PDA

View Full Version : Totally stupid guns that are too damn fun...

ramairthree
04-23-19, 13:06
So,
Some people love their Desert Eagle .44, triple barrel shotgun, or whatever.

What ugly, lame, off, etc. gun to you have that you have a ball with?

For me, currently it is a PAK9.
You can swap between Beretta 92 or Glock mags with about a 30 second magwell swap. Unlike a CX4, Sub2000, and some AR versions, it will take subcompact and compact mags as well, not just the full sized mags.

About 650 rounds of various 124 and 147 grain reloads, 115 Walmart Winchester white box, Walmart 115 grain federal champion, Winchester steel, wolf MC steel, TULA steel, and Wolf PP steel,
I have had one malfunction.
A case did not fully eject and kept the bolt from closing on a last round. It is not impossible that this was before it was braced and was being fired one handed extended and sideways with the ejection port facing up during that magazine, while documenting the accuracy potential while fired that way.

A better brace, (I would prefer a narrower, more AK looking non AR tube based brace), slight taller factory sights allowing cowitness, threaded barrel, steel magwells and better handguards might actually make this a more serious category gun instead of fun as hell range toy.

It is also one of those guns that make you wish Magpul would make a 40 round curved Glock compatible magazine.

It is not the flimsy joke I have found the Sub2000’s to be.
Far handier and similar not quite mil duty durability of the CX4.
Nice folding option vs AR based.

There are some fantastic PCC options out there now- at two or three times the price and without common pistol compatibility for magazines though.

https://oi649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/BB77CA86-341D-4428-BBE6-C113C70B035F_zps1a82ri38.jpeg (http://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/BB77CA86-341D-4428-BBE6-C113C70B035F_zps1a82ri38.jpeg.html)g

jsbhike
04-23-19, 13:17
I don't own one, but a pump/lever .22 is a blast to shoot while doing nothing better than bolt or semi auto models and makes prone a hassle.

Doc Safari
04-23-19, 13:29
The 7.62x39 Rashid that I got to shoot many years ago. I call it "stupid" because it's kind of a rare bird and it's "stupid" to go out and shoot the piss out of a collector's item IMHO. But dang it was fun. In my humble assessment it's the gun the SKS should be, but I understand there is evidently a design flaw in that the gas outlet in the receiver gets boiling hot, making it hard to reload with stripper clips. If I'm confusing that with another DI rifle, say so, but that's how I remember it.

We didn't have stripper clips, and we let it cool between each string of rounds, so we never experienced excess heat. I imagine in the midst of an actual battle you'd have soldiers cussing it.

TMS951
04-23-19, 15:45
My H&K Mark23. I'm waiting for my silencer to get out of jail.

My B&T APC223 pistol. It has an 8.75" barrel, its 5.56. Its a flame thrower and will rattle your teeth out. Its so small and folds, its so cool. Obviously ballistics are a joke.

WickedWillis
04-23-19, 16:13
The Ruger PC9 for me. I shot a friends, and I really enjoyed it. I will buy one at some point.

*Edit* I should clarify that I don't think it's stupid, just not my typical style of firearm that I enjoy

TomMcC
04-23-19, 16:26
Mac-11 .380 acp. Totally uncontrollable but pretty fun to shoot.

flenna
04-23-19, 17:25
Heritage .22 single action revolver. That and a brick of .22 ammo is fun all day long.

Arik
04-23-19, 20:58
Just about any surplus firearm

Achilles11B
04-23-19, 21:04
Desert Eagle in .50AE. Rented one just for fun a few years ago, it was a hoot. Yes, it jammed a few times but it was a blast.

AndyLate
04-23-19, 22:35
My 3" Bearcat is kind of stupid compared to my 5 1/2 Single Six - tiny to hold and crap sights. But the smith that cut the barrel smoothed the action, the size is proportional to the .22 lr, and it's a lot of fun.

Firefly
04-24-19, 06:14
Honestly, Glocks.

Yep, Glocks. They are a lazy man’s gun. If you ever see me reach in a drawer and pull out a heavy barrel Model 10 wrapped in an oily rag and loaded with LSWCHPs from underneath a half full bottle of whiskey and some old Hustlers from the 80s; it means shit has gotten real and folks better skip town if they know what’s good for ‘em.

Especially if it’s at dawn...

Todd00000
04-24-19, 10:55
Anything with a binary trigger.

Bulletdog
04-24-19, 20:16
Airguns. Just getting into them and I've been watching lots of videos on them. The ballistics and the accuracy on the high end ones is astounding. I had no idea...

They now make .30 cal, .35 cal, and a .457 cal for deer and hog hunting. No joke. The .457 shoots enormous slugs and generates 411 ft. pound of muzzle energy with air! And they can be legally suppressed without government permission...

As the thread title says: Totally stupid, but a damn lot of fun.