You can almost read the roll marks.

Incredible composure.

https://youtu.be/pGtrSpVKmyE

AKDoug
05-23-19, 23:38
You can almost read the roll marks.

Incredible composure.

https://youtu.be/pGtrSpVKmyE

You can read the roll mark.. Windham Weaponry. That rifleman is in great shape, he was hardly winded after all that action. Solid work.

THCDDM4
05-24-19, 00:11
Cardio. Good job.

Sam
05-24-19, 05:53
Great shots, 2 rounds across at least 6 lanes of traffic with idiot, asleep at the wheel drivers whizzing by. Who said a non HK416 or $2000 AR can't get the job done. I just can't get over the stupid drivers.

ThirdWatcher
05-24-19, 07:22
... I just can't get over the stupid drivers.

I knew a fellow Trooper who took cover behind a car during a gunfight on the freeway during rush hour and passing drivers honked at him to get out of the way. He survived but had some hard feelings over it (and I sure don’t blame him).

You wanna see how stupid the average Anerican is, try directing traffic...

TexHill
05-24-19, 07:27
Who said a non HK416 or $2000 AR can't get the job done.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then. :cool:

grizzlyblake
05-24-19, 07:36
That officer has incredible composure and control. Well done.

Firefly
05-24-19, 07:44
I unironically like how he shot through oncoming traffic in a self defense situation

P E A C E K E E P E R

Sam
05-24-19, 12:31
I unironically like how he shot through oncoming traffic in a self defense situation

P E A C E K E E P E R

The world is not a square, flat range. Real world is 360.

lowprone
05-24-19, 12:45
The average citizen has 0% situational awareness compounded by an amazing degree of stupidity.
I would compare them to sheep, but sheep know, they just can't do anything but run away.

Firefly
05-24-19, 13:13
The world is not a square, flat range. Real world is 360.

I of all people know that. It's a semi esoteric meme. At first I was gonna say it was like outta Heat but figured I'd go more cerebral

And we very much live in a 1080° world as people like their balconies and ditches too

joedirt199
05-24-19, 14:01
Looks to be a personal weapon. Ours have to remain bone stock rock rivers with carry handles and plastic handguards.

Sry0fcr
05-24-19, 15:43
Dude, has ice water in his veins. Good shot and good shoot.

NYH1
05-24-19, 15:50
The officer did a great job for sure.

NYH1.

Firefly
05-24-19, 15:59
Looks to be a personal weapon. Ours have to remain bone stock rock rivers with carry handles and plastic handguards.

This sorta irks me and sorta doesnt.
In a perfect world, people should know what they are doing and why.

Like if a rifle has a data book and a spec sheet then it should be able to be used. A lot of 50s era technology is kinda a hindrance now. If someone wants a longer handguard and a reliable optic or wants to SBR their own gun and can qual on it then go.

I wouldnt want to tote a longpike rifle again

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-24-19, 16:09

All of our issued patrol rifles are FN 10.5" SBR's with Sig cans and Aimpoint PRO's. Not the best, but better than most.

arptsprt
05-24-19, 16:44
You can say that again.

All of our issued patrol rifles are FN 10.5" SBR's with Sig cans and Aimpoint PRO's. Not the best, but better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
05-24-19, 17:13
Cardio. Good job.

Yeah, I had actually forgotten how much running you do as a LEO.

B Cart
05-24-19, 17:33
Great shoot, and excellent composure. Not sure if he is former .mil or not, but with the way he made those shots under pressure and wasn't phased by it, it doesn't seem like his first rodeo...

SteyrAUG
05-24-19, 17:39
Great shots, 2 rounds across at least 6 lanes of traffic with idiot, asleep at the wheel drivers whizzing by. Who said a non HK416 or $2000 AR can't get the job done. I just can't get over the stupid drivers.

They would have to look up from their phones to even realize they are driving through a gunfight.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-24-19, 19:00
You are coming up either at 75mph, or in the middle of traffic slowing and your first thought is that it's a gunfight? I know this is America, but that would be expecting a zebra when there are plenty of horses out there. There is a level between situational awareness and omniscience...

Who was in the car with him and where did they go? Why was their face blurred?

philcam
05-24-19, 19:34
Who was in the car with him and where did they go? Why was their face blurred?

I’m thinking his passenger was a cadet, Explorer, or citizens police academy and not a LEO.

SeriousStudent
05-24-19, 19:45
That officer is a 24K solid gold stud. The citizens of Tulsa are very lucky to have him defending them.

And I thought Greg Ellifritz had an interesting blog post regarding "taking the shot".

https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/what-if-your-backstop-is-a-freeway

I know Greg, as do some of you. He's an excellent trainer, and a really good guy. His thoughts are worth paying attention to.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-24-19, 20:12
Great shoot, and excellent composure. Not sure if he is former .mil or not, but with the way he made those shots under pressure and wasn't phased by it, it doesn't seem like his first rodeo...

Tulsa PD is an elite and premier destination agency. They handle their shit.

joedirt199
05-24-19, 21:09
Plus he can drive with no hands. Drinking chickfila, working the radio, driving with rifle in windshield. Plus the sleeve tatt adds to the badassery. Our dept says you gotta cover that shit up because the public might get the wrong impression. Our rifles are stored in the trunk but they have plans to get us rifle mounts up front. We had some old school sheriff that said he did fine with a shotgun and wheel gun for years. He is gone now and we are catching up with the times.

The closest lane, red truck driver had traffic stopped so someone was watching.

ThirdWatcher
05-25-19, 03:29
I wish they’d leave the tats alone. I don’t have a single tattoo on my body but some of my dearest brothers-in-arms have full sleeves. Most people don’t even know what agency you represent (even though it’s on your uniform) so I can’t see how tats even enter the conversation.

Ron3
05-25-19, 07:43
Yea, 0-3 seconds isnt enough time for the drivers to reset their OODA loop and not make any stupid moves at 75 mph.

1. Keep going
2. Slow down gently
3. Stop hard short of the scene (if they saw it a long way off) in the middle of the interstate and get rear-ended
4. Stop hard short of the scene (if they saw it a long way off) in the emergency lane of the interstate and very likely get rear ended by someone else doing the same or swerving.

No good option.

Most are still going to be in the "what the hell am I seeing?!" Phase still as they pass by.

SteyrAUG
05-25-19, 14:11
I wish they’d leave the tats alone. I don’t have a single tattoo on my body but some of my dearest brothers-in-arms have full sleeves. Most people don’t even know what agency you represent (even though it’s on your uniform) so I can’t see how tats even enter the conversation.

I don't know why it became mainstream socially acceptable. I have now seen "grannies" with full sleeves. At any rate, it's biker trash standards and people will judge you. I can remember cops getting shit for shoulder tattoos that aren't even visible when dressed.

The cop in the video was a champ and making the world a safer and better place so I hope everyone will overlook his tats even though they do look like shit and generally are an indicator of poor long term decision making. The only exception should be military tattoos and even there I question the wisdom of doing it.

So when tattoo sleeves become the norm for everyone, what's next? Face tattoos? Because 20 years ago guys with a globe and anchor on their shoulder used to justify it with "It's not like I've got a whole goddamn sleeve."

Firefly
05-25-19, 14:15
Tattoos are bought. Scars are earned.

That said I dont have a tattoo and dont believe in anything strong enough to get one but if they dont care; I dont care

jpmuscle
05-25-19, 14:21
I don't know why it became mainstream socially acceptable. I have now seen "grannies" with full sleeves. At any rate, it's biker trash standards and people will judge you. I can remember cops getting shit for shoulder tattoos that aren't even visible when dressed.

The cop in the video was a champ and making the world a safer and better place so I hope everyone will overlook his tats even though they do look like shit and generally are an indicator of poor long term decision making. The only exception should be military tattoos and even there I question the wisdom of doing it.

So when tattoo sleeves become the norm for everyone, what's next? Face tattoos? Because 20 years ago guys with a globe and anchor on their shoulder used to justify it with "It's not like I've got a whole goddamn sleeve."

That’s just a wee bit judgmental of you don’t you think?

26 Inf
05-25-19, 14:38

I have two tats, both 'earned.'

40 years down the road they look like shit.

Experience is sometimes a harsh teacher.

Sam
05-25-19, 15:04
Tats on that officer mean nothing to me and it contribute nothing to his performance. He did the right thing, he did it well.

Firefly
05-25-19, 15:51
I have two tats, both 'earned.'

40 years down the road they look like shit.

Experience is sometimes a harsh teacher.

Tell us more about the battleship on your chest that turned into a submarine, grandpa
:jester:
(wuv youuu!)

But seriously, I let the old church ladies do the tut-tutting. I used to think tattoos were lame and unprofessional. Then I just accepted that they simply weren't my thing and hey, we all got our little quirks

joedirt199
05-25-19, 17:57
Not sure where anything was said in a negative light about the tattoos, but it sure went down that way.

AndyLate
05-25-19, 18:32

He expressed exactly how I feel about tattoos.

I don't judge people for having them. I hire and manage salaried professionals who tend to be artist type folks and tattoos, guages, facial hair, long hair, etc don't affect my descisions. Performance, attitude, teamwork and the ability to dress tastefully when required are all a lot more important than personal expression through appearance.

I just don't like tattoos...

Andy

P.S. Tulsa is lucky to have the officer...

Firefly
05-25-19, 19:43
Now Im all for long hair and think buzzcuts are kinda lame.

The 70s were peak police A E S T H E T I C. Afros and shaggy hair.

I get that a lot of males now suffer from male pattern baldness but still...

AndyLate
05-25-19, 20:08
Now Im all for long hair and think buzzcuts are kinda lame.

I get that a lot of males now suffer from male pattern baldness but still...

I totally do, and keep my hair super short because I wouldn't fool anyone with a combover.

SteyrAUG
05-25-19, 22:01

Like it or not everyone judges you to some extent. Tattoos, purple hair, lots of piercings...you will be judged accordingly. I'm just willing to be honest about how it is perceived.

Now I know a lot of people who have tats, some of them are even serious special forces types, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be captured with a "special forces" tattoo, of course maybe they don't have any intention of being captured alive. Either way it's their right, I respect their right but I don't think it's a very good idea.

And like I said, the cop in the video was a champ. I'd just hate to see someone with that ability not get hired because they look sketchy.

SteyrAUG
05-25-19, 22:04
Tats on that officer mean nothing to me and it contribute nothing to his performance. He did the right thing, he did it well.

At the end of the day, least important thing. I was also speaking pretty generally.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-25-19, 22:51

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never served in the military and yet you question military tattoos?

Biker trash?

Wow.

26 Inf
05-25-19, 23:59
Like it or not everyone judges you to some extent. Tattoos, purple hair, lots of piercings...you will be judged accordingly. I'm just willing to be honest about how it is perceived.

Now I know a lot of people who have tats, some of them are even serious special forces types, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be captured with a "special forces" tattoo, of course maybe they don't have any intention of being captured alive. Either way it's their right, I respect their right but I don't think it's a very good idea.

And like I said, the cop in the video was a champ. I'd just hate to see someone with that ability not get hired because they look sketchy.

I was told by a Veteran of the Berlin Brigade that back in the day SF guys that got tats were kind of looked down upon because American tats meant 'no over the wall for you' (said in best Seinfeld Soup Nazi voice).

As far as police officers go, if you had sleeves before you got the job, maybe you weren't taking a long view of what you might want to do, if you got sleeves after you got the popo gig, IMO your kind of giving folks an excuse not to think much of you, regardless of whether that is fair or not.

In a decade I'm sure it won't matter.

As I noted earlier, in three decades things are gonna get drunk carny ugly, though.

26 Inf
05-26-19, 00:08
Tell us more about the battleship on your chest that turned into a submarine, grandpa
:jester:
(wuv youuu!)

Not a battleship, a nekkid lady that did the hula when I rippled my pecs. Now she looks like a jogging leprechaun when I jump up and down.

AKDoug
05-26-19, 01:39
I was told by a Veteran of the Berlin Brigade that back in the day SF guys that got tats were kind of looked down upon because American tats meant 'no over the wall for you' (said in best Seinfeld Soup Nazi voice).

As far as police officers go, if you had sleeves before you got the job, maybe you weren't taking a long view of what you might want to do, if you got sleeves after you got the popo gig, IMO your kind of giving folks an excuse not to think much of you, regardless of whether that is fair or not.

In a decade I'm sure it won't matter.

As I noted earlier, in three decades things are gonna get drunk carny ugly, though. I was cruising down memory lane today and laughing at pics of 80's metal bands with my 19 y.o. daughter.. surprisingly not a single member of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, or Pantera had a single tattoo (that show) into the late 80's. I see tats as a fad, and they're just as likely to fade from popularity as they are to increase.

Firefly
05-26-19, 01:52
I was cruising down memory lane today and laughing at pics of 80's metal bands with my 19 y.o. daughter.. surprisingly not a single member of Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, or Pantera had a single tattoo (that show) into the late 80's. I see tats as a fad, and they're just as likely to fade from popularity as they are to increase.

Akchually, Motley Crue was fairly inked by '89...

Anyways I agree with the fad part. Once something becomes normal; people will find a new way to rebel.

We are seeing the genesis of it today but times be coming when the most punk rock and edgelord thing you can do is be white, Christian, gainfully employed, regular parishoner with 2 kids and only punched the V card to the loyal wife.

Dead Serious. When Everyone is a weirdo, a hippie, or degenerate then the only real rebellion is buckling down and flying right.

Interracial lesbian couple with matching Kia Souls and adopted Tongolese orphan babies?
yaaaawn. What are they accountants?

Guy who does the WASP thing like Ozzie and Harriet?

2edgy4me

SteyrAUG
05-26-19, 01:58
Akchually, Motley Crue was fairly inked by '89...

Anyways I agree with the fad part. Once something becomes normal; people will find a new way to rebel.

We are seeing the genesis of it today but times be coming when the most punk rock and edgelord thing you can do is be white, Christian, gainfully employed, regular parishoner with 2 kids and only punched the V card to the loyal wife.

Dead Serious. When Everyone is a weirdo, a hippie, or degenerate then the only real rebellion is buckling down and flying right.

Interracial lesbian couple with matching Kia Souls and adopted Tongolese orphan babies?
yaaaawn. What are they accountants?

Guy who does the WASP thing like Ozzie and Harriet?

2edgy4me

When Janine Lindenmuller got a full arm sleeve of tats, that's the day ink broke my heart. Easily one of the most stunning women on the planet and it looked like shit. Today she is an inked up disaster.

SteyrAUG
05-26-19, 02:07
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you never served in the military and yet you question military tattoos?

Biker trash?

Wow.

I never served.

I question a NSW get getting something like a trident tattoo. BUT...not because he hasn't earned the right or the freedom to do so, I simply actually worry about what would happen to him if he falls into enemy hands. Simple blood group tattoos did wonders for ferreting out members of the SS after WWII.

And yeah, a whole sleeve is the sort of thing I usually associate with biker trash. Doesn't mean everyone with a sleeve is biker trash, but honestly if you see a neck tattoo or a spider web tattoo do you typically assume positive things from the outset?

But more importantly, initial assessments can be modified. If the person turns out to be a decent guy who is a fashion victim then they still go into decent guy status. Like I said I know some serious people covered in ink, they are my friends. I think their ink looks like shit but it's their arms and probably they did it at a time when they probably thought they were all gonna be dead anyway so F it.

I understand that, but I still think it's a bad idea. Just like it's a bad idea to walk around looking like a LA banger because rappers dress like that and you think it's cool.

But perhaps more importantly, end of the day, who cares what I think.

cd228
05-26-19, 03:52
So did the Perp live? What was the backstory?

n517rv
05-26-19, 08:15
So did the Perp live? What was the backstory?Right! I remember this thread was once about a bad ass Tulsa cop and it somehow turned into a tat discussion.

I believe the perp died, but maybe someone can confirm.

BTW, my hats off to that cop. Outstanding work and I could care less about his tats.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sam
05-26-19, 08:32
Please stick to the original topic. Enough talk about tats or other things not associated. We're close to being done with the thread otherwise.