PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Geisele just stepped on their dick.

Hammered_Pair
05-20-19, 18:19
Made Instagram announcement of new Geisele made select fire lower for .gov and LE agency sales. The backlash was immediate of course.

Seems if a company makes restricted items they wouldn't want to publicly announce it and piss off customer base in today's politically charged climate.

At least they didn't hire Lon the assassin.

Prestonshooting
05-20-19, 18:24
So, Geissele should not bid for .gov and LE contracts because people who can't own a select-fire weapon will feel left out? All due respect, I don't get this and I don't get why you started a topic declaring Geissele has "stepped on their dick."

Weird, in my opinion.

militarymoron
05-20-19, 18:26
What's the difference between that and FN announcing the prototype 6.5 cal Mk48 Mod 2?

kyjd75
05-20-19, 18:26
Sorry, but can some one explain to me what is wrong with Geissele bidding on Government contracts?

Eurodriver
05-20-19, 18:28
I’m so confused.

Hammered_Pair
05-20-19, 18:29
I don't see a problem with this, apparently a lot of people are taking issue with it.

Expanding business I to government sales makes sense to me.

I’m so confused.

Geisele made a statement on a select fire lower they are making for the M4/M16 family and people are butthurt over it.

SeriousStudent
05-20-19, 18:33
Screw Chrysler and their Abrams tanks! If I can't have one...... oh, wait.

OP, I honestly think this is what we usually refer to as not a very big deal. I agree with MM - are people boycotting FN because they make the SAW for the military?

TomMcC
05-20-19, 18:34
What kind of things were they saying?

militarymoron
05-20-19, 18:35
Geisele made a statement on a select fire lower they are making for the M4/M16 family and people are butthurt over it.

I'm butthurt that I can't own a Mk48 (or 46).

Prestonshooting
05-20-19, 18:35
I'm going to DEMAND that Colt sell me a select fire M4A1 SOCOM. It's not fair I can't have one, but have to settle for a semi-auto version.

Firefly
05-20-19, 18:36
Screw Chrysler and their Abrams tanks! If I can't have one...... oh, wait.

OP, I honestly think this is what we usually refer to as not a very big deal. I agree with MM - are people boycotting FN because they make the SAW for the military?

Akchually you can buy a 249. Its just Semi only.

I'm over Geissele but not for this. Also Havent they made select fire stuff for a while?

Prestonshooting
05-20-19, 18:36
This topic's title should be changed to:

People can be really stupid - here's another example. :)

TomMcC
05-20-19, 18:39
I'm going to DEMAND that Colt sell me a select fire M4A1 SOCOM. It's not fair I can't have one, but have to settle for a semi-auto version.

In one sense it isn't fair. We really got hosed in 86.

SeriousStudent
05-20-19, 18:39
And since we are talking about political reactions, this is not an AR general discussion thread. Let's not let GD topics creep into a technical forum.

OP - if you want to post a political topic in GD, you either need 200 posts, or get someone to post it for you. This one is finito.