PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Endgame (Review)

WillBrink
04-27-19, 08:13
I have not gone to a theater to see a super hero movie since original SuperMan if that tells you anything. But, this one getting so much build up and hype, and I wanted something mellow to do Fri night, I decided to check it out. For such a long movie, there's not as much action as one might expect. Much time taken up with the aftermath of losing half the population of the universe and so forth, and set up for how they plan to fix it, and so forth. It's ultimately a pretty satisfying albeit predictable conclusion to the saga for those who enjoy the Avengers movies. A few well known Avengers do check out permanently, so if there's more in the series, it will be a different approach no doubt. Worth going to the theater for? Unless you're a die hard Avengers fan, no. Worth seeing if you enjoyed the last one? For sure. B+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c

Firefly
04-27-19, 10:22
It was dumb. Stupid. Captain Feminism ruined every scene. And I now hate marvel.

The ending was unsatisfying amd the last good Marvel movie was Winter Soldier

WillBrink
04-27-19, 10:30
It was dumb. Stupid. Captain Feminism ruined every scene. And I now hate marvel.

The ending was unsatisfying amd the last good Marvel movie was Winter Soldier

Never found any of the Avengers movies all that great, but this one checked off the boxes for the series, and yes, some annoying all inclusive feminism run amok scenes toward the end. I didn't particularly like Winter Soldier and find Captain America a generally annoying character: a Boy scout with less than impressive super powers who would get his arms torn off by legit super heroes yet some how seems to avoid it. For those who like the series, I thought it was OK. Great, no.

Firefly
04-27-19, 10:38
Never found any of the Avengers movies all that great, but this one checked off the boxes for the series, and yes, some annoying all inclusive feminism run amok scenes toward the end. I didn't particularly like Winter Soldier and find Captain America a generally annoying character: a Boy scout with less than impressive super powers who would get his arms torn off by legit super heroes yet some how seems to avoid it. For those who like the series, I thought it was OK. Great, no.

Bruh.....

Weak. Captain America is interesting because he represents Truth, Justice, and the American Way. All American underdog hometown kid who gets his chance.

Winter Soldier represents the other side. The Dark Side. It was just a job. He just wanted to go home. Left for dead. Forgotten. Misused. Tragic. People forget, only the survivors of WWII got the glory. Tell it to an amputee that someone else's war was worth it

Going further Punisher represents Vietnam. Nobody helped him so he helped himself.
The hard way.

War Machine is the Egotistical diversity hire using appropriated weapons technology and is smug and I hate his guts because he's only in it for The Man

and I dont know where to begin with Captain Marvel .....

#BombWakanda
#ThanosDidNothingWrong

KingCobra
04-27-19, 11:16
I personally think you guys are way off base here.

The movie was absolutely amazing, and all 600 other individuals in the same theater as me agreed judging from the amount of screaming, cheering, and crying (tears of joy and sorrow) involved. I believe any other diehard Marvel fan will feel the same as me here.

I'd also like to point out that the "checking out" of main characters is due to this being the last Avengers movie, hence "Endgame", however there will still be other marvel movies - Guardians 3, the new Spider-Man, among a few others will continue.

WillBrink
04-27-19, 11:21
I personally think you guys are way off base here.

The movie was absolutely amazing, and all 600 other individuals in the same theater as me agreed judging from the amount of screaming, cheering, and crying (tears of joy and sorrow) involved. I believe any other diehard Marvel fan will feel the same as me here.

I'd also like to point out that the "checking out" of main characters is due to this being the last Avengers movie, hence "Endgame", however there will still be other marvel movies - Guardians 3, the new Spider-Man, among a few others will continue.

I gave it a B+, so obviously it didn't suck. To repeat, for those who like the Avengers movies, worth seeing yes.

Ps, The day I shed tears of joy or sorrow at a super hero movie, is the day I pack it in man.

jmoore
04-27-19, 12:22
Most important question!!!!!!!

For us old geezers with unhappy prostates - when is the best time to go download the bladder without missing too much?????? THREE PLUS HOURS - REALLY?????

geezer john

KingCobra
04-27-19, 12:39

For us old geezers with unhappy prostates - when is the best time to go download the bladder without missing too much?????? THREE PLUS HOURS - REALLY?????

geezer john

2 hours and 45 minutes. Anywhere before the 1 hour 45ish mark.

m1a_scoutguy
04-27-19, 13:28
Just came from it, overall a great movie! It ended well & put a finish on a few things. For those that have not seen it and plan on it, this isn't a spoiler but I thought it was kinda weird how the Hulk was between Bruce and the Hulk, OK, but why I guess. For the Avengers fan, A+ I feel, great flic ! I guess I'm lucky,I'm 65 and made the whole movie,,LOL !!! :D
PS: Look for Stan,, cool spot !! :happy:

VIP3R 237
04-27-19, 13:36
I really enjoyed it overall, Yeah the pro women power scenes received an eye roll from me but that’s the world we live in. I wish the focused more on the post snap world, but overall it was excellent.

MountainRaven
04-27-19, 13:50

geezer john

A review I heard on NPR, the reviewer said he went in thirsty, with nothing to drink, and was glad that he did when the movie ended.

Firefly
04-27-19, 16:59
Bakugan to say I only saw part one because of Netflix and part 2 because it was free and kinda boring.

I did however see Alita 5 times and demand a sequel. If they follow the timeline of the comics she carries cowboy guns and a 10mm snubnose, roams the wild wastes, and gets a boyfriend who should be played by John Cena.
It also has more cyborg murder and Panzer Kunst and she gets a cat tale.

diving dave
04-28-19, 09:30
I'd go see it if Venom was in it and eats half the cast.

Jsp10477
04-28-19, 09:34
2 of the best 3 characters are gone. Good place to stop watching MCU movies. The girl power stuff was lame.

donlapalma
04-28-19, 21:27
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was very entertained and left feeling satisfied. Sure it had its faults, but overall it was a worthy entry into the MCU in my opinion.