PDA

View Full Version : Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now

jmtgsx
11-10-08, 13:32
I looked to see if anyone had linked this from TOS, but I didn't see it.
This is NOT about a million gun march. This is something that we all can realistically be involved in.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480&page=1

This is a co-operative effort, a grass roots organization idea.

JediMindTricks
11-10-08, 14:21
I'm in! I'll do what I can to help.

HAMMERDROP
11-10-08, 14:37
I know TOS is not M4C but it may be time to unite ... I think I was babbling on another post last week about it taking a 'grassroots' effort to re-establish 2a as the force the USA once was. And collectively we could drive the anti-crowd nuts.
Because when all of us are shaken out onto the planks we are from every LEGIT walk of life every eco-state every profession in the country and unless we merge
together as one we will crumble as many ...

Michael

Gutshot John
11-10-08, 14:40
I know TOS is not M4C but it may be time to unite ... I think I was babbling on another post last week about it taking a 'grassroots' effort to re-establish 2a as the force the USA once was. And collectively we could drive the anti-crowd nuts.
Because when all of us are shaken out onto the planks we are from every LEGIT walk of life every eco-state every profession in the country and unless we merge
together as one we will crumble as many ...

Michael

Amen.

gishooter
11-10-08, 16:00
removed, changed

RogerinTPA
11-10-08, 16:46
Sounds like a good idea. We not only need intra-forum commo, but also intel on senators and congressmen, state by state, on who voted for what anti weapons legislation, then vote in mass to eject them.

Seth Harness
11-10-08, 18:11
Sorry guys you'll have to excuse me, Im kinda stupid sometimes. I dont get what this is.
Im all about helping though.

jmtgsx
11-11-08, 13:53
Sorry guys you'll have to excuse me, Im kinda stupid sometimes. I dont get what this is.
Im all about helping though.

Some members of ar15.com (to include me) have been trying to do something positive for 2nd Amendment rights since the results of this past election day rolled in. Lots of people are scared about our future. Some are even panicking. I realized something had to be done. So a bunch of us started brain storming and came up with the idea to begin an effort to unite EVERYONE who has an interest in firearms or freedom in general. The purpose will be the rapid dissemination of information if and when anti-gun legislation is introduced in Congress. Rather than having hundreds of pro-gun online forums or organizations which are scattered and fragmented, our intended goal is to have at least one representative from every firearms message board, shooting club, the NRA, the GOA, the Citizen's Committee, manufacturers, dealers, gun shop owners, firearms magazines and publications, gun smiths, and as many gun owners as possible, etc all together under one roof, where we can rapidly plan and counter any threats to our freedom. Each group leader will also have the roll of passing on news to the members of their group. The goal is not to replace or be an alternative to any of these entities that already exist. The goal is to simply make sure that any information or ideas from any one body makes it to everyone else. Our effort isn't about making a profit. We will all be strictly volunteers. And while money may become an issue somewhere down the road (we are discussing hiring a lobbyist), the goal is not to require anyone to pay to become a member at this time or make donations. Instead, send those to the NRA, GOA or Citizen's Committee where they will be best put to use.

As of right now, me and those who have joined with me in this effort are planning the design of a website and a forum. The website will contain news updates, as well as contact info for all Congressional members at the federal and eventually even the state level. The forum area will have a private section where each group representative will be able to discuss efforts, make plans and make decisions about our direction. It will be an equal partnership and everyone will have an equal say in group matters. There will also be a sub-forum for every state, where planning and coordination of activities can take place at the local level.

If you would like to see how this all began, how the effort began to blossom and how it evolved, you can read the thread here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480&page=1

But in short, if you don't have time to read through that whole thread, we want to create the firearms community equivalent of the Emergency Broadcast System. By having everyone with a firearms interest linked together in a close network, we can rapidly alert all gun owners and freedom loving Americans the moment a bill is introduced in Congress. And then together, we can effectively direct the response to such a situation. Depending on the situation at hand, we will have the ability to send mass emails, mass text messaging, get the information and instructions posted to every firearms website on the net and have everyone working toward the same task in a unified manner to create ONE VOICE. We can swamp the House and Senate leadership with phone calls and emails all at once. We can write and call our own senators and reps. We can plan marches at the state and national level. But by having everyone working together, and that is the key, we can do all of this at a much higher level and with much better coordination and success.

If you would like to join with us to make a stand for our 2A rights, please either respond to me through an IM, send an email to george.tincher@gmail.com or sign up and post in the thread linked above at www.ar15.com. Provide your contact info (email will be fine) and someone will let you know when the site and forum are up and running and you can join in. If you wish to represent your business, industry, club, online forum, publication or whatever, please let that be known so you can be granted special access to the private forum that will serve as the group's nucleus. Together we can prevent any future assault weapons bans or other restrictive legislation that threatens our freedom.

Thank you and God Bless.
Charging_Handle

This was the best comprehensive mission statement I found. It was written by the author of the original thread (Community Organizer LOL!!)and can be found on page 6.

HTH,

Jim

jmtgsx
11-17-08, 12:51
New site is up & running. Please check it out....
http://www.righttokeepandbeararms.com/phpBB3/index.php

2am
(Second Ammendment Movement)

philinmedford
11-17-08, 13:28
New site is up & running. Please check it out....
http://www.righttokeepandbeararms.com/phpBB3/index.php

2am
(Second Ammendment Movement)

+1^ and a bump. I have joined, hope others do also

Dave L.
11-17-08, 13:45
I signed up!

murphy j
11-17-08, 18:30
I registered.

rightwingmaniac
11-17-08, 18:42
IM IN!

10MMGary
11-18-08, 00:13
I joined up, I like what little I have read so far.

C5CE
11-18-08, 04:20
I signed up.

I put a link on anther board where I'm a member. Its not a gun board, but we do have a firearms forum.

Safetyhit
11-18-08, 10:40
I am also in.

carbinero
11-18-08, 15:29
Worthy venture: I'm in.

Verbal Kint
11-18-08, 15:45
Registered, and added to my list of bookmarked forums.

too old for this
11-18-08, 16:29
It may be distasteful but just take a look at how the liberals do it. California just used the democratic process to ban gay marriage with a ballot proposal. Immediately, from coast to coast, the gay lobby started to organize protests against the turnout of a ballot issue. They figure their "rights" to gay marriage are not to be decided by a vote of the people. They claim it is a civil right. Well, d--m it, gay marriage is not in the Constitution, but THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS. My point is; it doesn't matter what the voting public wants or what politicians do; it is a CIVIL RIGHT that is unalienable, to own and use firearms of your choosing. This needs to be made, in the publics eye, a civil rights issue, not an NRA or joe sixpack one.

texasrangers
11-19-08, 00:32
gishooter - it was samuel adams.

hyrepower
11-19-08, 02:47
and who was it who said "The cost of freedom is eternal vigilance"

Abiqua
11-22-08, 18:48
Thanks, I signed up.