PDA

View Full Version : First outing with M&P45

ralph
11-09-08, 18:12
Bought it earlier this week,(11/3) (Mid size with 4" bbl) and took it out today along with my Charles Daly M4LE carbine. I had bought 2 boxes of CCI brass cased ammo 230gr. and a few (very few) JHP's that I had loaded and also a sparse amount of my LSWC's (200gr)(my Dillon is currently set up for a run of .223, and I'm short on .45 ammo) The M&P shot to point of aim, and proved to be very accurate as many here have said it would be. I was shooting at pop cans ,just plinking, I wanted to see how well it would function, and any accuracy, I figured, would be a plus. I put 5 fired 12 ga shotgun shells from the ranges trash can,(you can tell Deer season is getting close) out about 10yds, and shot at them, Much to my surprise, I hit them all with 7rnds.This thing can shoot! I had no failures of any kind, it just ran. A few of the JHP's were Speer 200gr "flying ashtrays" some handguns won't feed these due to the large size of the hollow point, again, No problem, fed and fired, ejected without any hesitation. The acid test for me was, the 200gr LSWC's My XD 45 will not feed these at all, The way the action is designed it won't do it, and there no mods to make'm work either, with a XD it's either round nosed or truncated cone type of bullets..Much to my surprise, the M&P fed&fired every round of LSWC I had brought, without any problems, and shot them very accurately, and I might add very pleasant to shoot as well. I'm sold.. I'm now pretty sure the XD will be finding a new home soon, The money from it's sale may go toward a M&P in 9mm!!:D

czydj
11-09-08, 18:27
Nice shooting at 10yds! It's good to read another good report on the mid size .45 M&P. I'm really tempted to get one! My full size M&P 9mm has shot everything I've fed it, including some of the HST JHP's that have a very blunt nose. It's also accurate at longer distances than my eyesight will support. I really like M&P the platform.

Please keep the reports coming! I'd really like to hear some reports on the 4th, 5th and 20th outings!