PDA

View Full Version : Trump pardons Lt. Behenna

ABNAK
05-07-19, 05:38
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michael-behenna-pardon-donald-trump-iraq-war-al-qaeda

I'm okay with this. One thing though: the article mentions a pardon and also clemency. I wonder which it is? A pardon wipes his record clean, clemency frees him but he still has that conviction (right?).

NWPilgrim
05-07-19, 06:00
His lawyer requested a pardon but he received clemency according to the article.

Overall sounds like he deserved a pardon: prosecution’s own analyst findings supported the Lt.’s claim of self-defense and prosecution did not turn that over to the defense. That’s why the Army Clemency Board later reduced his sentence so much and paroled him early.

I guess if you don’t punish prosecutors when they violate the law then they feel free to abuse the system.

Diamondback
05-07-19, 10:12
I guess if you don’t punish prosecutors when they violate the law then they feel free to abuse the system.

That's precisely how we got Robert "Oswald 2.0" Mueller and Andrew "American Heydrich" Weissman's seditious antics...

glocktogo
05-07-19, 11:51
Bout time. Hope it's a full pardon.

platoonDaddy
05-07-19, 13:05
Not being a lawyer:

I think Pardon = Forgiveness for the charge; Clemency = no further punishment

My $.02

LoboTBL
05-07-19, 13:09
According to this, Lt. Behenna was granted a full pardon.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/07/720967513/trump-pardons-former-soldier-convicted-of-killing-iraqi-prisoner

NWPilgrim
05-07-19, 14:08
I hope the pardon is the actual fact. Sounds like he deserves that.

MountainRaven
05-07-19, 14:10
I would say something about being ware of what you wish for, but then I remembered that Lon Horiuchi didn't spend a day in prison.

Firefly
05-07-19, 16:13
Why was he even charged?

titsonritz
05-07-19, 17:36
Why was he even charged?

Because liberal commie whores have been allowed to exist and spread like cancer.

ABNAK
05-07-19, 18:11
Now that this is adjudicated I will say this: I did a sleep study (for sleep apnea) on Behenna's former platoon sergeant 8 or 9 years ago. He was not on the patrol the night of the incident. He said Behenna took it personally whenever one of his guys got blown up, as this was the primary kill method at the time. He said Behenna took it too much to heart, that it bothered him too much. When he finally had the opportunity to have control of one of the assholes responsible he wanted to see to it that justice was served. The platoon sergeant (to his credit) didn't say what he thought happened that night but it was basically (paraphrasing) "He got what he deserved". Not Lt. Behennna mind you, but the hadji. These were the platoon sergeant's guys too remember. Behenna had already been sentenced at that point and he didn't think it was right.

Firefly
05-07-19, 19:07
All imma say is that Col. Kurz wasn't the bad guy and I hope somebody Cobra Kai's Apocalypse Now

platoonDaddy
05-07-19, 19:28
Check out Hannity tonight, he will be there with his 1st interview.

sundance435
05-09-19, 15:44
Not being a lawyer:

I think Pardon = Forgiveness for the charge; Clemency = no further punishment

My $.02

That's generally correct, but the media gets it wrong all of the time, so it's hard to say just going off of media accounts. There's interesting backstory as to what happens if you do receive a full presidential pardon, whether it erases the conviction completely or not and restores full constitutional rights. It is, after all, only a pardon for federal crimes.

jpmuscle
05-09-19, 16:43
Now that this is adjudicated I will say this: I did a sleep study (for sleep apnea) on Behenna's former platoon sergeant 8 or 9 years ago. He was not on the patrol the night of the incident. He said Behenna took it personally whenever one of his guys got blown up, as this was the primary kill method at the time. He said Behenna took it too much to heart, that it bothered him too much. When he finally had the opportunity to have control of one of the assholes responsible he wanted to see to it that justice was served. The platoon sergeant (to his credit) didn't say what he thought happened that night but it was basically (paraphrasing) "He got what he deserved". Not Lt. Behennna mind you, but the hadji. These were the platoon sergeant's guys too remember. Behenna had already been sentenced at that point and he didn't think it was right.

HIPAA Wut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
05-09-19, 18:35
HIPAA Wut

No name, no patient info at all. Sorry, BZZZTTT!

SteveS
05-10-19, 17:54
Excellent.