PDA

View Full Version : still looking for a rail system

St.Michael
11-10-08, 10:37
I am looking for a 12" free float for my bushy. I know of Daniel Defense and was thinking of getting theirs but as you all know they aren't cheap. I mean I am not trying to cheap out just get a good price. I was also looking at a YHM or Troy free float system in a 12". Anyone have any other good companies I might have missed? Any recommendations? Thanks

matthewdanger
11-10-08, 10:42
I've had great luck with the Daniel Defense Omega rail, it is a bit cheaper compared to their other excellent offerings. Also, LaRue makes a great rail. You also might find something you like at Superior Weapons Systems.

St.Michael
11-10-08, 12:08
Yeah I am having a solid one put on. I was going to get the omega, I just can't decide. lol.

Dogface
11-10-08, 12:50
Anyone have any other good companies I might have missed?
Midwest Industries

RHR
11-10-08, 13:27
LaRue (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=51)

St.Michael
11-10-08, 14:05
yea larue is good. 300 hundred though. ugh that kills me. especially when it's time to buy more lowers. i swear i feel like im trying to stretch a dollar out of a nickel.

Dogface
11-10-08, 18:39
yea larue is good. 300 hundred though. ugh that kills me. especially when it's time to buy more lowers. i swear i feel like im trying to stretch a dollar out of a nickel.
Kinda depends on what's most important to you... internet bragging rights or something that simply works for a decent price. A Porsche will always be better than a Chevy, but at some point, for the mission, it can be overkill. I am TOTALLY happy with the MI floater, it holds my accessories well, looks good and is half the price of the LaRue. I DO wish it had a Texas logo on it however :)

XDkid
11-10-08, 21:22
I have a Danial Defense Light 9.0 on my new build and it is a great rail. On my old rifle (which was sold) I had the YHM free float. Both are great, the Daniel defense is better though.

Check out Troy, KAC, La Rue, Troy are all top quality hand guards that come to mind. Stay away from off brand stuff like UTG.

SwatDawg15
11-11-08, 00:54
All the major brands, Troy, MI, Larue, DD, ect are great. I like the Troy stuff. Im also fixing to bite da bullet and get a Troy 10 FF Rail.

St.Michael
11-11-08, 08:44
yeah I might go with the troy 13.5 on my carbine. I wanna get a bi pod as far up as I can on the rail. it seems like the best price. I want the DD really bad, but damn it's expensive. it would be cool to have my name on my rail though. :D