PDA

View Full Version : What's the easiest way to clean a TiRant9 suppressor?

Bret
05-18-19, 15:09
I disassembled my TiRant 9 suppressor for the first time since I purchased it. It probably has about 1000rds of the NT (non-toxic) Federal American Eagle 147gr TMJ through it. I followed the instructions to disassemble it. The instructions indicated that I would have to "gently" tap out the baffle stack with a 5/8" dowel. Not so. I had to pound the crap out of the baffle stack with the dowel until they all eventually came out. It actually does not look overly dirty to me.
https://i.postimg.cc/dt4zvjCJ/Ti-Rant-9-disassembled.jpg

Now that I have it apart, what's the easiest way to clean it? I really enjoy guns, but do not at all like cleaning them. I'm definitely willing to spend money on contraptions to avoid effort.

mikeyd501
05-18-19, 17:39
SEAL-1, I use it on all my cans & firearms too. No issues. Makes clean up super easy. Can even do it in my house. If you have a heated ultrasonic cleaner you can get their paste in 1 gallon containers and just run that by its self. Don't add anything else in the unit.

MegademiC
05-19-19, 15:17
Dont put aluminum in an ultrasonic.

I soak mine in hot water and simple green.
Then i scrub with a nylon brush and rinse off.

paco ramirez
05-20-19, 15:29
Buy a soda blaster. It's safe and easy for aluminum parts.

markm
05-20-19, 15:49
What is this can cleaning you speak of? :confused:

I wonder if a S.S. wet tumbler would work good. I've cleaned mounts and other items in mine with good success.

Pappabear
05-20-19, 16:36
Ive never cleaned a can, and I have some crusty ones. Need to follow this thread, I have the ti-rant as well.

PB

BigWaylon
05-21-19, 07:09
Take it apart. Knock the chunks out. Reassemble.

themonk
05-21-19, 09:51
Take it apart. Knock the chunks out. Reassemble.

^^This^^

RedDawn
05-23-19, 10:43
I take my aluminum baffles and soak them in balistol and water for a few hours then tumble them with walnut shell media for a couple hours. Apply a light coat of ALG juice and reinstall with baffles that line up with letters on the outside of the can for same repeatable poi ever time.