PDA

View Full Version : Modify 2010 M&P 9mm?

Send it...
04-30-19, 14:26
I won a M&P 9mm years ago. And I just now took it out of the box. I’m thinking of grabbing the Apex Trigger Kit and a Barrel. And woking with it a bit. Is it worth it on the older platform M&P’s? Or just start new? Will the newer sear block assembly drop in? Any experienced folks out there have any feedback?

Thanks.

dwhitehorne
04-30-19, 15:15
I would start over. In 2010 none of the updates where really out then. Additionally S&W went through about 3 different versions of the striker in that time frame because of breakage. Not sure if any of the newest stuff from Apex fits. I know at one point I bought a sear from them that did not work in my older 40 cal. I’m assuming your 2010 is one that has the Novak style ramp rear sight and not the newer stepped rear sight. That was how I tell the difference between older models with the older sear assembly and barrel. David.

TomMcC
04-30-19, 18:25
The older M & P's had the small sear return plunger, Apex sears need the large one. I changed out the sear block on mine.

MegademiC
04-30-19, 21:07
I won a M&P 9mm years ago. And I just now took it out of the box. I’m thinking of grabbing the Apex Trigger Kit and a Barrel. And woking with it a bit. Is it worth it on the older platform M&P’s? Or just start new? Will the newer sear block assembly drop in? Any experienced folks out there have any feedback?

Thanks.

Shoot groups at 25yds+ and see how it does.
If there are issues, move on.
If it shoots well, keep it.

Send it...
05-02-19, 09:43
Thanks fellas. Im gonna group it a bit and see how it shoots n go from there.

Send it...
05-12-19, 23:40
Shot pretty good. Stock trigger is terrible though.

Ok changing out the sear block was easy. $25 online.

Striker changed to the latest version $21

“H” trigger bar installed as recommended by Apex also. $25

So, Im into it about $75 and the cost of the trigger kit from Apex.

Will see how it shoots now....

opngrnd
05-13-19, 00:25
If that's all it takes to make it shoot well, I'd be happy with it. I played the lottery with the 1st gens for a while but gave up when I couldn't get two that shot remotely the same with common ammo types. If I could have got them to shoot well, I'd have kept them.

Send it...
06-27-19, 21:39
Man, Im glad I did this upgrade. Been shooting the crap outta this pistol. Pretty accurate now. Great trigger.

opngrnd
06-27-19, 23:14
Man, Im glad I did this upgrade. Been shooting the crap outta this pistol. Pretty accurate now. Great trigger.

Which trigger did you do?

Bodhi
06-28-19, 01:45

Good to hear. I've seen quite a few gen 1 PD trade-ins come around for $300 with NS

RWH24
06-28-19, 14:08

Congratulations...I got an M&P9 LEO trade in. small sear plunger spring and older trigger bar. I replaced those and used a new barrel from a newer 1.0 an APEX barrel went into. APEX DUTY CARRY kit and the Poly trigger. I paid 229.00, sold for 400 like an idiot. It was in A+ condition, hardly any wear on barrel or holster finish wear.
I don't mind the hinge trigger on my Shield, don't care for them on the FS models. 1.0 or 2.0.

Send it...
06-28-19, 22:36
Which trigger did you do?

Apex Flat Forward Set with the Lighter spring. Trijicon HD XR’s shoots poa/poi at 25 yds well.