PDA

View Full Version : Threat Solutions Group Basic Pistol Course Dec. 19 & 20th

rickp
11-10-08, 18:49
Hey guys and gals,
I’m happy to announce that Threat Solutions Group will be offering a Basic Pistol course on December 19th-20th at Pop Dean’s Range in Broward County.

Some of you on this forum know me and know what I can offer and some of you don’t. It today's world, there are a lot of trainers out there, some with more experience than others. I understand that potential clients will be spending their hard earned money, and expecting solid instruction and training in return. I can assure you that I take a lot of pride in what I do, and understand the responsibility that goes with this type of teaching. It is with this understanding that I offer you my knowledge and real world experience in hopes of teaching you how to keep yourself or your family safer.
Please feel free to ask around and inquire about me. Should you have any questions or wish to speak to me directly, all my contact information is on my website, http://www.threatsolutionsgroup.com

Here is a description of the course and the topics covered.
Course Description
2 Day Course
Cost: $300.00
Ammunition: 600rds
No training prerequisites.

This entry-level course is designed to give the beginner shooter the solid foundation required to consistently execute the proper handgun fundamentals. Through repetition and proper mindset the student will achieve the proficiency level necessary to safely and confidently use his weapon in a defensive role.

Topics covered will be:
• Safety
• Proper gear selection and placement
• Psychological Effects
• Shooting Fundamentals
• Shooting stance
• The draw
• Proper grips
• Reloads
• Malfunctions
• Shooting Positions
• Strong and weak hand shooting
• Retention
• Shooting on the move

Recommended Equipment
Safety glasses and hearing protection, pistol, your carry holster, your magazine pouch, two or more mags (the more the better), a sturdy gun belt, a range bag to carry everything, ammo that is suggested for the class, any spare parts that you think you may use, gun cleaning stuff and a spare weapon if possible. Knee and elbow pads are a good idea and a mat for shooting prone. Also bring a tactical flashlight with spare batteries, and a spare bulb. Bring a note pad, pen and lastly bring an open mind.

Personal items:
Sunscreen, bug spray, pants or shorts depending on weather, short boots are most practical, hat with a bill to keep the sun off your face. A cooler with lots of drinks as the sun is hotter than you think. Personal first aid kit. Also, bring a lunch. Due to time restraints we have to eat at the range. Lastly, bring some rain gear and a couple of towels one for you and one for your weapon if necessary.

Youn can reach me at:
305-321-6883
rick@threatsolutionsgroup.com
or visit my site at http://www.threatsolutionsgroup.com