PDA

View Full Version : Locktite on Low Profile Gas Block?

daved
11-09-08, 14:58
Need some advice on the final assembly of my first build. Larue recommends using red Loctite on the their gas block set screws. However, I may want to remove the gas block to disassemble the gun for Duracoating later. How easy is it to remove the set screws after "permanently" Loctite-ing them? Is there an alternative that will keep the set screws secure and allow me to easily remove the gas block later?

Thanks for the assistance.

Iraqgunz
11-09-08, 15:53
It is not permanent. All you would need to to is heat it up to break the screws loose. Since it is very important that the gas block line up correctly and stay in place I would follow their guidance.

Need some advice on the final assembly of my first build. Larue recommends using red Loctite on the their gas block set screws. However, I may want to remove the gas block to disassemble the gun for Duracoating later. How easy is it to remove the set screws after "permanently" Loctite-ing them? Is there an alternative that will keep the set screws secure and allow me to easily remove the gas block later?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dave L.
11-09-08, 16:15
After you dura-coat it, get it pinned in place. I'm having Monty at Centurion pin a Badger Mk-12 gasblock to a SPR barrel this week. It's worth peace of mind.