back on the BAD "Rack" charging handle.

Renegade04
04-03-19, 06:39
Did some research, can't seem to find any reviews are these to new for feed back?

Currently use Raptor and BCM ambidextrous charging handles and was thinking of trying either the Geissele or the BAD "Rack" for my SBR build.

Looking for feed back on the BAD "Rack" charging handle.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/16/battle-arms-development-rack-ambidextrous-charging-handle/

militarymoron
04-03-19, 07:31
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access7.html#badrack

RVTMaverick
04-03-19, 11:35
OUCH 125Bucks!...?

Check out POF's TOMAHAWK: https://pof-usa.com/product/tomahawk-ambidextrous-charging-handle/

or ARCHANGEL: https://pof-usa.com/product/archangel-ambidextrous-charging-handle/

or STRIKE EAGLE: https://pof-usa.com/product/strike-eagle-charging-handle/

MWAG19919
04-03-19, 13:39
I have a Geissele airborne and bought my dad one for his Kino. We both love ours. I’ll never buy another CH because the Geissele so nice.

Specifically, I appreciate the checkered pattern and curved latches; this makes it very easy to use even in sub optimal conditions. I did a training course when it was 100 degrees in TN and had no problems performing malfunction drills with sweaty hands. I also like how easily the latches open on BOTH sides. I have a BCM 4x4 where the latch on the right side of the gun (for lefties) is noticeably more difficult to actuate than the latch on the left side. The Geissele is the same on both sides, and much smoother than the BCM. Lastly, I like the gas buster style ledge on the Geissele. I don’t shoot surpressed, but it is a good feature for those who do. It’s about the same price as a 4x4, so I can’t imagine what a $125 CH would do better.

ETA photos: https://imgur.com/a/ruVmiEm

The 4x4 Gunfighter is a good CH in it’s own right, and I still use it on my HD bedside gun. I’m just saying the Geissele is superior in every way. YMMV.

MWAG19919
04-03-19, 13:44
From the article in post #2

The downside of this design is that if you apply exactly equal pressure to both sides of the handle, it won’t unlatch.

Personally this seems goofy as hell to me. I’d definitely pass on it and get the Geissele (either SCH or ACH)

Straight Shooter
04-03-19, 17:53
This charging handle stuff is getting ridiculous. I remember telling someone JOKINGLY that "one day theyll charge a $100 for damned charging handle"..I was right!

Falshooter
04-04-19, 03:38
I have a radian raptor and I like It but you can never go wrong with anything geissele makes.

Eurodriver
04-04-19, 05:12
This charging handle stuff is getting ridiculous. I remember telling someone JOKINGLY that "one day theyll charge a $100 for damned charging handle"..I was right!

Agreed.

$125 is over half way to a quality barrel, and yet these things sell because they “feel so good in the hand”? If people actually shot their rifles they’d realize you can go an entire freaking day at the range and use your charging handle once.

The most frustrating part is that someone who spends $125 on a charging handle is the exact same person who will buy the cheapest barrel possible from some new barrel maker because it’s “just as good as”.

Then when they finally take it to the range they will spend all day clearing malfunctions with their new awesome CH and rant and rave about how good it is because they used their CH more in a day than any of us do in a year.

Straight Shooter
04-04-19, 05:25
Agreed.

$125 is over half way to a quality barrel, and yet these things sell because they “feel so good in the hand”? If people actually shot their rifles they’d realize you can go an entire freaking day at the range and use your charging handle once.

The most frustrating part is that someone who spends $125 on a charging handle is the exact same person who will buy the cheapest barrel possible from some new barrel maker because it’s “just as good as”.

Then when they finally take it to the range they will spend all day clearing malfunctions with their new awesome CH and rant and rave about how good it is because they used their CH more in a day than any of us do in a year.

Dang, you sound like me talking, there. I agree.

Travelingchild
04-04-19, 08:14
Agreed.

$125 is over half way to a quality barrel,... an entire freaking day at the range and use your charging handle once.

...used their CH more in a day than any of us do in a year.

Well I'm the OP and hopefully I don't fall in that category , Most of of my builds started stripped with Daniel Defense internals upgraded to Geissele flat bow triggers, DD midlength barrels, with aim point/Vortex Razor optics. I have a "cheap Faxon" 18 gunner profile barrel I'm about to toss and replace (doesn't play well with my suppressor) probably a $400plus Ranier Arms Match Barrel so I "sample of 1" Don't buy "Cheap" On sale yes.

Unfortunately I do use my Charging handle more than Once due to the fact when our range goes cold we have to lock the bolt back;)

I just like to try new and different "Quality Parts" I generally don't worry about the cost.

And Yes I do shoot my weapons anywhere from Negative 20 to 80 above, Usually around 100 rounds per week with specific goals in mind.

Eurodriver
04-04-19, 08:18
I don’t mean to sound pedantic but I am genuinely curious - Do they just call cease fires at random or give you a count down? 99% of guys are already off their rifle with the chamber flags in when the range is called cold here.

I don’t worry about cost either, but there needs to be somewhat of a value add and I don’t see it with all these fancy CHs on the market today. My $45 Vltor CH has worked well for almost a decade now.

Travelingchild
04-04-19, 10:14
Usually about 1 minute, We don't do chamber flags, bolt open locked back, step away from bench so unless you empty the mag. resulting in bolt locked back , it is necessary to use the Charging Handle to lock the bolt back.

For whatever mental reason "in my Walter Mitty World" I've become fascinated with Ambi charging handles as a right handed shooter, necessary "no" want "yes"

okie
04-04-19, 10:22

Amen. What's so ironic is that people are agonizing most over the thing they're likely to use the least.

26 Inf
04-04-19, 10:30
So, anybody want to talk about how much they paid for the wheels on their truck or car? And how much they improve performance? :jester:

Euro - your comments make perfect sense. Although, as a lefty I buy ambi charging handles, which I rarely use. I have tended to default to the Raptor.

militarymoron
04-04-19, 13:33
Most of the wear on my charging handles comes from a lot of dry firing at home.

Stickman
04-04-19, 18:06
I still find it very difficult for anything to substantially beat out the BCM charging handles, especially when price is part of the equation.

A non-ambi BCM CH can be easily found under $50, when I look at upgrading a stack of weapons, the costs can add up quick.

Dealing with a rather low count of lets say 5 carbines, BCM ($45 each) would put me at $225, which is still a pretty substantial investment. That same low AR count of 5 being upgraded to a $125 CH puts me at $625, which is getting dangerously close to the price of a new Colt.

Stickman
04-04-19, 18:07
Most of the wear on my charging handles comes from a lot of dry firing at home.

I think a lot of us should read that twice, think about how much dry firing we are doing ourselves, and use that as a reminder to get back to basics.

RHINOWSO
04-04-19, 21:15
I love Geissele, but have only paid $50 each instead of the $80+ they normally charge.

To me CH are something you can find what you like, then upgrade a couple rifles over time as sales occur.

Old BCMs were nice but they pinched the frack out of my finger sometimes.

RHINOWSO
04-04-19, 21:17

Ain't nothing frustrating about people being stupid - well unless you are the stupid person.

I give zero ****s about what other morons do, because in the end you can't fix stupid.

Travelingchild
04-04-19, 21:58
As the OP thanks for the replies but not one single report of someone actually using that particular item, so I guess I’ll be the guinea pig,

But don’t worry I won’t be seeking validation for my purchase if in my use I decide it doesn’t work for me or it’s not worth the money I’ll just toss it away,

militarymoron
04-04-19, 23:28
As the OP thanks for the replies but not one single report of someone actually using that particular item, so I guess I’ll be the guinea pig,

In the third post from the top I provided a link to my write up of the product you asked about.