PDA

View Full Version : Why the Founders Wanted You to Own Military-Style Weapons

TexHill
05-21-19, 11:25
I know that this article is preaching to the choir, but perhaps this information will help a forum member who struggles to explain why our founding fathers had the foresight to include the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution.

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2019/05/20/why-the-founders-wanted-you-to-own-military-style-weapons/

Doc Safari
05-21-19, 11:29
I was just reading this article myself.

Quoting:

That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and therefore ought to be avoided, as far as the circumstances and protection of the community will admit; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

However: A person in the modern era must understand that the gun grabbers don't care what the founders intended. They are zealous in their aim to dump the Consititution. The truth is finally coming out about them that they want to do away with the Second Amendment, confiscate guns, and were about that all along.

ginzomatic
05-23-19, 08:34
The philosophical basis of citizens having the same means of defense (and one can even argue offense) as an individual actor of the government is unshakable, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk