PDA

View Full Version : Just Noticed Something That Looks Seriously Wrong with My Sig Romeo 4H or Maybe Not?

Nightvisionary
05-01-19, 20:32
I received this Sig Romeo 4 H almost two years ago from Sig after returning a previous Romeo 4 for a warranty repair. Aside from a range trip or two it has sat in the safe since I got it. Today I decided to mount it on a different rifle. I took the flip up lens covers off the optic for the first time and noticed the objective lens is mounted/epoxyed at a sideways angle within the body. The lens contacts one small portion of what looks to be a stop or retaining ring. I guess this could be a requirement to superimpose the red dot on the lens but it just doesn't look right. When looking from the rear it looks normal and from what I recall it functioned fine the last time I used it. Thoughts?

Coal Dragger
05-01-19, 20:39
The objective lens on any red dot sight has to be angled in order for the sight to work. It’s normal, even for high quality red dot sights. Move on.

Nightvisionary
05-01-19, 20:53
The objective lens on any red dot sight has to be angled in order for the sight to work. It’s normal, even for high quality red dot sights. Move on.

That's what I figured but it sure doesn't look as well mounted/executed as the angled objective lens on my DI Optical RV-1. As long as it works Im happy. Thanks for the feedback.