PDA

View Full Version : Norgon Ambi-catch?

Jon G23
11-02-06, 21:37
Does anyone use these? I am a southpaw and wonder how they would work? Are they a better way to release the magazine, vs. just learning to do it left handed?

KevinB
11-02-06, 22:14
The Canadian Army has a licensed version.
results are mixed.

I have a original Norgon on one gun - it works -- but I'm not a southpaw and I prefer having a Redi-Mag...

Robb Jensen
11-03-06, 04:02
They work pretty good for lefties.

I had one on a couple of my ARs but after it bumping into my chest rig during a training course and causing my mag to fall out I quit using them (I'm a right handed, left eye dominant shooter).

Marler5811
11-03-06, 06:32
I have one and love it. Makes for much faster reloads. Gotta be careful you don't hit the bolt release instead of your mag release though. They are really close together.

Mike91A
11-28-06, 01:41
I have one . Works great for me when having to change mags while shooting weak side .

R.D.
11-28-06, 16:32
I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for. If it is a defensive carbine then I would recomend against it IMHO. After much thinking and questioning some people with much more experince than myself came to the conclusion that being able to run my carbine without comfort items is very important(I do use a PRI big latch and custom grips). You never know when you might need to use a stock carbine. Also as stated earlier there is no mag fence to prevent accidental release of the mag. One last thing the ones I have used have been harder to release the mags than the regular(factory) mag realease.YMMV