PDA

View Full Version : Recommended LPKs?

steve2267
11-10-08, 11:07
I know that Grant's G&R Tactical Lower Parts Kit is highly regarded... but he shows zero (0) stock at the moment.

What Lower Parts Kits (LPK) are highly regarded? Stag? RRA? Doublestar? DPMS?

Are there any LPKs to be avoided at all costs, or that have a "problem" reputation?

For whatever it's worth (probably not much), at one point I had heard "questionable" things about DPMS LPKs. I'm not sure that was or is warranted, or is it? Are DPMS LPKs "good"?

Are Stag LPK's simply CMT LPK's sold to the public? I mean, Stag's building is literally next door to Continental Machine Tool in Connecticut.

Sorry for all the questions... my searching did not turn up anything reasonably quickly. Thanks for any/all help.

Boss302
11-10-08, 11:12
Stag/RRA = CMT

I've used DPMS, CMT, DoubleStar, and Anvil Arms. I prefer CMT and Anvil Arms.

gishooter
11-10-08, 11:22
I think the best ones in the last discussion were Colt (specialized arm, Expensive)
LMT, and Grant. Noveske uses CMT LPK in there carbines and everyone raves about there product but they have real good QC...I have a Colt, a CMMG (which I think is god stuff and I think they make there own but don't qoute me) and a POF, not sure who makes POF LPKs but I don't like there trigger at all (not the timney). I have heard that RRA has a great 2 stage trigger. Hope his helps by the way I have heard to avoid DPMS but I have no expereince other than their 308 LPK which I never had a problem with.

Buckeye67
11-10-08, 12:23
I just finished putting a CMT/Stag LPK into a CMMG stripped lower. I picked the CMT LPK based on recommendations on various forums. The parts were finished quite nicely - no flash or mold lines on any of the parts.

This was my first-ever attempt at building an AR and the LPK fit the CMMG lower perfectly. I was really quite surprised at how well it went together. The trigger (just the standard AR trigger) is pretty good right out of the box too. I think for the price it's a great bargain.

ETA: Hey, first post. Looks like I've de-lurked. :p