PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control and Hollywood

LRS143
11-10-08, 07:33
Thinking last night when I saw the ad for a movie with Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. I can't remember the name of the film but it's actors playing soldiers; pretty common in Hollywood along with every other movie that has a handgun or rifle in it that might be on a future list of banned weapons.
Weapons in film are sometimes real that's why they have handlers for them to make sure they're loaded with blanks or not loaded at all whichever is called for.
What would gun control legislation do the the film industry if all the "evil" assault style weapons were eventually confiscated from the general public? The "handlers" in Hollywood are civilians so they would not have access to these evil bad guns once they were picked up. I know this is far fetched and probably not something that we'll see in the near future, but at the same time it is possible. I think Hollywood might not like this when it begins to effect they're ability to make ridiculous amounts of money.

Iraqgunz
11-10-08, 07:44
LRS,

A couple of things. Hollywood would most likely get a free pass just like they do when it comes to everything else so I wouldn't be concerned. Even though Kalifornia has draconian laws I believe that theatrical props and companies are exempted even at this time from restrictions.

Confiscation is a non-starter. I do not think that it will ever happen for a variety of reasons. One of which would be the amount of persons who would forcible resist such an action.

Thinking last night when I saw the ad for a movie with Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. I can't remember the name of the film but it's actors playing soldiers; pretty common in Hollywood along with every other movie that has a handgun or rifle in it that might be on a future list of banned weapons.
Weapons in film are sometimes real that's why they have handlers for them to make sure they're loaded with blanks or not loaded at all whichever is called for.
What would gun control legislation do the the film industry if all the "evil" assault style weapons were eventually confiscated from the general public? The "handlers" in Hollywood are civilians so they would not have access to these evil bad guns once they were picked up. I know this is far fetched and probably not something that we'll see in the near future, but at the same time it is possible. I think Hollywood might not like this when it begins to effect they're ability to make ridiculous amounts of money.

thopkins22
11-10-08, 08:30
Gun control doesn't exist if you have enough money....

Gunrider
11-10-08, 08:48
The movie gun rental companies are already exempted here (Hollywood) from gun laws that the rest of us have to follow -- and think about this -- when you see Robert Downey Jr., with a gun in his hands -- he has a criminal record in real life -- if that were you or I we would not be allowed to be in possession of a class III firearm.

When the next AWB happens, they will be allowed to keep the full autos used in movies -- many of which have been altered to ONLY accept BLANKS.

LRS143
11-10-08, 09:33
That's why I asked... I didn't know how it worked. Thanks!

Cagemonkey
11-10-08, 18:08
I wish the gun rental companies would make a stand for the 2nd amendment and boycott Hollywood. Million dollar action film is going to look pretty dumb with replicas.

thopkins22
11-10-08, 21:15
I wish the gun rental companies would make a stand for the 2nd amendment and boycott Hollywood. Million dollar action film is going to look pretty dumb with replicas.

You mean you wish they would go bankrupt? LOL

I don't think they care about the second amendment...I think the rental companies(and the actors they service) think that they are better, more upstanding citizens than the rest of us, and of course can be trusted with weapons.

Sort of like Rosie O'donnel having an armed bodyguard.

Gunrider
11-10-08, 21:21
I think you have to understand that gun rental services are manned by people who LOVE guns, and love our freedom. I order to possess these full auto weapons and rent them out, they are subjected to stringent controls. They have to take pristine, rare guns and (in most cases) butcher them to shoot only blank ammo. In New York, the top rental house can only rent a gun if it can NEVER be modifies back to using live ammunition. On top of that, they have to comply with all the state and local laws where the films are shooting.

Are they supposed to give up their livelihood because you're upset they can have a PSG-1 and you can't?

The way things are going these blank modified weapons in movies may be the only guns we see anymore.

MIKE G
11-11-08, 11:01