PDA

View Full Version : DD finally listened to all the bitching - RIS II rails are now available

Adrenaline_6
04-11-19, 13:10
https://danieldefense.com/rails/ris-ii-rail.html

Whoo...dat price dough!

jpmuscle
04-11-19, 13:17
Only 10 years to late....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chef8489
04-11-19, 13:17
That price is the same price as it has been before. Heck their ddm4 rail is around the same price. Mil discount saves a bit on both though.

Rogue556
04-11-19, 13:31
Yeah, they only missed the boat by a few years..

BCM QRF can be had for $160 shipped, and the Centurion C4 is still cheaper.

Not to mention the installation of those rails is a pain in the ass.

I'd pass at $300, honestly.

$440 feels like a slap in the face.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Firefly
04-11-19, 13:46
TOS will love this...

Biggy
04-11-19, 13:48
I have one of their cut down FSB on one of my 11.5 FSB rifles. These days the DD RIS 2 handguards may not be the best deal value wise, but they are proven to be pretty stout and rigid and can take a beating, and they are a part of our country's small arms history. I will not be getting rid of mine anytime soon.

jpmuscle
04-11-19, 13:52
TOS will love this...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190411/a87ef80bd11a94bdf8e0e2dd558a93e1.jpg

#RISmasterrace

Eurodriver
04-11-19, 14:05
pic of lameness

As stated, I don’t get the hype for these rails.

You stole them, so that is an exception.

jpmuscle
04-11-19, 14:07
As stated, I don’t get the hype for these rails.

You stole them, so that is an exception.

Don’t be jelly I got a deal on them

Eurodriver
04-11-19, 14:08
Don’t be jelly I got a deal on them

To me getting a good deal on the RIS is no different than getting a good deal on a Larue, C4, or BCM Rail.

So congrats on your Larue rail deal!

Diamondback
04-11-19, 14:24
Call me when it's Coupon Day, or they do a run of the coveted ones that only Stick and a few others have. :) A GL/SSC at $440 would be worth depleting the Fun Fund as an investment... of course just to spite us they'd probably jack that one to $880.

Stickman
04-11-19, 15:08
Call me when it's Coupon Day, or they do a run of the coveted ones that only Stick and a few others have. :) A GL/SSC at $440 would be worth depleting the Fun Fund as an investment... of course just to spite us they'd probably jack that one to $880.

Nah, once they open the GL/SSC rail production line, the coolness of them vanishes. The exception would be if they released 50 of them, or maybe 100. That would keep them staying with cool status

Stickman
04-11-19, 15:12
Only 10 years to late....

Nah, they sold them as individual units for a long time. Then for a few years, they were sold only as complete URGs, now they are available again.

My guess would be the contracts for the military have dried up, and I'm not sure how long demand for these rails will exist. For guys who want one, I'm not sure how long you will want to wait. Some people will remember the infamous Brownells clearance on these rails from a few years back. They didn't do a blow out clearance sale because they sold well....

jpmuscle
04-11-19, 15:24
Nah, they sold them as individual units for a long time. Then for a few years, they were sold only as complete URGs, now they are available again.

My guess would be the contracts for the military have dried up, and I'm not sure how long demand for these rails will exist. For guys who want one, I'm not sure how long you will want to wait. Some people will remember the infamous Brownells clearance on these rails from a few years back. They didn't do a blow out clearance sale because they sold well....

No I know my point is they were in high demand for a long time with folks paying 7-800. DD was more focused on pumping out boutique crap when they should have been pumping out rails imo. Then the URGI was released.

Eurodriver
04-11-19, 16:26
No I know my point is they were in high demand for a long time with folks paying 7-800. DD was more focused on pumping out boutique crap when they should have been pumping out rails imo. Then the URGI was released.

Were people actually paying those prices or were idiots just listing that high?

I know I tried to sell ammo after sandy hook at $1 a round but nobody bought. And M855 at $1 a round too. I also tried to sell 30rd PMAGs for $50ea. It was more of a social experiment than a true attempt at gouging. (Although I didn’t GAF about gouging. #FreeMarket)

I have never seen anyone who’s actually paid $800 for it. Only people who got them on sale or for ridiculously cheap.

04-11-19, 19:06
I bought mine 10 years ago, and it was certainly not $800. I wish I could remember the price, but I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.

I don’t think its anywhere near the best choice today.

Diamondback
04-11-19, 19:57
Nah, once they open the GL/SSC rail production line, the coolness of them vanishes. The exception would be if they released 50 of them, or maybe 100. That would keep them staying with cool status

Or with my luck they'd only do the flattop when I prefer FSP's... I know, you can get a rail-mount fixed front sight and crank it way out front for longer sight radius, but for some reason (definitely NOT anything based on experience, I'll admit that) I just prefer Old School for "Serious Social Work" irons.

titsonritz
04-11-19, 20:11
$440 is crazy, I paid $250 for my M4A1 FSP rail.

chef8489
04-11-19, 20:35
I still love this rail. I know many people prefer a mlock or keymod with less meat and weight, but to me nothing beats a quad rail and this is a battle proven rail. I have it on my 6.8spc and thinking of putting one on a 5.56 build when I do one.

trauma
04-11-19, 21:38
day late and a dollar short

Zirk208
04-11-19, 23:43
"Financing Available":cool:

Stickman
04-12-19, 07:03
$440 is crazy, I paid $250 for my M4A1 FSP rail.

Back during the Brownells sale/ clearance?

titsonritz
04-12-19, 10:58
Back during the Brownells sale/ clearance?

I got it NIB through a private sale. I suspect that is where they came from, he had several for sale and I wished I had the cash for at least one more.

RHINOWSO
04-12-19, 11:04

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYet DD is still in business, so somehow they survived... :p

jpmuscle
04-12-19, 11:35
Yet DD is still in business, so somehow they survived... :p

So is McDonald’s lol

ginzomatic
04-12-19, 13:22
day late and a dollar short

my thoughts exactly

Sry0fcr
04-12-19, 15:04
Yet DD is still in business, so somehow they survived... :p

Didn't they go through a large layoff about 18 months ago?

Renegade0100
04-12-19, 15:58
It's an excellent rail, but I'd only ever buy one for clone purposes.

CPM
04-12-19, 18:27
Were people actually paying those prices or were idiots just listing that high?

I know I tried to sell ammo after sandy hook at $1 a round but nobody bought. And M855 at $1 a round too. I also tried to sell 30rd PMAGs for $50ea. It was more of a social experiment than a true attempt at gouging. (Although I didn’t GAF about gouging. #FreeMarket)

I have never seen anyone who’s actually paid $800 for it. Only people who got them on sale or for ridiculously cheap.

I’m not sure if you’re an expert level troll, but I wouldn’t admit to that if it would save my mother, let alone write it on the internet to live forever.

flenna
04-12-19, 18:32
day late and $440 short

FIFY.

RHINOWSO
04-12-19, 18:32
Didn't they go through a large layoff about 18 months ago?
Sure, but they likely turn more profit than 99% of the people on this forum.

And pretty much every other company in the industry had it rough after the 2016 POTUS election.

Just saying it's easy to say "Oh, the should do this or that" when sitting in the cheap seats and have zero skin in the game.

RHINOWSO
04-12-19, 18:33
So is McDonald’s lol
Bahahha, then again DD is making more than 95% of the people / trolls on this board, so there is that... ;)

drtywk
04-12-19, 19:01
I just wish we could see more of the GL/SSC versions for sale.

Stickman
04-12-19, 20:51
I just wish we could see more of the GL/SSC versions for sale.

I've heard that a lot, but there isn't a single DD dealer who believes it enough to place a custom order for them. There is a very vocal minority, but its also a very small minority.

For a small run of 50-100 rails, are individuals willing to pay $600 for a GL/SSC? I doubt many people actually are.

Diamondback
04-12-19, 21:02
Hell, I have trouble with $300 at a time for a KAC RAS without exploiting EE's or coupon/discount/sale, even with Enron/Arthur Anderson-grade "creative accounting"...

There has been something recently in the collector community that might give an answer. The Star Wars dorks have been demanding an action-figure version of Jabba's Sail Barge for decades, then hasbro put together a design and ran the numbers to come up with a price and profit threshold (something like 5,000 units at $550 per IIRC), then put up a crowdfund and said "If we get our 5000 sales at $550 per by X Date, we'll produce this, if not we shelve, no cancellations or refunds beyond one month after X Date." Maybe if DD did something similar, possibly asked for a $150 deposit non-refundable unless the project fails to meet quota, that might encourage only the serious folks to chime in with "I'll take one." (Check out HasbroLab.com to illustrate a company-run crowdfund in action--we know Kickstarter and GoFundMe wouldn't be game for hosting this.)

jpmuscle
04-12-19, 21:38
I've heard that a lot, but there isn't a single DD dealer who believes it enough to place a custom order for them. There is a very vocal minority, but its also a very small minority.

For a small run of 50-100 rails, are individuals willing to pay $600 for a GL/SSC? I doubt many people actually are.

Idk you’ve got folks cloning engravings and logos on 80% builds.

Then again some unicorns should maybe be left alone?

El Vaquero
04-12-19, 22:11
The RIS II ain’t my thing but folks were bitching cus they were hard to come by and now DD is selling them and folks are bitching that they’re selling them....

Diamondback
04-12-19, 22:23
Idk you’ve got folks cloning engravings and logos on 80% builds.

Then again some unicorns should maybe be left alone?

And those 80% clones cost more than some live 100%'s, and I'm not talking crappy Andersons... speccing out the C8 project I'm working on, the Atomic Engraving 80% CF-mimic I have penciled in as one option costs as much as the Umbrella Corp I penciled in as Option B. And that's not even getting into tooling or the man-hours of labor...

JulyAZ
04-13-19, 10:24

Stick maybe right about the possible lack of demand of the GL/SSC, I don’t see that standing true for the Mk18 RIS FSB. I would buy that rail in multiples.

That’s the only rail I want. DD knows that demand is there, and yet no offering of it. If Joe is around reading this, let Marty know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigkracka
04-14-19, 17:24
Wow thats overpriced. I remember when they were THE rail, now DD has goofy furniture.

jpmuscle
04-14-19, 18:55
Stick maybe right about the possible lack of demand of the GL/SSC, I don’t see that standing true for the Mk18 RIS FSB. I would buy that rail in multiples.

That’s the only rail I want. DD knows that demand is there, and yet no offering of it. If Joe is around reading this, let Marty know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea a FSB RIS would be as baller as Tiger Woods winning The Masters today.

Firefly
04-14-19, 20:46
Yea a FSB RIS would be as baller as Tiger Woods winning The Masters today.

You mean 10 years too late?

It’s like Debbie Gibson posing naked. At one time it would have been awesome but now who cares?

longshot2000
04-30-19, 22:27
The RIS II ain’t my thing but folks were bitching cus they were hard to come by and now DD is selling them and folks are bitching that they’re selling them....

:lol:

RVTMaverick
05-01-19, 09:03
It’s like Debbie Gibson posing naked. At one time it would have been awesome but now who cares?

LMAO DAM Firefly.... You crack me UP!

Hammered_Pair
05-02-19, 05:12
TOS is all about getting every spec right except the training and testicles to actually use the weapon, basement operations don't count.

DD rails are nice, but I am getting away from the whole rail thing going back to less crap, no point in a carbine weighing as much as a SAW.