PDA

View Full Version : Way to carry reload mag for EDC

P2Vaircrewman
04-22-19, 10:37
I may give one of these a try.

https://www.recovertactical.com/collections/magazine-clips/products/mc19-glock-19-magazine-clip-pre-order-shipping-end-of-june?variant=49805256391

Rifleman_04
04-22-19, 11:09
Doesn’t look like a good idea. Can’t use a grip plug which in my opinion is required on a carry gun and it could possibly impede reloading if the clip was bent, damaged or snagged something. Best to keep the magazine carrying system separate from the magazine.

ginzomatic
04-22-19, 11:34
Doesn’t look like a good idea. Can’t use a grip plug which in my opinion is required on a carry gun and it could possibly impede reloading if the clip was bent, damaged or snagged something. Best to keep the magazine carrying system separate from the magazine.

What he said

GTF425
04-22-19, 11:47
If you haven't seen them, check out the Neo Mag. I carry a spare G19 mag in a Neo Mag with the deep clip. Stays in place, looks like a pocket knife, and is versatile enough to use in any style of dress.

P2Vaircrewman
04-22-19, 12:07
Seems there is no universal consensus that a butt plug is a necessity on a carry gun. I have never used one but I don't make it a habit of dragging my gun through the dirt and clean it regularly. The hole also makes it easier to grab the mag and rip it out in a malfunction.

Circle_10
04-22-19, 12:16
Clever idea but I'd worry about the plug/clip part of that getting slightly misaligned and screwing your reload.

I use a SnagMag to carry my reload currently, although it's not exactly perfect either in my opinion, I've had issues with retention in the past and I don't think it's a good choice if you do a lot of running around, climbing things etc, but it generally works for my typical day to day EDC needs. Before that I used a Safariland single horizontal mag carrier. It protected and retained the magazine well but I got tired of the extra encumbrance on my pants belt, hence my decision to go with the SnagMag pocket-carry method.

lsllc
04-22-19, 12:18
I see no advantage to this design. The fact that their video spokesman is wearing an Alien Gear jersey tells me who their target audience is.

Yes, the grip plug is quite helpful, especially for reloads. This prevents that, however, even without a grip plug, ensuring the clip doesn’t interfere is one more complication to the reload.

This system provides nothing that can or be provided by carrying a magazine in more of a traditional fashion but does complicate the process.

Hard pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
04-22-19, 12:31
This falls under the silly gizmo category, no thanks.

Rifleman_04
04-22-19, 16:14
Seems there is no universal consensus that a butt plug is a necessity on a carry gun. I have never used one but I don't make it a habit of dragging my gun through the dirt and clean it regularly. The hole also makes it easier to grab the mag and rip it out in a malfunction.

I’ve carried a gun for a living and every day concealed when I wasn’t working or on duty and I’m amazed at the dust, dirt and lint that makes it’s was up to the trigger parts of a Glock.

gaijin
04-22-19, 16:30
Eeegads.

Good luck with that.