PDA

View Full Version : ETS AR Magazines?

Collin223
04-30-19, 18:41
Local gun store has them for around 14$ are they any good? I love that they are see through and cheaper than Lancers.

Straight Shooter
04-30-19, 19:12
Ive got MANY ETS pistol mags..9mm Glock mags...and several snap together ETS AR mags. They are wonderful. Have been 100%. Well made, tough, drop free, Ive kept them loaded for extended times, no problems. Got one in two rifles now.
The pistol mags are superb also. Been using both for a few years now. $14 Bucks is an EXCELLENT price...get as many as you can.

Collin223
04-30-19, 20:36
Thank you I’ll be sure to stock up!!

Wake27
04-30-19, 20:51
I’ve never understood the point. Gen M3 PMAGs can be had for around $13-15 and USGI are known to be much cheaper. I don’t understand the point of spending money on anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collin223
04-30-19, 21:02
I’ve never understood the point. Gen M3 PMAGs can be had for around $13-15 and USGI are known to be much cheaper. I don’t understand the point of spending money on anything else.

I have a bunch of those, why not mix things up

Caduceus
04-30-19, 21:05
As opposed to the above, I've had lots of problems with the pistol mags. Never run their AR mags. I sold the pistol ones.

Wake27
04-30-19, 21:22
I have a bunch of those, why not mix things up

I’ve never seen the point. If I find something that works, I’ll stick with it until proven otherwise or something is proven better. Wastes less money that way.

26 Inf
04-30-19, 21:27
Unlike Caduceus, I've used over a dozen of the pistol mags as my go to mags for action pistol - I liked them because they were clear, and cheaper than Glock mags.

I have a couple of their AR mags with couplers and they just didn't trip my trigger. No functional issues that I recall.

I also echo the comment regarding cost - especially of USGI mags.

Zirk208
04-30-19, 21:39
Spending more per mag, on an unknown...just to mix things up?

Defaultmp3
04-30-19, 22:28
What I've been told is that the polyethersulfones that ETS uses are too soft, and have durability issues due to how grit can wear them down. I've also been told that the translucent Lancers use a polycarbonate that has impact modifiers and a chemical-resistant coating to deal with solvents and plasticizers, which means less surface hardness compared to standard polycarbonate, and the coating degrades over time.

I've seen a lot of folks have issues with ETS Glock mags in USPSA.

I see no reason to deviate from PMAGs in .223/5.56 for ARs. For .308/7.62 magazines, I have heard of enough issues with the PMAGs that I'll go for the Lancers.

Iraqgunz
05-01-19, 03:03
Unless mixing it up means I am spending less money and getting something as good as, it's pretty pointless.

Straight Shooter
05-01-19, 17:43
As opposed to the above, I've had lots of problems with the pistol mags. Never run their AR mags. I sold the pistol ones.

What were the problems with the pistol mags?
Were they some of the first run mags? Those had spring problems that were acknowledged by ETS, and solved for free with a new spring for the asking.
Id be interested to hear what your issues were.

Straight Shooter
05-01-19, 17:53

What I've been told is that the polyethersulfones that ETS uses are too soft, and have durability issues due to how grit can wear them down. I've also been told that the Lancers use a polycarbonate that has impact modifiers and a chemical-resistant coating to deal with solvents and plasticizers, which means less surface hardness compared to standard polycarbonate, and the coating degrades over time.

I've seen a lot of folks have issues with ETS Glock mags in USPSA.

I see no reason to deviate from PMAGs in .223/5.56 for ARs. For .308/7.62 magazines, I have heard of enough issues with the PMAGs that I'll go for the Lancers.

Ive got Lancer mags that are over 11-12 years old, Ive used the hell out of, and still use. Thay are still loaded right now, and Ill bet anyone here $1000 I could load them into any of my AR's and empty them riki tik.
Also- the ETS mags Ive got, Ive had for years and used the shit out of them, especially the pistol mags. I call BULLSHIT on what you were told.
Other than being dirty and scratched, they look like they did when new.
Im not associated nor do I make a dime from Lancer or ETS, and couldnt care less if someone bought them or not, but BULLSHIT, is BULLSHIT...and saying they "degrade" over time, that "grit" wears them out, or have "durability" issues, some of that is the same crap we heard about Glock when they first came out.
Out of the 3 dozen or so I own, Theyve all been GTG.

Firefly
05-01-19, 17:57
I like mine. Any niggles you have are personal problems and a direct reflection of your upbringing

Sry0fcr
05-02-19, 10:35
Unless mixing it up means I am spending less money and getting something as good as, it's pretty pointless.

markm
05-02-19, 13:53
I've run an AR mag for a while. I like it. I would buy some more, but I'm simply in no need of another 30 round magazine of any kind.

We mostly run 20 rounders for prone shooting. So if they made a 20, I'd definitely buy 4 or 5.

Caduceus
05-04-19, 12:50
Pistol mags not dropping free from glocks. Feeding problems with AR-9 pattern rifle (which could be the rifle, I guess). No real feed problems but just never grew on me, so I sold the remainder off.