PDA

View Full Version : Bitterroot Valley AMMO Florence Mt.

RB1968
11-08-08, 15:47
Anyone using their Ammo.s in their 5.56/223 ARs? If so whet do you think of it?
http://bvac-ammo.com/index.html

fabulous45s
11-09-08, 10:28
Looks like the owner was the plant manager for HSM for a long time...until he struck out on his own this year.

HSM (Hunting Shack of Montana) is a G2G company. They fill a lot of orders for HSLD types and mere mortal weekend deer hunters alike.

RB1968
11-09-08, 11:52
Looks like the owner was the plant manager for HSM for a long time...until he struck out on his own this year.

HSM (Hunting Shack of Montana) is a G2G company. They fill a lot of orders for HSLD types and mere mortal weekend deer hunters alike.

Ok thats says a lot about the orange color they use, I bought Hunting Shack last year at this same show and was looking for them again. I had good results with the Hunting Shack Ammo. and expect the same from this Mfg.;)

Thanks for the feed back.

Rick941
04-28-10, 19:43
I have 6 boxs of the brva 9mm, 124 grain, jacketed hollow point ammo. All 6 boxs have the same red XD box art X-treme Defense ,4 boxs have a white container nickel plated case and a bullet that looks alot like the Federal Hi shok bullet interior coating,large opening same depth as the Federal round,and 2 boxs of the same boxed ammo,same name,XD X-treme Defense ammo red box brass case unfired I might add,and the bullet is shinny inside and the bullet looks alot like the Hornday rounds found on there critical defense ammo without the poly inside of it,the ammo shoots very well indeed and it is all 124 grain,a little more kick than the same type 124 grain Winchester ammo in the same caliber,I shot 2 inch groups at 25 yards with my Jerico and FNH9, all of it seems to be very equal in quality ,very good ammo ,this is my first go around with this ammo and I am saving the other 4 and a half boxs to shoot on the farm.:D

Dutchy556
04-28-10, 21:16
I've been buying bulk BVAC range ammo in both 223 and 9mm on and off for a while now. I'm satisfied - generally good stuff for plinking and training.

Only one problem ever with a round out of a case of reload factory 2nds - casing which was improperly sized. Again, consider thats out of a case of 2nds (and it almost chambered, heh..) Thats out of at least 5 or 6 k of 223 at this point.

If the price is right (which it almost always is at the local shows here) I'd say buy with confidence.

ETA: Wow I didn't check the original post dates, way to resurrect this thread Rick...

bubabootie
05-03-10, 15:56
Further resurrecting the post....

I've been curious about their ammo as well. I'm a native Montanan and i'd love to support a Montana business. Good to see that they produce a quality product.

Lawdog537
05-03-10, 16:25
We have been using their ammo for two years now for all our department quals and training (9mm, 40, .45, .223) and have had no problems (we order tens of thousands of rounds a year). They are good to work with, and deliver as fast as possible. We have found the ammo shoots cleaner than our previously used HSM. Just my opinion......................