PDA

View Full Version : The most intense Iraq video I've seen yet.

jaydoc1
11-08-08, 17:30
Hopefully this is not a reposted video. It's simply a group of marines clearing a house in Iraq but I think it is the best I've seen showing what these kids on the ground have gone through there. There are no aerial bombardments. No firing .50 cal machine guns. Just a group of marines trying to get some terrorists out of a house. It's an amazing transformation to watch them get themselves amped up to be able to mentally clear the house. They know what's waiting for them. They know that there are a lot of hiding places to be ambushed from and they still make themselves go through it.

Not sure I could have gone down those stairs with people with guns below shouting "God is Great" at me from below. Actually I know I couldn't have gone down those stairs.

Glad there are still soldiers/marines/sailors/airmen putting it on the line out there for the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAOvVRavY4&feature=related

No matter what happens in the coming years, I can't thank them enough for doing what most of us wouldn't be able to.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-08, 17:40
At about 4:30 as the marine is running out, does he shoot a round into the ground, or is that an incoming round that hits?

Hardcore.

jaydoc1
11-08-08, 17:45
Looks to me like he had an AD into the ground. It would suck to have made it through that house and then shoot yourself in the foot!

Cagemonkey
11-09-08, 10:23
Hopefully this is not a reposted video. It's simply a group of marines clearing a house in Iraq but I think it is the best I've seen showing what these kids on the ground have gone through there. There are no aerial bombardments. No firing .50 cal machine guns. Just a group of marines trying to get some terrorists out of a house. It's an amazing transformation to watch them get themselves amped up to be able to mentally clear the house. They know what's waiting for them. They know that there are a lot of hiding places to be ambushed from and they still make themselves go through it.

Not sure I could have gone down those stairs with people with guns below shouting "God is Great" at me from below. Actually I know I couldn't have gone down those stairs.

Glad there are still soldiers/marines/sailors/airmen putting it on the line out there for the rest of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAOvVRavY4&feature=related

No matter what happens in the coming years, I can't thank them enough for doing what most of us wouldn't be able to. Hardcore shit, oohra. Same they aren't allowed to to use flame throwers. Seemed to work in Iwo, Oki and Tarawa. Its sad many casualties and deaths are attributed to PC bullshit. They had to level the place with a Mk-19. I believe these jarheads are part of the next "greatest generation". Too bad all their sacrifices will be belittled by Obama and the Libs. Semper Fi... Cagemonkey

Iraqgunz
11-09-08, 11:17
Just to clarify that would be an ND= Negligent Discharge. AD= Accidental is when the weapon malfunctions and fires when it shouldn't have.

Looks to me like he had an AD into the ground. It would suck to have made it through that house and then shoot yourself in the foot!

jaydoc1
11-09-08, 11:32
Just to clarify that would be an ND= Negligent Discharge. AD= Accidental is when the weapon malfunctions and fires when it shouldn't have.

I actually had typed that initially but figured it would start the whole AD/ND argument going. Yes, it was an ND for sure.

Seth Harness
11-09-08, 11:36
Very intense, makes me wish I could be there.
Thank you to all who serve/served, you have my respect and appreciation whole heartedly!!

L.F.O.D
11-09-08, 11:55
Yes to that. Thank you to all who were there and all who didn't get home. Wish i could help but bad leg kept me home. Thank you again.

jmart
11-09-08, 12:43
You get a good sense of the difficulties of maneuvering M-16s in those tight confines.

That's some up close footage.

spamsammich
11-09-08, 13:27
just curious, is it normal procedure to leave an enemy weapon like that RPG in the corner unsecured? I would have liked to have seen it fragged so it couldn't be used against them in the future.

Ridge_Runner_5
11-09-08, 14:42
Too much of a risk it was booby trapped....and they leveled the place from the looks of it...

Dualspringfields
11-09-08, 17:57
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3v60TSDu8&feature=related