PDA

View Full Version : PSA upper rail canted

RevolutionaryAmoeba7
04-25-19, 17:51
I recently bought a Premium CHF upper with M-Lok free float rail from Palmetto State Armory and the rail is slightly tilted towards the 1 o'clock position. See photo. Will this be an issue? The tilt is very slight so I think I should be able to zero the irons but I'm not sure if it will cause any other problems that would merit sending it back for repair. Was planning on mounting the Daniel Defense front and rear fixed sights and an aimpoint red dot.

TomMcC
04-25-19, 17:58
Just loosen the rail slightly and correct it. I think that could affect your irons.

hk_shootr
04-25-19, 18:27
Typical PSA assembled by monkeys.....loosen, align and tighten

GH41
04-25-19, 19:10
Yea.. What did you expect? Buy junk get junk! No such thing as a free lunch. Did you expect to get something you didn't pay for?

phixion
04-25-19, 22:37
Yea.. What did you expect? Buy junk get junk! No such thing as a free lunch. Did you expect to get something you didn't pay for?

Did you keep that same energy when people received their Colt Trooper with canted rails and sheared bolts, or when KAC released out of spec lowers, or when.. blah.

OP, as has been stated: loosen, align and tighten. I would also contact CS via email and let them know of the issue. Or, if you're a member of "the other site", post it in their industry section and Josiah will get you taken care of.

SA80Dan
04-26-19, 10:26
Yep, easy DIY fix. Do that first before you zero it.

10MMGary
04-26-19, 11:53

I bet he didn't expect a dripping dick response like your's.

To the OP loosen align re-tighten if it really bothers you or makes upper not zero-able.

bamashooter
04-26-19, 14:31
Loosen the handguard a little.
Install a scope etc which grabs both the upper rail and the handguard rail. Hopefully that will align the two.
Tighten handguard.
Remove / re-position optic.

ViniVidivici
04-26-19, 15:29
Yep, easy DIY fix. Do that first before you zero it.

Exactly. No big deal at all, just loosen, align, tighten.

I'm sure you know the trick of easy alignment; while it's loose, bridge the gap with a scopemount, riser, etc.

GH41
04-26-19, 18:23
I bet he didn't expect a dripping dick response like your's.

To the OP loosen align re-tighten if it really bothers you or makes upper not zero-able.

I agree. If you buy from PSA be prepared to be do own customer service.. BTW.. How do you know my dick drips? Have we met before??

Straight Shooter
04-26-19, 18:46

Brother I know that PSA has had their share of foul ups. But considering they are probably one of if not the biggest sellers of AR/M4 rifles, I can understand some of the mistakes. My own dealings with them have been superb each time, and I own two rifles from them, one with 1150 or so rounds has been excellent thus far, not going to shoot the other yet. The other PSA rifles Ive fired, have been excellent according to their owners. I hope you havent been burned or something else by them in the past, but to claim that EVERYTHING/ANYTHING from PSA is junk is simply not true sir. Not wanting a dust-up over this, just my opinion.

RevolutionaryAmoeba7
04-26-19, 19:04
Thanks everyone. I didn't realize I could just loosen the rail myself via the screws on the rail, and the trick of bridging the receiver and rail using a sight (I used a carry handle) to hold it straight isn't something I would have thought to do.

TomMcC
04-26-19, 19:11
Get it sighted in and enjoy it. Anymore question there are many willing to help...just ask.

bamashooter
04-27-19, 13:57
Thanks everyone. I didn't realize I could just loosen the rail myself via the screws on the rail, and the trick of bridging the receiver and rail using a sight (I used a carry handle) to hold it straight isn't something I would have thought to do.

Is it straight now?

26 Inf
04-27-19, 18:30
How do you know my dick drips? Have we met before??

Everybody knows, there was a media blitz:

GH41
04-27-19, 19:46
Everybody knows, there was a media blitz:

Guess I gave more of you the clap than I thought I did. Sorry.

hk_shootr
04-27-19, 20:28
Brother I know that PSA has had their share of foul ups. But considering they are probably one of if not the biggest sellers of AR/M4 rifles, I can understand some of the mistakes. My own dealings with them have been superb each time, and I own two rifles from them, one with 1150 or so rounds has been excellent thus far, not going to shoot the other yet. The other PSA rifles Ive fired, have been excellent according to their owners. I hope you havent been burned or something else by them in the past, but to claim that EVERYTHING/ANYTHING from PSA is junk is simply not true sir. Not wanting a dust-up over this, just my opinion.

The problem is they keep screwing up the same crap,.....over and over.
Their assembly monkeys learn nothing.

phixion
04-27-19, 21:42

To play devil's advocate: in your estimation, what companies can flawlessly assemble ~ 2000 uppers per day?

Number quoted from PSA CEO, Feb. 2019 -- that number will change obviously, but that was their quoted production at the time.

26 Inf
04-27-19, 22:51
Guess I gave more of you the clap than I thought I did. Sorry.

No problem, they gave everyone a shot in the butt and the DI took us out and ran us a couple miles. All is well. I heard the Navy guys got pills.

26 Inf
04-27-19, 22:58
To play devil's advocate: in your estimation, what companies can flawlessly assemble ~ 2000 uppers per day?

Number quoted from PSA CEO, Feb. 2019 -- that number will change obviously, but that was their quoted production at the time.

That seems like quite a few. Maybe that was a production record, even 500 a day comes out to 130,000 a year (with weekends off). Even given a 24 hour day that is 83.333 an hour. Assuming they had a couple lines, that still is scooting them right along.

phixion
04-27-19, 23:18
That seems like quite a few. Maybe that was a production record, even 500 a day comes out to 130,000 a year (with weekends off). Even given a 24 hour day that is 83.333 an hour. Assuming they had a couple lines, that still is scooting them right along.

Indeed.

AR-15 Podcast - Palmetto State Armory (https://firearmsradio.tv/ar-15-podcast/ar-15-podcast-palmetto-state-armory) ::: Podcast released on 2/20/19

@ 31:25: "Our uppers are kinda built to order at this point. We sell about 1500; we build about 2000 a day."

@ 32:03: "Yesterday, we brought in about 2800.. 3000 orders. We shipped about 5000."

Again, those numbers are always changing, but it's mind-blowing nonetheless.

hk_shootr
04-28-19, 07:17

QUALITY
not
QUANTITY

jsbhike
04-28-19, 07:59
Finally remembered where I had seen another rail issue regently.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?214831-I-m-not-quot-digging-quot-my-new-LE6960-as-much-as-I-expected/page2

QUOTE=11Bravo20;2728452]I felt the same way about my LE6960. I had to send my upper to Centurion Arms so they could fix the issues that Colt made when they over torqued the rail system. Centurion replaced the entire rail at no cost. I finally traded my LE6960 this past week at my local GS for a Daniel Defense MK18...…Much happier now.[/QUOTE]

CPM
04-28-19, 08:34

Unless you’re an illiterate pilot or a carpenter, your signature contains a misspelled or incorrectly used word.

phixion
04-28-19, 08:44
QUALITY
not
QUANTITY

I fold.

You got it, chief.

hk_shootr
04-28-19, 21:18
Unless you’re an illiterate pilot or a carpenter, your signature contains a misspelled or incorrectly used word.

Seriously,.....you’re goin to go there? Impressive........bless your sweet heart.

26 Inf
04-29-19, 00:06
pretty much made a post that added nothing to the convo.

Esq.
04-29-19, 11:30

They are the MARKET MAKER IN THE AR15 World. End of story. Like it, don't like it, the numbers don't lie.

Iraqgunz
04-30-19, 04:45
Someone is dreaming or possibly using devil's lettuce.

Indeed.

AR-15 Podcast - Palmetto State Armory (https://firearmsradio.tv/ar-15-podcast/ar-15-podcast-palmetto-state-armory) ::: Podcast released on 2/20/19

@ 31:25: "Our uppers are kinda built to order at this point. We sell about 1500; we build about 2000 a day."

@ 32:03: "Yesterday, we brought in about 2800.. 3000 orders. We shipped about 5000."

Again, those numbers are always changing, but it's mind-blowing nonetheless.