04-26-19, 18:20
Here for all you glock fans:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/25/glock-g45-mos/

one
04-28-19, 02:00
Finally. Been watching for this one.

bobbytucson
05-01-19, 21:19
i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which are all certified glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth

opngrnd
05-01-19, 21:37
i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which are all certified glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth

Its because *most people* don't shoot enough to have it become an issue, and enough of the people who do have their slides milled. That leaves a very small percentage of their customers as dissatisfied customers.

one
05-01-19, 21:51
I had one issue with a Docter Optic coming loose. I lock tightes and didn’t have any further issues. Upon recently switching to an RMR2 I also bought the Trijicon mounting plate and screws for the MOS. I have had no issues.

Though I do agree they should address the thread depth or whatever it takes.

m1a_scoutguy
05-01-19, 23:49
i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which is all certified Glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth

At the "risk" of voiding the Factory Warranty which I'm sure its voided after having the slide milled anyways, could the holes be redrilled deeper and use bigger longer mounting screws? I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket shops realize the potential for a "Fix" for the weak MOS system!

JeffM.
05-02-19, 02:30
At the "risk" of voiding the Factory Warranty which I'm sure its voided after having the slide milled anyways, could the holes be redrilled deeper and use bigger longer mounting screws? I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket shops realize the potential for a "Fix" for the weak MOS system!

IIRC Agency can mill a MOS slide for their AOS plate system, which appears more robust than the MOS system. But at that point I think you'd be money ahead by selling the gun, buying a non-MOS variant, and having the slide milled for a specific optic. Unless you expect to change optics, which is possible as MRDS tech advances, or the specific gun isn't offered in a non-MOS configuration.

Back to the topic, it makes sense that Glock would offer a MOS G45. MRDS on handguns is gaining traction with LE departments, but many depts will want, or even mandate, factory optic-compatible guns.

Walker_Texasranger
05-02-19, 08:55
No thanks. I sent a G45 in to get milled. It’s relatively cheap and very easy and you get a much better mounting platform and the optic sits lower which is a big plus. Don’t understand the pre-milled optic slides.

m1a_scoutguy
05-02-19, 11:04
IIRC Agency can mill a MOS slide for their AOS plate system, which appears more robust than the MOS system. But at that point I think you'd be money ahead by selling the gun, buying a non-MOS variant, and having the slide milled for a specific optic. Unless you expect to change optics, which is possible as MRDS tech advances, or the specific gun isn't offered in a non-MOS configuration.

Back to the topic, it makes sense that Glock would offer a MOS G45. MRDS on handguns is gaining traction with LE departments, but many depts will want, or even mandate, factory optic-compatible guns.

No thanks. I sent a G45 in to get milled. It’s relatively cheap and very easy and you get a much better mounting platform and the optic sits lower which is a big plus. Don’t understand the pre-milled optic slides.

Oh yea I agree,it was just a thought I guess about "fixing" the Factory MOS system. I plan on getting a G45 this Summer for sure and will more than likely get it milled as time goes on. I'm getting ready to send a CZ 07 out to Primary Machine for my 1st MRDS on a gun so I'm excited to get going with it ! I think the G45 will be a good addition also as time moves on ! But like you guys said I'll get a Standard one and just get the slide milled,most places its like $160 & then return shipping,,not bad really.

05-02-19, 12:01

There are aftermarket plates that have much more thread engagement. I’ve ordered one, because RMR to the face hurts like hell.

RWH24
05-02-19, 13:02

Me neither. SLIDES MILLED by Doug at ATEI Guns

donlapalma
05-02-19, 16:56
Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in-stock so I scooped it up. Mounted a RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.

3ACR_Scout
05-03-19, 11:49
Its because *most people* don't shoot enough to have it become an issue, and enough of the people who do have their slides milled. That leaves a very small percentage of their customers as dissatisfied customers.
I’m curious to know why we haven’t heard of it being a problem for USASOC (as far as I know). They’ve been using the G19 MOS since Gen 3 (can’t remember if that was before or after the introduction of the Gen 4 MOS to the civilian market). I would think they certainly shoot enough to identify it as an issue. I’ll ask one of their armorers on another forum.

RWH24
05-04-19, 12:52
Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in-stock so I scooped it up. Mounted a RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.

I understand your reasons and yes, it is a way to get into MRDS on pistols.

MWAG19919
05-04-19, 13:05
Yeah for a while I was really tempted by the G40 MOS, but I read about similar issues. If I ever step up to 10mm it’ll be a G20 that I have milled (and an aftermarket barrel with a fully supported chamber).

m1a_scoutguy
05-04-19, 13:52
There are aftermarket plates that have much more thread engagement. I’ve ordered one because RMR to the face hurts like hell.

Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in stock so I scooped it up. Mounted an RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.

Hey, guys quick question "without" starting a whole new thread. My slide is out getting milled so I have 2 questions while I wait. I have an RMR 2 and it's the 1st one I have owned & I know nothing about them, but I am assuming/guessing there is NO bottom plate/cover over the battery? I hear guys talk if the dot flickers or is intermintend they put a piece of black tape on the gun to shim it ! I guess if it seals it and no elements can get in the battery compartment then its OK,just seems weird there is no cover of any kind !
The second question is who makes the "aftermarket" plates for the Glock MOS system? Ballpark $$$ if you have an idea, Thanks.

donlapalma
05-04-19, 14:56
I have an RMR 2 and it's the 1st one I have owned & I know nothing about them, but I am assuming/guessing there is NO bottom plate/cover over the battery?

Correct. I had to use a mounting kit - Trijicon (AC32064) which was $16.

05-04-19, 15:09
The second question is who makes the "aftermarket" plates for the Glock MOS system? Ballpark $$$ if you have an idea, Thanks.

I bought a C&H Precision Weapons RMR plate and screws for my MOS. It was $44 and arrived in a week. Seems solid so far, more so than the Glock plate.

RWH24
05-05-19, 17:34
Sealing Plate for RMR

http://jagerwerks.com/trijicon-rmr-sealing-plate/

m1a_scoutguy
05-05-19, 20:33
Sealing Plate for RMR

http://jagerwerks.com/trijicon-rmr-sealing-plate/

I found and bought the same plate from Trijicon's website,,,, Only $8.50 there,, but killed me on Shipping, $10++ :o Didn't really need it but thought I did,, Oh well! I can now scuba dive with my RMR,, LOL! Oh yea,, Jagerwerks cost more but FREE shipping !! Dooooh! :cool: