PDA

View Full Version : 3 rd burst kit

josey88
11-09-08, 10:52
I wonder I can install one of those Bushmaster 3 rd burst kits in my CD AR-15 ... Is it possible ? It mentions M16 but I just had to ask ...!!! Sorry if it is a stupid question

Iraqgunz
11-09-08, 11:23
No you cannot unless your Bushmaster is already registered as a machine gun. 3 round burst also requires the proper documentation. Unfortunately, you cannot manufacture a fully transferable machine gun any longer.

I wonder I can install one of those Bushmaster 3 rd burst kits in my CD AR-15 ... Is it possible ? It mentions M16 but I just had to ask ...!!! Sorry if it is a stupid question

josey88
11-09-08, 14:16
Bad idea... It was just a thought , and not a good one, as I discovered today.

josey88
11-09-08, 14:19
Yep, it is definitely not a good idea.

IroquoisSnakePlissken
11-09-08, 18:35
It's a fantastic idea.

If you're looking at doin' some hard time.

You don't want a fun switch anyway - it's a monumental waste of ammo.

Parabellum9x19mm
11-09-08, 20:30
even if you could legally have it....3 round burst SUCKS

even if the option was open to me and didn't incur extra cost, filling out paperwork and jumping through hoops, i would rather have semi.

three round burst ruins the trigger pull and increases wear on FCG parts. excluding function checks, i think i flipped the selector on my A4 over to burst about half a dozen time in four years.

Dogface
11-09-08, 21:07
even if you could legally have it....3 round burst SUCKS

even if the option was open to me and didn't incur extra cost, filling out paperwork and jumping through hoops, i would rather have semi.

three round burst ruins the trigger pull and increases wear on FCG parts. excluding function checks, i think i flipped the selector on my A4 over to burst about half a dozen time in four years.

You're serious? Please explain.

Parabellum9x19mm
11-09-08, 21:17
i'm serious. it sucks.

first thing when you flip to three round burst you never know if you're going to get one round, two rounds or three when you pull the trigger.

second thing, even on semi mode the burst kit messes with the trigger pull. its not as consistent. you get one decent trigger pull and two shitty ones. at least that's how it felt to me, but i never tested it out with a Lyman trigger gauge or anything

as far as wear, i thought it was pretty well accepted that the 3 round burst don't hold up as well as regular full auto, but i'm not an armorer or anything.

YMMV, but i never liked 3-round burst. has anyone here who's used 3-round burst actually liked it?

cpekz
11-10-08, 00:58
I've got an m4 for work and burst is pretty gay. An M240B on the combat gas setting is the way to go :D

Iraqgunz
11-10-08, 01:10
I was issued an M16A2 a few years back that I used on a contract. I promptly turned it into an M16A4 and then added a full-auto FCS. Burst sucks and I don't need a mechanical device to limit my rate of fire. All that one needs for that is training.

I also agree that there is more to go wrong inside as well.

i'm serious. it sucks.

first thing when you flip to three round burst you never know if you're going to get one round, two rounds or three when you pull the trigger.

second thing, even on semi mode the burst kit messes with the trigger pull. its not as consistent. you get one decent trigger pull and two shitty ones. at least that's how it felt to me, but i never tested it out with a Lyman trigger gauge or anything

as far as wear, i thought it was pretty well accepted that the 3 round burst don't hold up as well as regular full auto, but i'm not an armorer or anything.

YMMV, but i never liked 3-round burst. has anyone here who's used 3-round burst actually liked it?

SwatDawg15
11-10-08, 01:19
Ive also shot both FA and Burst on rifles while attending LEO training, ect... the burst sucked arse. I would much rather have safe, semi, or safe, semi, auto. I never could get use to the burst, kinda hard to explain but the gun acted weird shorta speak. I never could find use for it anyway. Even with full auto, unless your over in the sandbox, semi is all you really need. JMHO as usual :D

boltcatch
11-10-08, 01:32
You're serious? Please explain.

He's serious. It's not particularly useful.