PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris is the New Glock Spokesman

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 10:50
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/04/09/chuck-norris-joins-glock-as-spokesman

Glock announced Monday that the legendary actor, Air Force vet and martial artist Chuck Norris has signed on as their latest spokesman. Norris, 79, was reportedly picked by the polymer pistol maker whose U.S. operations are based in Georgia as he represents the same characteristics and principals for which the company stands.

“Chuck Norris revolutionized and ushered martial arts into the American mainstream just like Glock revolutionized firearms by inventing and commercializing polymer-based pistols and the Safe Action System,” said Josh Dorsey, Glock’s vice president. “Having him represent the Glock brand brings two iconic names together that are mutually committed to perfection and their fan base. We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership.”

Glock said the collaboration will consist of an array of digital and social campaigns as well as public appearances, starting with the National Rifle Association’s Annual Meeting in Indianapolis set for later this month. That event is expected to draw upwards of 80,000 people. As such, Norris will move into the spot once held by the late fellow actor and Marine icon R. Lee Ermey, who was recently buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Norris, who picked up martial arts while deployed with the military in South Korea, opened a chain of schools on the West Coast and appeared in the blockbuster film Return of the Dragon, fighting Bruce Lee, in 1972. He went on to found the Chun Kuk Do fighting style and become a big-name action movie star in the 1980s, with such notable films as Delta Force, Lone Wolf McQuade, the Missing in Action franchise, and Invasion USA.

He's also a God-fearing Christian conservative which is enough street cred for me. R.I.P. Gunny R. Lee Ermey, but Chuck Norris is a worthy successor.

Okay, gotta have a Chuck Norris meme.

Did you know that Chuck Norris once used his eye to pluck someone's finger out?

nimdabew
04-09-19, 10:54
Did you know Chuck Norris was Born Sep 1, 1945? The next day, Japan surrendered.

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 10:57
It's kinda silly, but would I buy a "Good Guys Wear Black" Special Edition Glock?

Hell Yeah, I would.

Inkslinger
04-09-19, 11:00
Glock is the new spokesmen for Chuck Norris.

Firefly
04-09-19, 11:01
Chuck Norris used to be a Steyr plugman in the day....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4yR3apggWg

Arik
04-09-19, 11:03
And now Glocks carry Chuck Norris for protection

mark5pt56
04-09-19, 11:11
The Boogyman checks under his bed for Chuck Norris.

jsbhike
04-09-19, 11:38
Did you know Chuck Norris was Born Sep 1, 1945? The next day, Japan surrendered.

I had to go look it up LoL

Rogue556
04-09-19, 11:39
I can already see the new Glock T-shirts they'll have for sale.

The back will have a picture of Chuck mid roundhouse kick with his boots on, and around the picture will have text surrounding saying "When a roundhouse kick just isn't enough".

The front will have a Glock emblem with "Chuck Approved" wrapped around the logo.

BoringGuy45
04-09-19, 12:33
I can already see the new Glock T-shirts they'll have for sale.

The back will have a picture of Chuck mid roundhouse kick with his boots on, and around the picture will have text surrounding saying "When a roundhouse kick just isn't enough".

The front will have a Glock emblem with "Chuck Approved" wrapped around the logo.

Should be “Glock: for when a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick is overkill.”

flenna
04-09-19, 13:18
Death had a near-Chuck Norris experience.

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 13:35
Some more:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/04/daniel-zimmerman/glocks-new-spokesperson-is-chuck-norris/

“I’m honored to partner with this world-renowned brand,” said Norris. “The values that I have built my life and brand on—tough, real, constant and powerful—are echoed in everything that GLOCK does and creates. Let me put it this way, if I ever decided to go into firearms, there would be no point—I would just be recreating what GLOCK has already built. The only thing that would change is the name.”

For more information about the partnership, or GLOCK, Inc. and our products, visit us.glock.com.”

So, the obvious meme to this is: "When Chuck Norris teamed with Glock, Glock decided to change its name to Chuck."

Firefly
04-09-19, 13:37
I still have my gunny challenge shirt....

It's just not the same and never will be.

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 13:41
I love the R. Lee Ermey Glock commercial.

https://youtu.be/6RNcFs-JwOQ

But then again, Chuck Norris will meet the perp at the front door before he ever gets it open. No, Chuck Norris will be at the hospital before the perp is even BORN.

Arik
04-09-19, 13:45
Some more:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/04/daniel-zimmerman/glocks-new-spokesperson-is-chuck-norris/

So, the obvious meme to this is: "When Chuck Norris teamed with Glock, Glock decided to change its name to Chuck."Get the all new Chuck 17

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-09-19, 14:01
And now Glocks carry Chuck Norris for protection

That made me LOL

jpmuscle
04-09-19, 14:31
Why not Steven Seagal

WHY NOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 14:32
Why not Steven Seagal

WHY NOT

Steven Seagal wishes he were Chuck Norris.

Sorry to have to say it.

Feel free to sit down and let that sink in.

SteyrAUG
04-09-19, 15:07

Glock, because you can't always bring Chuck Norris with you.

Doc Safari
04-09-19, 15:09
Chuck Norris is the new Glock spokesman. To get the job he had to be submersed in mud, frozen in a block of ice, dragged behind a truck, filled full of sand, and dropped from a helicopter.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-09-19, 15:24

Winner, winner.

"The only plastic thing more powerful than a Chuck Norris doll."

When people say "Monday", they don't mean last Monday, the 1st, right?

ETA: Looks real.

From Glock's FB page:

Ralf L Chuck Norris is just a dumb actor. If he was really that good, he would come to my house and slam my head on the keybo dnrjxnenwskgjekxj jdjcladjdncm kdlfmefjejf

Don’t bring a Glock to a Chuck Norris fight

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Guns don’t kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.

You go from The Gunny to Chuck, imagine who'd be the next spokesperson.

RioGrandeGreen
04-09-19, 15:27
Just got word that the new CBP handgun is a Glock 9mm. Don't know which model yet.

dwhitehorne
04-09-19, 15:46
Wow Colonel Braddock is 79. Damn I’m getting old. David

Firefly
04-09-19, 17:18
Wow Colonel Braddock is 79. Damn I’m getting old. David

.........in my mind Chuck Norris is still going on secret missions with Karate Kommandos.

But in reality he was older than R Lee Ermey...

Chuck will die. There is nobody left.
Nobody I respect.

Except Alita (who oddly is more of a S&W girl)

LMT already uses Bailey Jay

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-09-19, 18:20
.........in my mind Chuck Norris is still going on secret missions with Karate Kommandos.

Nobody I respect.

Thanks for getting me to Google Bailey Jay at work.

She isn't the gal from HK that got fired for trolling Marines.

Diamondback
04-09-19, 18:26
Some more:

So, the obvious meme to this is: "When Chuck Norris teamed with Glock, Glock decided to change its name to Chuck."

That quote could lead to an interesting product line: "Glock By Chuck," every year have him personally hand-build and autograph a dozen to raffle off as charity fundraisers. I don't even LIKE Blocks (or any other Tactical Tupperware :p ) and I'd be down for one of those...

Diamondback
04-09-19, 18:28

She isn't the gal from HK that got fired for trolling Marines.

Fly just showing his weird fetish for trannies and toasters again... :p (I kid, I kid, put the bayonets away.) General Rule, assume anybody Fly name-checks that you haven't heard of before is NSFW.

NWPilgrim
04-09-19, 18:45

I like this!!

Glock isn’t perfect just as Chuck’s early acting wasn’t perfect, but in the real world they both kick ass better than most. I settled on Glocks not long after they came out and still have found nothing significantly better all around worth switching for.

Btw, Steven Seagal got the spokesman position with Raven Arms of .25 fame. While Chuck Norris will have his face engraved on every Glock 40 MOS! I wish.

SteyrAUG
04-09-19, 19:04
Why not Steven Seagal

WHY NOT

Lots of reasons, for starters his imaginary CIA background and his willingness to present the backgrounds of other people as his. There are also other problems.

http://www.eclectica.org/v6n1/dooley_salon.html

SteyrAUG
04-09-19, 19:08

Nobody I respect.

Keep in mind Norris was a US tournament champion in 1967. He did lots of stuff before he started making movies and market action jeans.

jpmuscle
04-09-19, 19:09
I fear my sarcasm passed unnoticed

Campbell
04-09-19, 19:10
Glock is the new spokesmen for Chuck Norris.

Ha!!!!!

Arik
04-09-19, 19:17

She isn't the gal from HK that got fired for trolling Marines.Made that mistake too!?!

BoringGuy45
04-09-19, 19:39
Why not Steven Seagal

WHY NOT

Because Steven Seagal is a fat wannabe ego maniac who lied about just about everything in his life, and acts like he believes he is his movie characters.

Chuck Norris, on the other hand, is known to be an all around great guy who really IS a legendary martial artist. He knows his movies and TV show were over the top, cheesy, and unrealistic, but is able to laugh at himself and have fun with all the facts about him. He's very confident in himself but still comes across as humble. All in all, he's what Seagal wishes he was.

Seagal would be an better spokesman for Taurus or Hi-Point.

The_War_Wagon
04-09-19, 19:43
So that leaves us 1911 guys with... Steven Seagal? :rolleyes:

Diamondback
04-09-19, 19:49

Naw, we got the thousands upon thousands of Doughboys and GI's who played the game For Real Marbles with 'em in WWI, WWII, Korea and Nam. :)

Firefly
04-09-19, 21:50
Actually Steaven Seagal is or was an unironic hypeman for some Russian gun company that made hunting rifles.

He's pretty big in the former Soviet bloc.
Beleeb it or not, Arnold Schwarzenegger did crypto-Glock hype and gave Mr. Glock a huge signed autograph. The Glock 34 was in that gay end of days movie and was the first time it was in a movie. if not even a pre-release model.

per 1911s, good luck finding anyone from Vietnam era not over 60.

I could however see Michelle Rodriguez hyping 1911s. They love 1911s. with all the crap.
Anyways I like Michelle Rodriguez.

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2017/04/04/04-michele-rodriguez-the-assignment.w330.h330.jpg

Diamondback
04-09-19, 22:01
Besides, Joe Mantegna from Criminal Minds is a 1911 snob, outstanding patriot and pretty good arms historian--checkout Gun Stories on Outdoor Channel. So we got him goin' for us, at least...

Firefly
04-09-19, 22:37
Besides, Joe Mantegna from Criminal Minds is a 1911 snob, outstanding patriot and pretty good arms historian--checkout Gun Stories on Outdoor Channel. So we got him goin' for us, at least...

Joe Montana bores me.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/719/21625813012_d2c77ae95b.jpg

Diamondback
04-09-19, 23:08
Joe Montana bores me.

Joe Montana bores me too, along with almost all overpaid, overgrown high-school jocks we pretend grew up and call "professional athletes."

MountainRaven
04-09-19, 23:39
Steven Seagal wasn't in The Expendables 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1O-1K1N_Ik

1911 guys have a man of focus, discipline, and shear f___ing will. 1911 guys have John Wick.

Diamondback
04-09-19, 23:42
Steven Seagal wasn't in The Expendables 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1O-1K1N_Ik

1911 guys have a man of focus, discipline, and shear f___ing will. 1911 guys have John Wick.

We have better. We have Alvin York. John Wick carried mostly Glocks IIRC.

MountainRaven
04-10-19, 00:59

The most common handgun he's carried has been the G26, but that's not the one he's probably used the most.

So far, it's been a P30L, a TTI Glock 34, a Kimber 1911. Plus random pick ups. But in 3, he's carrying an STI. Which I believe will put him at having most often carried a 1911 of one variety or another - unless he only carries it for half the movie, like the Kimber and TTI/G34.

jsbhike
04-10-19, 12:51
They need to have a remake of the buried Ram Charger scene from Lone Wolf McQuade, but have him light a bad guy up with a Glock instead of a shotgun.

Jellybean
04-10-19, 13:57
..I could however see Michelle Rodriguez hyping 1911s. They love 1911s. with all the crap.
Anyways I like Michelle Rodriguez.

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2017/04/04/04-michele-rodriguez-the-assignment.w330.h330.jpg

What, no love for Jane Marie?
:p

That quote could lead to an interesting product line: "Glock By Chuck," every year have him personally hand-build and autograph a dozen to raffle off as charity fundraisers. I don't even LIKE Blocks (or any other Tactical Tupperware :p ) and I'd be down for one of those...

That's actually a great idea....

They also need to do a poster ad with like, Chuck roundhouse kicking Karl Marx in the head while dual-wielding G34s with the line "Glock- the best a man can get"
or something similar... :laugh:
The ad ideas are literally endless...

Firefly
04-10-19, 14:18
Jane Marie the Alt Left journalist?
I dunno...on paper I would but nah.

If I had bill gates money, I would use 21 Savage's song in a Colt 6920 commercial

to be fair he also name checks Glock 30s

The_War_Wagon
04-10-19, 14:38
They need to have a remake of the buried Ram Charger scene from Lone Wolf McQuade, but have him light a bad guy up with a Glock instead of a shotgun.

https://oi212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Ramcharger/P3132589_zpsp6vwzj9b.jpg

I've GOT a Ramcharger, but would rather take on the Jamaican Voodoo Posse like THIS! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHoZ2Ti6xco

I also have Benelli M1 Super90 Tactical, if somebody wants to, ahem, "ride shotgun." :jester:

NWPilgrim
04-10-19, 15:22

One of the best movie odes to the 1911 is Bruce Willis’ b-movie “Last Man Standing”. Two 1911 pistols in a dual shoulder rig.

Make the 1911 The Last Pistol Standing after all our plastic fantastic toys melt back into primordial goo.

Diamondback
04-10-19, 15:28
One of the best movie odes to the 1911 is Bruce Willis’ b-movie “Last Man Standing”. Two 1911 pistols in a dual shoulder rig.

Make the 1911 The Last Pistol Standing after all our plastic fantastic toys melt back into primordial goo.

True... my point was, we don't need Hollyweird Fantasyland when we have REALITY. :)

Arik
04-10-19, 15:29
plastic fantastic toys melt back into primordial goo.

And will still be more reliable! [emoji16][emoji38]

polydeuces
04-10-19, 15:40
I fear my sarcasm passed unnoticed

Męh, totally did give me a CHUCK-le....%~p

TXBK
04-10-19, 19:56
Steven Seagall is a #tacticalasshole. Shit son, I thought errbody knew that.

ABNAK
04-10-19, 20:43
Did you guys know that Chuck Norris's brother was KIA on Firebase Ripcord in July 1970? I was reading about Ripcord one time and came across that tidbit.

Jellybean
04-10-19, 20:53
Jane Marie the Alt Left journalist?
I dunno...on paper I would but nah.

If I had bill gates money, I would use 21 Savage's song in a Colt 6920 commercial

to be fair he also name checks Glock 30s

Nah, the "other" JM... :p

Steven Seagall is a #tacticalasshole. Shit son, I thought errbody knew that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMByDfFMPcE

MAUSER202
04-11-19, 04:44

Nobody I respect.

Bailey Jay, AOC.....that is some strange fetish you got going there. :confused:

joedirt199
04-11-19, 07:19
Did anyone watch the show a while back that showed Stegal as a reserve LT., "Southern Justice" I think, for a parish police department in Louisiana? One of the episodes had Steven helping a Sergant pass his firearms qualification. Stegal was shooting a 1911 and was telling the guy that he doesn't try to put the rounds where he wants them, he wills them to go in the right places. Ofcourse on all the calls he went, he tried to preach to people to get better but all the criminals could could focus on was "dat mutha fcking steven stegal."

Chuck doesn't give the bullets or gun free will, he commands, and the gun/bullets obey.

Grand58742
04-11-19, 07:23

We've still got Sam Elliott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DUFAZcKL3k

Adrenaline_6
04-11-19, 07:42
He might be king douchebag, but I bet Seagal out shoots Norris all day every day

....yea...I said it.

Firefly
04-11-19, 11:34
He might be king douchebag, but I bet Seagal out shoots Norris all day every day

....yea...I said it.

I actually agree. Seagal has a lot put into slicked up 1911s.
That said the only person Steven Seagal has ever beaten up in real life is Kelly LeBrock sooo.....

Doc Safari
04-11-19, 11:36

....yea...I said it.

Chuck Norris would give Steven Seagal a high kick to the side of his head, then stand back while Seagal slowly crumples into a pile of flesh at his feet. Seagal would collapse all the while staring at Chuck Norris with his creepy cross-eyed look that he passes off as "acting."

Chuck Norris would then quietly apologize to the Lord for waiting so long to take out the trash.

Adrenaline_6
04-11-19, 12:57
Chuck Norris would give Steven Seagal a high kick to the side of his head, then stand back while Seagal slowly crumples into a pile of flesh at his feet. Seagal would collapse all the while staring at Chuck Norris with his creepy cross-eyed look that he passes off as "acting."

Chuck Norris would then quietly apologize to the Lord for waiting so long to take out the trash.

Right now, Norris isn't kicking anyone in the head, maybe in the shins if he triple doses his Geritol. Plus, it has nothing to do with out shooting Seagal.

26 Inf
04-11-19, 14:21
I actually agree. Seagal has a lot put into slicked up 1911s.
That said the only person Steven Seagal has ever beaten up in real life is Kelly LeBrock sooo.....

Kelly LeBrock, she was a hottie back in the day, The Women In Red and even a couple of the movies she made with Seagal.

SteyrAUG
04-11-19, 16:18
Kelly LeBrock, she was a hottie back in the day, The Women In Red and even a couple of the movies she made with Seagal.

Weird Science for the win.

Firefly
04-11-19, 16:26

that movie was awesome when I was a kid. Two kids making a chick from a commodore 64 and voodoo

flenna
04-11-19, 19:30

Yep and yep. She provided a lot of daydream material for this teenage boy.

Diamondback
04-11-19, 21:40

Wouldn't call her today particularly a knockout, but at least as of '14 still on the right side of the "Nail or Fail" ledger... I could see the GF and I taking her home for a night of naughty fun if given the chance.

SteyrAUG
04-12-19, 01:39
that movie was awesome when I was a kid. Two kids making a chick from a commodore 64 and voodoo

That movie is still awesome, with the possible exception of John Landis, nobody did "nostalgia for the future" better than John Hughes. Even stuff that completely never happened in the 80s became as iconic to that decade as anything in Happy Days did for the 50's.

His best films are almost as quotable as anything from Monty Python.

ABNAK
04-13-19, 08:39

You know how many little microscopic tadpole swimmers died as a result of that movie? It was a genocide.....:rolleyes:

That and "The Woman in Red".

Doc Safari
04-26-19, 11:34
THIS JUST IN.

Chuck Norris is going to be promoting new "Chuck Norris Toilet Paper".

It's rough, and it's tough, and it doesn't take shit off anybody.

grnamin
04-26-19, 15:51
Why not Steven Seagal

WHY NOT

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

Chuck Norris died 30 years ago. Death just hasn't had the courage to tell him.

Doc Safari
04-26-19, 15:54
Maybe Chuck could go save the NRA while he's at it.

SteveS
05-10-19, 20:27

Perfect !